If traded, Vegas has Russ going to Denver

AgentDib

Reaction score
Denver has a ton of draft capital this year and needs a QB so it makes sense if the Hawks were looking to do a full rebuild. That just doesn't seem likely.

If the FO wants to win in 2022 then they are looking at veterans as part of the package. Justin Simmons is a good player but trading our QB for yet another safety would be dodgy, and besides Simmons there aren't really any good trade candidates.

keasley45

Reaction score
I also saw a rumor that the Giants are interested in potentially acquiring Carr from LV. If that's the case, a 3 way trade with them and LV could land us Carr and put Russ in the Big Apple where he's already expressed interest in going.

Elemas

Reaction score
Sigh….

I can imagine the dismay when/if we had a QB like Carr and maybe 1-2 of the draft picks pan out (pan out perhaps meaning below average).

Entertaining though!

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":2j5mb51t said:
I also saw a rumor that the Giants are interested in potentially acquiring Carr from LV. If that's the case, a 3 way trade with them and LV could land us Carr and put Russ in the Big Apple where he's already expressed interest in going.

Sounded like a plan good for all parties, Mr. Unlimited finally in a city that will give him unlimited limelight, and Peteball got a game manager. Under this setup, what do Raiders receive in return for Carr?

Rat

Reaction score
First of all, yeah yeah, I know it's speculation, but it's the offseason so I'll take the risk of talking about something that very well might not come anywhere close to happening.

New Orleans and Pittsburgh both make so much sense for a move like that, although he'd have to waive his no-trade clause for it. Also, if Vegas brings on someone like Harbaugh, Russ probably fits what he wants to do more than David Carr, so that's worth a look as well. In a division with Mahomes and Herbert, I don't know that you want to keep going to battle with Carr, who might be the most average QB in the league. I don't know that I get Denver entirely, although they do have some pieces on offense. The Giants, though? Why? If we don't think we can contend with Russ and need to look to the future, they sure as hell shouldn't be trading a bevy of assets for him.

keasley45

Reaction score
I don't know that i'd consider Carr average. I think he's better than that. Elite? No way. Franchise ? I think he can fill that role in an offense designed the way ours is.

And the thing with Carr is that I think you can get him plus 2 firsts and maybe a 4th. One first this year, the 4th this year, and the other first, next year.
That gives us the flexibility to see if he can fit. We pay him for 2 years, draft a franchise rook with one of our firsts, and if Carr doesn't work, we turn right back around and flip him for a 3rd or 4th.

Assuming Carr lands in NYC...

massari

Reaction score
Seahawks fans begging for Derek Carr and Tyler Huntley over Russel Wilson......

CircularAncientEnglishpointer size restricted

Rat

Reaction score
keasley45":2joj0lz2 said:
I think Harbaugh just re-upped one of his coordinators. I think he's staying where he is.
As a Buckeye fan, who also likes Michigan State, I hope Harbaugh stays at his current job forever, but there has been a lot of smoke. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

keasley45

Reaction score
massari":2abgdb1x said:
Seahawks fans begging for Derek Carr and Tyler Huntley over Russel Wilson......

CircularAncientEnglishpointer size restricted

Where did anyone beg for any player over Russel. The thread is titled IF TRADED...

Start one titled IF RUSSELS STAYS... and maybe you won't get people talking about trade scenarios .

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
keasley45":1zsfz3kz said:
Idraft a franchise rook with one of our firsts

Easy enough. Its almost as if NFL teams havent been trying to land a franchise QB for years.

Come on man.

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":259oouu5 said:
keasley45":259oouu5 said:
Idraft a franchise rook with one of our firsts

Easy enough. Its almost as if NFL teams havent been trying to land a franchise QB for years.

Come on man.

You guys troll with the same comments, constantly. Intending to draft a franchise qb and succeeding are two different things. If we are using a #1 pick, I would assume the intent is to draft your franchise starter. Take off the hate colored glasses. No one is claiming it would work.
FFS. But you dont stick your head in the sand because it's hard.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
NO does seem like the best fit. But, it sounds like they are in absolute cap hell.
IF he goes, Vegas or NY could def. happen. Can't rule out Denver.
Still feels about 60/40, but at this point, I'm just tired of hearing about it. If it happens, hopefully it will be a for a nice haul. But, trading him away will set this team back imo. IF he wants to go, so be it.
Should be an interesting off season to say the least. Rodgers, Brady, Watson and even Russ. All up in the air really.

Elemas

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":p8tqog70 said:
NO does seem like the best fit. But, it sounds like they are in absolute cap hell.
IF he goes, Vegas or NY could def. happen. Can't rule out Denver.
Still feels about 60/40, but at this point, I'm just tired of hearing about it. If it happens, hopefully it will be a for a nice haul. But, trading him away will set this team back imo. IF he wants to go, so be it.
Should be an interesting off season to say the least. Rodgers, Brady, Watson and even Russ. All up in the air really.

Same here…but, if it had to happen…I’d rather see Russ in NO.

I don’t think Russ would waive his no trade clause for Denver at this point.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36glpmjr said:
Vegas really does let you bet on anything.
Vegas bets that if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses so much. :twisted: