OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2fgsbbrs said:
Chawker":2fgsbbrs said:
Hasselbeck":2fgsbbrs said:
Chawker":2fgsbbrs said:
Why? We signed the rookie of the year from the CFL Chris Matthews 6' 5" 218 #87 4.5 37 vert. doubt we'll be drafting any WR in the first few rounds.

Matthews won't even make the roster when its all said and done.

Much better talent available in the draft.

You maybe right..... time will tell. Still he was the rookie of the year in the CFL with the Winnapeg Blue Bombers. We'll see if he can play on a smaller field with better competition. Personally, I hope the kids got game. cheers

Just a question for hasselbeck: Have you watched this Matthews kid play?

I mean, how the heck do you know that he won't make the team, or that there is 'much better' talent in the draft? Based on your keen eye for WR evaluation and all of the tape (college and CFL) you have watched? C'mon man. No need hate like that. You can call it a cinderella case if you want, but plenty of UDFAs and the like make teams over some 'highly talented' drafted players, obviously.

Lets at least wait until some TC happens before we just blindly write players off that we don't know much about. He has a chance if he is a competitor.

Was way off on Benjamin... but not this

Stock headlights tail lights 06 magnum srt8 kermit

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":24q73r0n said:
I really liked Odell Beckham, John Brown and Jordan Mathews. Not big names at the time, with Jarvis Landry at LSU Odell was kind of an afterhtought, but watching him snatch the ball out of the air with his hands several times, it wasn't hard to see his potential.

I was praying Beckham would somehow drop into a range where we could have the ammo to go get him. Kid is unreal.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Height is the most overrated WR attribute. It's only one part of an athlete's catch radius and if you want a guy who will catch contested passes then strong hands and play-making ability are much more significant. There are some fantastic tall possession receivers but the reason why they are good is only partly height. Nothing is sillier than taking a draft class worth of receivers and then sorting them by height to pick out who you want to draft.

6' 2" Kevin Norwood - 33" vertical (32 1/8" arm length)
6' 6" Kris Durham - 35" vertical
5' 10" Doug Baldwin - 37" vertical

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":fz1jy79l said:
What would your rankings be after 13 weeks?

IMO, the top 4 is pretty evenly matched with Cooks very close to the group. These guys have flashed the most talent in a consistent/dominating way.

After #5, I see a drop and another group, again, pretty evenly matched. They've been more #2-type receivers, but have stepped into the NFL and produced right away.

After that, another drop and then the flashy receivers who just need more time and experience to stand out.

1. M. Evans
2. O. Beckham
3. S. Watkins
4. K. Benjamin
5. B. Cooks

6. A. Robinson
7. J. Matthews
8. J. Landry

9. M. Bryant
10. J. Brown
11. D. Adams
12. D. Moncrief
13. M. Lee
14. T. Gabriel
15. P. Richardson

I was and still am big on Cody Latimer, but you can't put him on the list. I think his time on the bench will pay dividends, though. He wasn't very NFL ready coming out of Indiana which didn't ask much of him route-wise. Even Paul Richardson probably doesn't deserve to be on the list, but he's done all that's asked of him and has his snap count increasing weekly.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2qfc0t15 said:
I really liked Odell Beckham, John Brown and Jordan Mathews. Not big names at the time, with Jarvis Landry at LSU Odell was kind of an afterhtought, but watching him snatch the ball out of the air with his hands several times, it wasn't hard to see his potential.

I spent a lot of time watching receivers last draft season, but to be honest I hadn't even heard of John Brown until he started making highlight plays for the Cardinals. I totally overlooked that one.

With Beckham I think the thought was he was never going to be at #32 (and was short), so why discuss him. He was a big name on a couple other draft sites I visit, though.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Good re-rankings.

Richardson almost got a TD last week. He has gone off on a Chip Kelly defense before I don't see why he couldn't have his game a the year at Philly. Flashes of D Jackson will haunt the philly fans.