Impressions from ESPN's Seahawks Live Camp

formido

Reaction score
kearly":3n0mpml5 said:
Looked like the DBs gave up once the ball was in the air on those Richardson TDs. Smart, you don't want to risk injury in practice more than necessary. But I would take those big plays with a grain of salt. Richardson is not great on contested throws and they didn't really contest him on those plays. He's fast though, and that might be enough to make plays sometimes or at least force defenses to respect him.

The best play of the day I thought was a catch Harvin made on Earl Thomas. Kris Richard coached Earl up after the play but frankly I don't see how he could have defended it any better. Just a perfect throw and a circus catch from Harvin. It was a reminder of just how much pure talent Harvin has.

While it's true that early training camp isn't the best evidence, making big plays in training camp is certainly better than not making big plays, and there's no better way to demonstrate ability until the games start. He can only do what's in front of him. I don't think they got Richardson for his contested throws ability, they wanted separation. If his speed doesn't translate to live games, they didn't get what they wanted. No one knows--even Harvin wasn't taken until later in the first round--but I'm really hoping it does cos it would be huge for this offense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":15h3nxmu said:
The other commentators were not digging kenny mayne which made it even better because he is funny. and they are not.

That said they all seemed to enjoy themselves and it was great to watch.

One thing though, Kenny mentioned "Darren you were in that players meeting," followed by Darren Woodson saying "oh did you not get the memo Kenny?"

I wonder what they had to cut?

Mayne was joking that he wasn't invited to the early meetings with the players like Woodson and Chucky were.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1li15ob7 said:
TheRealDTM":1li15ob7 said:
The other commentators were not digging kenny mayne which made it even better because he is funny. and they are not.

That said they all seemed to enjoy themselves and it was great to watch.

One thing though, Kenny mentioned "Darren you were in that players meeting," followed by Darren Woodson saying "oh did you not get the memo Kenny?"

I wonder what they had to cut?

Mayne was joking that he wasn't invited to the early meetings with the players like Woodson and Chucky were.

Ahh that makes more sense. Thanks.