I think we beat the Broncos by at least 14 in the Bowl

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NINEster":4c3lmmym said:
However, it must be said that if the 2013 Seahawks had to play the 2015 Broncos, the game would have been a lot, lot closer.

These Broncos might fair about the same as the best of any of those 49ers Super Bowl teams against the mighty 2013 Seahawks. Arguably a bit closer than the 2013 best Offense in the history of the NFL Broncos, but still no cigar.

drdiags

Reaction score
Nice living in the past. This is like Al Bundy talking about his 4 TDs in a game while playing for Polk High. There should be an expiration date on when these things can no longer be bumped.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Whoa, time out there. I think a lot of Hawks fans genuinely believe these are the same teams that played in 48.

Both teams are undeniably different.

Denvers front 7 would wreck us this year.

Denver leads the league in sacks.

Last time I checked, we have problems with the Rams front 7.

Our offensive line would not have the same success it did in 48.

Defensively, I think Peyton Manning would pick us apart this game.

Other than Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril, there is no pressure. And if Manning has time to throw, he'll find open holes in Kris Richards Cover-3. It's been tried and tested this year and QB's have find some soft spots.

Denver is the better team this year.

Our offensive line wouldn't stand a chance.

Russell would be sacked at least 7-8 times.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Denver would be a super-sized test for the spread offense Seattle has been running. In a lot of ways, the game would be a role reversal of SB 48.

The Broncos are easy to underestimate because Manning has been so awful, but when you have a defense like that, you can win ANY game.

As said above, facing the Broncos right now would be like facing a much better version of the Rams. I'd probably pick Denver to win a close, ugly game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I really don't know. The Donkeys' defense is really good. I think they would make the O line look like swiss cheese, especially with Okung out. I think it would be a very slow start for the seattle offense. I think the Hawks' D would similarly manhandle the Broncos offense. I could see the final score being like 10-9, and that could obviously go either way.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Not sure.

I think Carolina is going to win convincingly, however.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We could keep Manning in check, but I can't see us winning up front.

If we use spread formations, we're leaving our tackles on an island with their rushers. Okung would either miss the game or play with an injured shoulder. So, you're talking about Gilliam and either Bailey or an injured Okung against Von Miller and Ware. Britt against Malik Jackson. Recipe for disaster. If we max protect, you need Doug and Tyler to get open on Talib and Chris Harris consistently. And could we run on them? We couldn't two years ago when Lynch was in his prime.

When we're on, we're more dynamic than they are, but they could easily get us out of character IMO. Might've been a tight game unless the OL somehow pulled the game of their lives out of their butts.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Broncos Defense vs Seahawks O-Line....I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks lost by at least 14 pts if they made it to the SB.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Their defense completely dominated our offense in the preseason. I know its hard to take a lot from an exhibition game.. but in 2013 the same thing happened when we faced Denver in preseason. We thumped them then and thumped them again at MetLife.

I think if we faced Denver in Santa Clara this year.. it'd be a much closer game, but the Broncos defense would give us a lot of problems with their pass rush and cover corners.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Was bored and looked up some old posts. I felt real confident going into XLVIII but even I couldn't have imagined that kind of blowout.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
seabowl":30wbgbv9 said:
Was bored and looked up some old posts. I felt real confident going into XLVIII but even I couldn't have imagined that kind of blowout.

You certainly called it. Great job on the prediction. No one could've foreseen the total beat down and annihilation served on Manning and company. But by posting on your own thread 3 years later, this could give the impression you're trying to pat yourself on the back. I hope that isn't the case.

Seahawk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a little self back patting. I noticed you didn't look up an old thread and congratulate op.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2glzma28 said:
seabowl":2glzma28 said:

You certainly called it. Great job on the prediction. No one could've foreseen the total beat down and annihilation served on Manning and company. But by posting on your own thread 3 years later, this could give the impression you're trying to pat yourself on the back. I hope that isn't the case.

While I normally agree on "told ya so" posts, if there's one kind of prediction that should be an exception, it's predicting a Super Bowl win.

I did it back in 2013. I even got the opponent right.

Latest posts