Impact of Brandon Browner's injury?

Jville

Reaction score
So .... I'm hearing Browner may be unavailable for multiple weeks. That reduces the number of available cornerbacks from 4 to 3. The obvious question is how close are we to seeing DeShawn Shead signed to the active roster?

BamKam

Reaction score
Any injury is a serious blow but Thurmond has been playing pretty good ball this year so I am not overly concerned about, however the depth of the position is concerning absolutely. Hopefully Sherman, Thurmond, and Maxwell will all stay 100%.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
If the MRI comes back with a really bad result (i.e. a tear, etc.)...something of the potentially season-ending variety, then I wouldn't be completely shocked if we saw Antoine Winfield back in Renton.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
BamKam":2o4ypimf said:
Any injury is a serious blow but Thurmond has been playing pretty good ball this year so I am not overly concerned about, however the depth of the position is concerning absolutely. Hopefully Sherman, Thurmond, and Maxwell will all stay 100%.

Lane filled in well last year when Browner was suspended.

cacksman

Reaction score
Jville":8ln2n0d3 said:
So .... I'm hearing Browner may be unavailable for multiple weeks. That reduces the number of available cornerbacks from 4 to 3. The obvious question is how close are we to seeing DeShawn Shead signed to the active roster?

Is Jeremy Lane injured? That would make 4. I could definitely see Shead activated.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think we should minimize this potential loss. Any time a player of BB's caliber goes out, it's a loss. Thurmond has played well, but now you have to dig deeper into depth for your nickel and dime packages. Further, it means you can't really sustain anymore injuries in the DB group.

Hoping this isn't too serious.

Laloosh

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1u3qn8e6 said:
If the MRI comes back with a really bad result (i.e. a tear, etc.)...something of the potentially season-ending variety, then I wouldn't be completely shocked if we saw Antoine Winfield back in Renton.

Why do I feel like he's probably not that open to coming back here? Anybody know if he was pissed off about being "recruited" by SEA only to be cut?

Not sure I'd come back to help out after that (even if I were in game shape).

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Lane ..... how did I forget Lane? I guess I can't count today. Browner's absence would reduce the number of CBs from 5 to 4. Not 3.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm less concerned than i was when Browner was suspended last year. We didn't have an active Thurmond and Maxwell and Lane filled in fine.

I don't have the exact deadline for PUP activation (6 weeks + 21 days?), but is it too late to activate Tharold Simon if he is able to play?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This reminds me of an old M*A*S*H episode. Hawkeye went to a supply depot looking to get an autoclave. The guy in charge had 3. Hawkeye said, great I can use one. The supply guy then came back with, "but if I give you one then I only have 2". Gotta love depth!

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Here is the Pete Carroll quote concerning Brandon Browner ....
•Carroll said cornerback Brandon Browner, who left Sunday's game against the Falcons with a groin injury and did not return, suffered "a significant pop" and is expected to miss some time. "He's going to be down for a bit," Carroll said. "We don't know how extensive it is, but it could be quite a while."
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/710-ESPN-Seattle-Audio-Pete-Carroll-talks-Week-10-with-Brock-and-Danny/b1ed1abf-9262-45d2-97b6-c0848b3f1f1a[/urltargetblank]

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think Browner's injury could have consequences, but I don't see it having much of an effect on the quality of our DB play the way things stand now. What it does do, is lessen our depth, and our ability to absorb injuries, even the kind to only take a player out for a few plays, becomes weaker.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seeing how the Jets put there biggest CB on Graham against the Saints. I was kind of hoping the Hawks would use Browner in similar fashion as a way to take away one of Brees' biggest weapons in our upcoming MNF game. My gut tells me Browner is not available for that game, and this will be a consequence from it.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Basis4day":18961g7b said:
I'm less concerned than i was when Browner was suspended last year. We didn't have an active Thurmond and Maxwell and Lane filled in fine.

I don't have the exact deadline for PUP activation (6 weeks + 21 days?), but is it too late to activate Tharold Simon if he is able to play?

I expect to see Tharold Simon placed on IR rather than activated. He wasn't able to get his reps in when they put this team together. I would think that DeShawn Shead is as ready as he can be before actually getting on the field and seeing some game day reps. I would think Shead is the next man up .... he certainly has the size and length.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3abdx3ac said:
Seeing how the Jets put there biggest CB on Graham against the Saints. I was kind of hoping the Hawks would use Browner in similar fashion as a way to take away one of Brees' biggest weapons in our upcoming MNF game. My gut tells me Browner is not available for that game, and this will be a consequence from it.

They really don't do that. Sherman on one side. Browner on the other. The only time they really ever switched this up is the Niner game this year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":21jx95ds said:
BamKam":21jx95ds said:

Lane didn't have to face Drew Brees.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1qf8rl0y said:
dontbelikethat":1qf8rl0y said:
BamKam":1qf8rl0y said:

Lane didn't have to face Drew Brees.

No doubt, but just wanted to point out he was still active since he didn't get any mentions.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":329kv20m said:
Honest question: Would putting Maxwell on the outside and keeping Thurm in the slot be less of a downgrade than putting Thurm outside and Maxwell in the slot?

Doesn't seem crazy to my feeble football brain (because Earl can help up top on the right side), but I'd be interested to hear from the more astute football minds.