If Marshawn retires or leaves, would a reinstated AP be...

OkieHawk

Reaction score
How about we stop trying to get old/injured expensive free agents. I mean, it's not like our track record is fantastic in that regard or anything...

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not trying to acquit Peterson. I think in a sane world (meaning any year, past or future, other than 2014), Peterson probably would have been looking at maybe a 6 game suspension for what he did, maybe less. The other 9 games he will miss will be because of the mistakes of Ray Rice and Roger Goodell. As far as I am concerned, Peterson has paid his debt to society and then some. People can have their own opinion, but IMO it is time to move on. That doesn't mean we have to approve of what he did, but the NFL has been about second chances in the past.

My assumption is that Peterson will be cut by Minnesota. He's owed something like $14 million for his age 30 season. I'm not sure if Minnesota ever had any intention to honor the 2015 portion of his contract from the start. And nobody is trading for that money. Would AP be willing to restructure in a trade knowing that he'd probably get more money and more control over his situation as a UFA once cut? I doubt it. I think AP will end up a free agent.

I think Seattle would only pursue AP if nobody wants him and he's just sitting out there (which IMO, is unlikely. There will be more than a few interested teams). But in this unlikely scenario, if you can get Peterson for $3 million on a one year deal, I don't think Seattle would pass on that in the event that Lynch is gone. I don't think Seattle would be concerned with AP being a perfect fit in the running game, his talent level is so high that he could probably excel anywhere immediately.

I hear this speculation of AP to Seattle a lot on the radio and in podcasts, but I don't see it happening without a lot of things breaking a certain way.

If a trade did happen, you'd no doubt here a lot of people bringing up the Percy trade again as if there is any relevance. It hasn't even happened yet and I'm already starting to feel annoyed by it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I have a pretty good feeling AD will wind up in Dallas .. Jerruh is running Murray into the ground and not too eager to extend him, and was basically lusting for Peterson in the offseason.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Beyond the cost, I think the age is the real issue.

Seattle needs to be concerned with the next RB. Whether it's a draft pick, or another RB entering their prime.

I'd rather we take run at Chris Ivory of the Jets. He's a Seahawk type of punishing rusher who will be 27 in 2015. Should have plenty of carries left. If we're looking at acquiring a vet, I would expect we'll go trade rather than UFA. Generally RBs don't fare well as UFAs.

Of course, I'd just as soon stick with Lynch. This is all just assuming that the decision to move on has been made. I can't help but harbor the unmistakable sense that Lynch is on the cusp of availability concerns due to injury.

Slick

Reaction score
kobebryant":3j5lef9w said:
Hopefully the Hawks have learned their lesson about paying guys from other teams with crappy character.

Especially dudes from the Vikings.

P.S. - loved Sidney Rice but he didn't pan out. I'll never forget his game winning TD vs. Chicago.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":4qkfkkff said:
If a trade did happen, you'd no doubt here a lot of people bringing up the Percy trade again as if there is any relevance. It hasn't even happened yet and I'm already starting to feel annoyed by it.

You can say a lot of things about AP, but his commitment to football and team isn't one of them. Dude's a warrior on the field.

But it's just not a good fit here for many reasons. Age, cost, bad PR, health. If Lynch doesn't come back Pete and John are going to want to find a young stud in the draft (or if they think Michael is the guy) so that position is taken care of for the next 4-5 years, not a one year back like AP.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
byau":1qntz2da said:
Hope the Seahawks aren't relying on Turbin or Michael to replace Marshawn. They seem good backup backs, but not on the level of Marshawn.

Herein lies the problem. The back that does replace Marshawn, whoever it is, will not be on the level of Marshawn. He is a once in a lifetime player and we need to just accept the fact that he is irreplaceable on many levels. I'm just enjoying watching him while he's here.

daveman918

Reaction score
I'd rather have Gore for the last few years of his career. I'm a Frank fan and he's more brutal to defenses than AP.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There is no other Marshawn. That is why the Hawks have to pay him whatever he wants until he can't play any further and then improve the Oline so that we can employ a human RB.

ML is the best in the business. Regardless of numbers what he brings is not something that can be reproduced.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
daveman918":36fpjtav said:
I'd rather have Gore for the last few years of his career. I'm a Frank fan and he's more brutal to defenses than AP.

Seriously? He needs to hang it up. He got a concussion from running into Bobby Wagner's arm last week. His arm. And he was the one doing the attacking.

Latest posts