In which Carpenter's wife threatens Sherman with castration

Status
Not open for further replies.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
It's about race because the historical context.

Rather than write it here, I recommend that you do a search on your own and decide if there's some relevant contextual history of her tweet and the skin color of the person she targeted.

No claims that JJ Watt or Clay Matthews is an animal and suggests they get castrated when they get a late hit (legal or not).

cymatica

Reaction score
Ok i like sherman, but give me a break, it wasnt about racism. Sounded more like a sexist remark than anything else. Pathetic pulling the race card there

So sick of people looking for racism when its not there.

253hawk

Reaction score
cymatica":131jaezy said:
Ok i like sherman, but give me a break, it wasnt about racism. Sounded more like a sexist remark than anything else. Pathetic pulling the race card there

I'm curious if she would have posted the same thing if a white player (with a less 'thuggish' reputation) had done it? She is a hick from Montana...

Clark the shark

Reaction score
What a bigot, she does not sound like a nice person at all. That apology wasn't sincere.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":3v5xlcpe said:
cymatica":3v5xlcpe said:

I'm curious if she would have posted the same thing if a white player (with a less 'thuggish' reputation) had done it? She is a hick from Montana...
She gives folks from Montana a bad name then, almost everyone I met from Montana has been super cool. She is the outlier.

cymatica

Reaction score

If she was black and sherman was white would anyone say it was racist? No im not defending her, it was a stupid remark, but it sounds like she just thinks sherman laid a cheap shot, and he already has a reputation as the bad guy.

Yes, she may be stupid for jumping to conclusions and it was insulting, but not racist. Think about it, shes refering to his percieved aggression, its the national narrative.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":3kaop1da said:
Wow. If a male made a similar statement about a woman, he would be hounded by social media and vilified into oblivion.

This is so true. I wonder why society doesn't react as badly when a male is the subject.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
cymatica":54kxp089 said:

If she was black and sherman was white would anyone say it was racist? No im not defending her, it was a stupid remark, but it sounds like she just thinks sherman laid a cheap shot, and he already has a reputation as the bad guy.

Yes, she may be stupid for jumping to conclusions and it was insulting, but not racist. Think about it, shes refering to his percieved aggression, its the national narrative.

INCORRECT

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I personally suspect she wasn't being racist as she's probably too stupid to get the context.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
I'm tired of giving people a break for being ignorant. ignorance is a choice.

253hawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3vsnymlw said:
I personally suspect she wasn't being racist as she's probably too stupid to get the context.

This is probably the case. She was more than likely alluding to livestock, but in the south back when slaves were still a thing, it was common for them to be castrated.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think we've had our fill of Mrs. Carpenter's tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.