If ADB has a problem with RW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
doug baldwin has one bad reaction and it's time to cut him.

LOL.

Look this Harvin situation is a mess and we got burned bad on that trade. But it's like getting burned by a girlfriend; all you do by not just moving on and taking care of your business is letting that b%@$h burn you even more.

I'm down on the Hawks right now because they aren't playing well and injuries have piled up. But that's just football, and this was a decision that had to be made. I'm not in the camp of people who think this is 'good news' but in the long run it is the best move for the team.

lets not overreact about things though. There are some challenges facing the team. I sincerely doubt doug baldwin is one of them. The guy has been here for years and was frustrated. Would you rather he just didn't care?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":185bt4zs said:
as suggested..... then I say throw him back to the scrap pile the hawks found him in. He was an UFA signing.....didn't get drafted, which points to a lack of athleticism. We can find another guy better than ADB....his act is wearing thin.

So, let's see... You start out with a complete supposition. Then go to a "fact" which is easily provable false by statistical analysis, then use that "fact" to support your hypothesis which in nothing but thinly veiled opinion about a situation you know nothing about. And you claim to be "The Scientist"? If you're a "scientist", I'm frickin' Albert Einstein. That's some of the worst 'logic' I've ever heard. :roll:

kobebryant

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1yzbeu0r said:
ImTheScientist":1yzbeu0r said:
as suggested..... then I say throw him back to the scrap pile the hawks found him in. He was an UFA signing.....didn't get drafted, which points to a lack of athleticism. We can find another guy better than ADB....his act is wearing thin.

So, let's see... You start out with a complete supposition. Then go to a "fact" which is easily provable false by statistical analysis, then use that "fact" to support your hypothesis which in nothing but thinly veiled opinion about a situation you know nothing about. And you claim to be "The Scientist"? If you're a "scientist", I'm frickin' Albert Einstein. That's some of the worst 'logic' I've ever heard. :roll:

i noticed that too. every step in his line of argumentation was completely unscientific.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Even during the Dallas game, I thought that Baldwin was trying to pump up Wilson when he got in his face. It was clear that he was saying "This is your offense". It was like a "Let's go!" type of speech.

I knew the media was going to take it in another direction, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that Baldwin was just trying to light a competitive fire.

Schadie001

Reaction score
First, thank God someone on this team shows some leadership and emotion when the team is looking like trash. I believe that if mad it was more about the in ability of the entire offense to do anything then with Wilson. But if it was directed at Wilson then I say good. He was playing pretty bad and isn't above being yelled at.

For everyone who has a beef with Doug tell me who has been a more clutch guy than him the last two years. Everyone can't be a dez, and Doug it 10 times the leader.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
T-Sizzle's just bitter that we shipped off Harvin after he was rubbing it in everybody's face that we got him. Your little "I told you so" tantrum looks pretty silly now, doesn't it?

Speaking of, anybody heard from Wenhawk? He was keeping pretty close tabs on how everybody felt about bringing in Percy as well. Somebody should probably check on him.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3cp9o6lx said:
T-Sizzle's just bitter that we shipped off Harvin after he was rubbing it in everybody's face that we got him. Your little "I told you so" tantrum looks pretty silly now, doesn't it?

Speaking of, anybody heard from Wenhawk? He was keeping pretty close tabs on how everybody felt about bringing in Percy as well. Somebody should probably check on him.

Attacking users is frowned upon.....typically it results in a ban.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2odwzdbv said:
Zebulon Dak":2odwzdbv said:

Attacking users is frowned upon.....typically it results in a ban.

Starts thread to troll, whines about being called out. Good luck with that, bro.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Most reporters seem to think ADB was lashing out at Harvin in his outburst last week. No one but Doug knows for sure, but that seems to be the theory now that Harvin has been tossed aside.

kearly

Reaction score
I know some people will hate this comparison, but Doug Baldwin reminds me of Jim Harbaugh in some ways. Granted, he's not whiny, but he rubs a lot of people the wrong way with his acidic-competitive personality and rather than adjust himself he seems to be fine with "thriving in chaos" as Harbaugh does in his professional relationships. Steve Smith, same story.

Thankfully, we have a team full of mentally tough players, none moreso than our QB. I would be very surprised if ADB's antic's ever manifested into a real problem. If he were on a lot of other teams though he'd need to curb his behavior, or compensate with 1300 receiving yards.

sam1313

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1nyeaqwd said:
I don't think ADB has a problem with RW at all. He was frustrated in the game and voicing it to his on the field leader.

