If anybody tells you lucky win?

camdawg

Reaction score
irocdave":370lybtu said:
First off, the Hawks got lucky. The Hawks didn't beat the odds, the Vikings did what only happens like 2.??% of the time. The cold weather was the equalizer and the Hawks were LUCKY that the Vikings missed the gimme game winning field goal. No doubt in my mind the hawks would have rolled the Vikings in warmer weather, but that wasn't the case.

Why is it so hard for some Hawk fans to say the Hawks lucked out with this win? I don't recall this same arrogant attitude from Hawk fans when Romo dropped the snap on the game winning kick for the Cowpatties. I think we have some seriously spoiled rotten fans that will slink away as soon as the hawks get booted from the playoffs, which will be next weekend if the offense doesn't play 100x's better.

First, on the 06/07 Wild Card Game, no way should we grant Dallas an automatic stop if Romo doesn't fumble, and Gramatica makes the chippy. We still would've had 1:15 or so to get Josh Brown in position to win the game. So were we a little lucky in that game, but I see some Hawk fans wanting others to "admit" we had no business winning that game, or this one. And it's silly.

Were we really lucky Walsh missed? Yes. But why can't you admit that fans who disagree with your overall take of the game, actually have a point? That the Vikings were also pretty lucky they were even in a position to have Walsh decide the game, thanks to a garbage penalty against Chancellor? Without that controversial penalty, the game doesn't come down to the missed field goal.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
ZagHawk":jchmv72j said:
When a kicker misses a gimme FG like that, and the ball wasn't blocked or tipped by a Hawk defender, it's a lucky win. Just be thankful.

When a player like Adrian Peterson rushes for 45 yards a game and is even in position to win the game in the end, then THEY ARE LICKY.

Viking fans, be thankful.

Goes both ways.

How many games have Seattle won where Marshawn rushed for under 50 yards and won? VERY FEW, IF ANY

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
We caught one lucky break--we weren't gifted a win. It was a defensive struggle, and we held their offense in check all game. We stuffed their run game and caused Peterson to fumble. We turned really bad plays into hugely positive ones. Most of the time you make your own luck, and we did that. If we'd have gotten even a single first down our last possession, no one would have been talking about luck.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The football gods evened things out making up for that BS Kam pass interference call

potatohead

Reaction score
My old man told me many years ago;

You have to be good to be lucky, and lucky to be good.

On to Carolina 8)

SeahawkPQ

Reaction score
The Vikings got just as lucky of a break that led to three points when our long snapper snapped the ball low. And 3 points is 3 points, whether it is in the first quarter or the last play

kf3339

Reaction score
The Vikings had some luck today as well. That first FG was because of our botched punt in the first quarter. Also, PC decided to go for it on 4th and 13 (?) instead of trying a makeable 47 yard FG in the 2nd quarter? Housh can make them up to 60 yards, but PC doesn't think he can make it closer. Even in very cold weather? Of course, he did make a 46 yarder in the 4th, so....

Seems to me that was a 6 point swing making the potential score a lot different. So they were lucky as well.

Bottom line it was a much tougher game than most thought and we won. Now on to the Panthers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":17opatz0 said:
We caught one lucky break--we weren't gifted a win. It was a defensive struggle, and we held their offense in check all game. We stuffed their run game and caused Peterson to fumble. We turned really bad plays into hugely positive ones. Most of the time you make your own luck, and we did that. If we'd have gotten even a single first down our last possession, no one would have been talking about luck.
BINGfreakinO!
Well said! :th2thumbs:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Minny settled for FGs instead of touchdowns and let it be close enough at the end for something fluky like that to decide their season. Maybe that's luck, but the ball isn't round; "lucky" happens 10 times a game.

I for one have no problem accepting this win. Props to Minny for a good game, but you gotta put it in the endzone a few times and keep your foot on the throat if you expect to beat a team like Seattle...

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I dont mind the lucky win comment. We were lucky that Walsh missed a chip shot. But I take exception to the "Vikings deserved to win that game comment". Yeah their defense played great and deserved it. But so did ours. What did the Viking offense do to "deserve a win".

I also saw another comment about if AP doesn't fumble. Yeah well all that did was negate the bad punt play that cost us 3 points.

253hawk

Reaction score
Oh well. Chaos is a factor in every sport. You don't get to pick and choose if it's going to help you or not. Scoreboard is all that matters. This isn't college; there's no style points.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
If anyone was lucky, it was the Vikings for being in the position of being able to kick a game winning field goal. Though it may not have seemed like it, stat sheets don't lie. Seattle won in all areas.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":3hdnuaab said:
60 minutes of football get played. Whoever scores the most points wins. Often times that is the best team. A kick is part of what makes a team good or bad. They happened to miss. That's not luck. That's just a play that that team wasn't good enough to make.

I agree here in minni wascat the game just finished watching the local sports here and a lot of experts are saying that the vivking kicker has trouble inside the 30 yard line . so yes not lucky

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with admitting it was a lucky win. As a matter of fact, if any Seahawks fans try to deny that we were lucky, it would strike me the same way as Shittsburgh fans insisting SBXL* was fairly officiated.

Either shut up and quit denying reality, or just shut up.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
A field goal is a bona fide football play. Kicker just didn't execute.
Almost every player fails to execute well at least once during the game.
He just picked a bad time.

Hawks win!

panthers4life

Reaction score
I think how close Sherman came to blocking the previous attempt played a factor in that miss, he was trying to influence that kick to the left for a little insurance, it didn't work out.

Latest posts