In all seriousness. Can we talk about Bevell?

Willyeye

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2de86ue0 said:
Spin Doctor":2de86ue0 said:
Siouxhawk":2de86ue0 said:
Short answer is that it's ridiculous to pin the entire blame on one person. It's missed execution, a woeful ground game, ill-timed penalties and a QB who has all the guts in the world, but becomes a lesser version of himself without that burst of speed we've come to expect. A bunch of you get all bent out of shape after a loss, but that's what separates you from Pete, who knows the game just a bit better.
Woeful ground game? Michael averaged 6.0 yards a carry that game, and took advantage of an aggressive Rams defense. What does he do when Micheal is in a rhythm, and has just busted off two big runs? He benches him, puts Collins in, and runs the same exact play two times for a loss. He pulls the hot hand in favor of a rookie back that has struggled mightly in preseason. Now tell me, what is the logic of this here? Not only that, we run right into the strength of the Rams defense.

Glad you made the point about Russell Wilson not being himself. Don't you think it would be pertinent to change your offense to suit your Quarterbacks condition? Bevell did not do this. The Seahawks were running routes that took a long time to develop against a team that was blitzing us to high hell. Bevell was also still running the read option, when it was clear that Wilson was not a threat on the ground. Jimmy Graham also spent quite a bit of time as an inline blocker, one of the best pass catching TE's in the league, and a not so good run or pass blocker. Where is the logic in this? Our best drive of the game came when we had him out as a pass catcher, yet we still used him like he was a glorified tackle.

The Seahawks didn't have many thing go their way, but that is a poor excuse for a piss poor game by Darrell Bevell. This game highlighted what many Seahawk fans have been saying for years. He is slow to adapt, and does not take advantage of what the other team is doing.

Lets also talk about Pete, whom obviously was not pleased with both the refs and his team. He was fuming on the sidelines, and yelling. The normally happy go lucky Pete looked more pissed off than he has ever been.
Pete was upset at the OIP's. We're 1-1 and tied for first place in our division. We've sputtered like this before, made tweaks here and there and went on a big roll. No reason to believe that won't happen again.

When was the last time Wilson's offense scored only 15 points in back-to-back games? Sputtering sounds like a generous description. This is not the same level of sputtering. I'm starting to panic. The Vikings playoff game. The first half of the Panthers game. The preseason. The Dolphins and Rams games. I won't blame it all on Bevell, but something is wrong here.

The D has been great, but what happened to the turnovers? When was the last time the D went 3 straight games without a turnover? In 2013 they only had 1 game without a turnover. In 2014, they never went two consecutive games without a turnover, and that was only a total of 4 all year. And those numbers include playoffs. With Russell being hobbled and all, they could use a little help...an occasional interception or fumble recovery would be nice.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bevell is the architect of this hot mess.

The team is not under performing b/c of the D, it's playing well even if it had to play more yesterday than was fair. The D has only given up 1 TD all season and none yesterday.

15 points in 8 quarters of mistake prone ugliness. Penalties, holds, procedure calls, phantom OPI calls, matador like OLine play that has resulted in 6 sacks and countless hurries, dropped passes, are all keeping the O from staying on schedule. Even the two key plays made by Wilson and Baldwin were non- called plays, so Bevell can't be credited with much success if any. Wilson appears confused at the LOS and seem to be struggling and Bevell isn't seemingly making it easier for him. The running game on works on the right side and rarely on the left. There are 4 TEs on the roster yet somehow they are underrepresented in the game plans.

Where should the buck stop on all this?

TwilightError

Reaction score
Each offseason I hope some sucker team hires Bevell as HC. After he made the worst call in history of football, I have given up hope. You can't have that guy as the face of tactics for a serious franchise.

edogg23

Reaction score
It's so obvious Bevell has nothing positive to add to the team. The only times we have moved the ball this year are during hurry up when he is not calling the plays, Russ is. Fire this idiot and get someone in here that can actually run a functional offense.

I don't care if Russell wasn't 100% we had all week to plan for that, are you telling me that Case Keenum and that pathetic group of WR the Rams is more talented than the what the Seahawks have? Of course not... then why the hell are they outscoring us? Because Bevell!!!!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth with Bevell. He is brilliant at times. His creativity is off the charts in play design and he schemes some games better than anyone does. His situational play calling is terrible at times and his failure to not recognize personnel matchups like the dreaded SB pick is as bad as his good stuff is brilliant. I don't think Bevell is as bad as his critics think but he's not as good as his supporters think he is.