A blogger on twitter the other day, forget who, said he tried reading Doug's lips on the sideline and it appeared as if he said to RW, "This is your f'n offense!" At first glance, one would think he's blaming Russ. But how about now that we've learned about the rift that Harvin was creating in the locker room? And that he had gotten into a physical altercation with Doug Baldwin. Now you have a game where the Hawks offense isn't working, where they are stupidly forcing the ball to Harvin on plays that aren't working. Baldwin's words take on new meaning, eh? To me if sounds like an employee telling his leader to fix a broken situation. To me, ADB was telling Russ, "This is your offense. Not his!" That's speculation, sure. But man does that paint things in a different light. And if it's true, makes me think even more of Baldwin. So save me this lazy "He was fighting with RW" narrative. Cuz that's all it is, lazy.

PS: Some people on here are really bad at parsing information. Scary how knee jerk and misinformed some fans are. Thoughtless reactions like this spread really fast in the day and age of lazy analysis, overrated opinions, and a popular winning team with lots of casual "newer" fans not used to how things go. Learn to look for more than one or two takes on a subject or story before forming opinions. Trust me. You'll sound a lot smarter for doing so.

Well said Seatown. I agree.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Dougie's one of the most well spoken players on the team. His press conferences are golden. I love listening to that dude talk. He'll probably never be any team's #1 but he's a pretty invaluable #2/slot guy and he's consistently fiery and passionate. Seems like a great teammate and he's not a half bad football player. Couple drops this year but if he pulls it together all will be forgiven.

sam1313

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that ADB was telling RW, this is your offense so change the freaking play that was called in. You don't have to run the stupid ass bubble screen any more this game. We are at home, we can hear you change the play, change the damn play! Screw Bevell and Harvin! And, if I am correct, then ADB was absolutely right!

hawks509

Reaction score
Terrible thread IMO. ADB has been great for us and deserved to be emotional in that game, as did anyone on the team. FWIW, if we did cut him, he would never go to back a "scrap pile", he'd be signed by someone else instantly

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":bxb3gqwe said:
-The Glove-":bxb3gqwe said:
ImTheScientist":bxb3gqwe said:
SomersetHawk":bxb3gqwe said:
Cut them all.

Seriously dude? This Doug stuff happened a while ago, and whilst I think he's a whiny bitch, I still love him and I'm sure he loves being a Hawk. Plus, we've already got arguably the worst O-line and WR group in the league, where would that leave our offense?

Doug's going to ball out the rest of the season.

Doug seemed to be yelling up in Wilsons face just last week. He's a WR3....nothing more.
And Dez Bryant was throwing a "temper tantrum" in Romo's face...we all know what happened later

ADB is NOT even on the same planet as Dez Bryant in regards to his talent or play. Its more the equivalent of Eddie Royal bitching out Phillips Rivers. Not acceptable and I applaud RW for not knocking ADB out.
That's besides the damn point. ADB and Dez are both passionate, emotional players...what may look like a "temper tantrum" to us from the outside might be him trying to pump up his team(mate) and be actually positive.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Such a stupid thread.

As for DB being from "the scrap heap" and undrafted due to "lack of athleticism", that is nonsense.
The reason DB went undrafted is because he spent years in Harbaugh's doghouse (he was a Walt Harris recruit, not a Harbaugh one, so he was not one of "Harbaugh's guys"). When Harbaugh finally released him from the doghouse he had a great year. He was Stanford's #1 receiver, Andrew Luck's #1 target. But DB had just that one great year, and NFL scouts generally want to see multiple great years of collegiate play when drafting someone.

Here are highlights of DB's play at Stanford his final year. Does he really look like a "scrap heap guy with no athleticism"?

BTW, from a Seahawks fan's standpoint a cool thing about this vid is the very end, with DB and Sherm hoisting the Orange Bowl trophy. :thirishdrinkers:

[youtube]lQf_DYx0Xt0[/youtube]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
For 2 reasons, one being a Hawks fan and secondly for both my fantasy teams, I think this helps Baldwin get on track this year. Interesting to hear what he may have actually been yellling about.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Escamillo":2nn8342m said:
Such a stupid thread.

As for DB being from "the scrap heap" and undrafted due to "lack of athleticism", that is nonsense.
The reason DB went undrafted is because he spent years in Harbaugh's doghouse (he was a Walt Harris recruit, not a Harbaugh one, so he was not one of "Harbaugh's guys"). When Harbaugh finally released him from the doghouse he had a great year. He was Stanford's #1 receiver, Andrew Luck's #1 target. But DB had just that one great year, and NFL scouts generally want to see multiple great years of collegiate play when drafting someone.

Here are highlights of DB's play at Stanford his final year. Does he really look like a "scrap heap guy with no athleticism"?

BTW, from a Seahawks fan's standpoint a cool thing about this vid is the very end, with DB and Sherm hoisting the Orange Bowl trophy. :thirishdrinkers:

[youtube]lQf_DYx0Xt0[/youtube]

The facts are he wasn't drafted. You can make excuses for that as you have but every team passed on him multiple times. ISO I disagree with your assessment . As to your initial comment, it's not needed.

Bottom line for me is you don't talk to your franchise qb the way he did. I have no respect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.