Teams this good get their assistants picked off yearly.....look at our defensive coaches. Bevell doesn't even warrant an interview anymore even though he is a part of our system and Carroll's coaching tree and coaches one of the best young if not the best young QB in the league. It doesn't make sense and something the biggest Bevell supporters struggle to answer.

White Devil

Reaction score
Oh look a Fire Bevell thread, must mean the season has officially started. :snack:

All week I read stories about how to work around the injury to Wilson, while reading official stories from the team about how he's a full go and seems fine. He's probably at 65% of his normal mobility, I don't care what the team says.

The gameplan needed to have all of the read option plays tossed out. I think everyone would agree with that. This is a division opponent that isn't going to be fooled. They are going to be coached all week to take the RB if they are stupid enough to call that play.

I just don't get the play calling. There's no flow unless they're in a 4 minute offense. There was nothing done to help the situation.

Here's my suggestion and I'm sure it will be torched, but hey, I'm not paid for offensive genius.

Sit Russ until after the bye week.
Get that ankle healthy and not risk it getting banged and twisted for the next 3 weeks.

Don't rush Ifedi back too soon.
Now that your star is on the mend for 3 weeks, no need to rush him back make sure he's ready to go.

Now with Boykin you can run the hell out of the read option which is the cornerstone of this offense. Should dramatically help the run game. Put a tight leash on when he passes like they did Russ's first season. He needs to throw the ball away, or run if he's unsure.

That's what this offense is built for. If you have a statue for a QB with this offense, they will get killed. It's where they are, it's what they've built because of the magic that Wilson can bring. They can't magically make the line better. The ankle needs time to heal. This is the only solution in my eyes.

What's the worse that happens? We end up 1-3 coming out of the bye week?

It will happen even with Russ hobbling around on the field. Better to get ready for a post bye week run. That early bye this season may actually be a blessing in disguise. Why not take advantage of it?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
White Devil":2l8hgd6d said:
Sit Russ until after the bye week.
Get that ankle healthy and not risk it getting banged and twisted for the next 3 weeks.

Don't rush Ifedi back too soon.
Now that your star is on the mend for 3 weeks, no need to rush him back make sure he's ready to go.

Now with Boykin you can run the hell out of the read option which is the cornerstone of this offense. Should dramatically help the run game. Put a tight leash on when he passes like they did Russ's first season. He needs to throw the ball away, or run if he's unsure.

That's what this offense is built for. If you have a statue for a QB with this offense, they will get killed. It's where they are, it's what they've built because of the magic that Wilson can bring. They can't magically make the line better. The ankle needs time to heal. This is the only solution in my eyes.

What's the worse that happens? We end up 1-3 coming out of the bye week?

It will happen even with Russ hobbling around on the field. Better to get ready for a post bye week run. That early bye this season may actually be a blessing in disguise. Why not take advantage of it?

While I don't think the FO will do this, it isn't a terrible idea. Russ does need to get his ankle better and be mobile, or he'll suffer another injury that could be even more disastrous. We don't need our QB going on IR because of our OL and playing through a high ankle sprain.

Ozzy

Reaction score
How about having him suit up but just as an emergency type player? If you're playing well and have a lead then let him rest if you need someone because Boykin is beyond terrible then make the switch. I love Wilson's toughness but an injured starter might be worse than a healthy backup at this point.

mrt144

Reaction score
RussB":1gpfv4q0 said:
Jimmy garapollo threw 3 TD's against the dolphins with an equally as bad offensive line and would have had more if he didnt get injured. And its not because he is better than russell wilson, its because he doesnt have a clown as an offensive coordinator who cant utilize talent. He even played well against the cardinals the week before, we probably wouldnt have scored a point.

ITS BEVELL HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!!!!

I look at it this way - RW has shown more than base competence within Bevell's offense - There's no reason to believe RW to be talent deficient given how the stats validate his base competence. Could RW be better? Absolutely, but I don't see his counting stats going up with Bevell being his OC until Bevell actualizes the talent he has and is facing.

Latest posts