"Inside The NFL" just aired, Wilson "miked up" and OMG!

SeaMeat

Reaction score
"We have to make the score bigger than this. You know? This ain't good enough"

-Russell Wilson (1:58 mark of the video)

TJH

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2r9x5vde said:
My impression of Collinsworth goes back a few years. Someone would mention Seattle, and he used to go "pffft, Seattle, whatever". He's come around lately, I'll give him that...

Well, we sucked a few years ago. What do you expect?

Ruminator

Reaction score
olyfan63":uf01bne7 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":uf01bne7 said:
The Offensive Line seems a little annoyed (from what I can take from body language and facial expression) towards Wilson at times, especially considering if anyone should be angry, it should be Wilson.

I saw "embarrassed" from the O-Line, not so much "annoyed". I saw a prime example of what you meant, just interpret it differently. Right after the sack-fumble by Wilson, on the sidelines, the O-Line guys did look a bit uncomfortable.

Likely they were annoyed with themselves, not at Wilson. That would be in line with Seahawk philosophy, always striving to be better and make fewer errors.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":28fh8q80 said:
My impression of Collinsworth goes back a few years. Someone would mention Seattle, and he used to go "pffft, Seattle, whatever". He's come around lately, I'll give him that...

That's probably because the Seahawks were rubbish until recently.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hawknballs":11dn93yb said:
I just watched the man to man thing on nfl network.

I'm not sure if wilson will ever be on the level of the brees, bradys, and mannings of the world but he's pretty damn good and what doesn't show up in his passing stats is the effect a leader and example like that can have on the rest of the team and make them all better in a way that reaching that top tier of passers doesn't.

I sincerely think that by the time he's done he'll be the most famous and recognized athlete in Seattle sports history.

I watched that as well. Something I found interesting is you can see his team mates (or really anybody who talks to him) buy into what he says. It doesn't sound cheesy or contrived coming out of his mouth. Then Luck's interview came on. After the first set of game clips I looked at my wife and asked her if it was just me or does what luck is saying in game situations almost seem comical. She agreed and then a little later it showed him on the sidelines of a game trying to talk and some of the other players appear to be actually rolling their eyes at him. Night and day difference in presence between Wilson and Luck.

I will also say I was impressed with Vick's interviews. He is somebody who I believe has truly reformed himself and is a different person than the one who went to prison.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2be2i8pk said:
The Offensive Line seems a little annoyed (from what I can take from body language and facial expression) towards Wilson at times, especially considering if anyone should be angry, it should be Wilson.

Offensive lineman should be annoyed and they should be angry and pissed-off too, from the first snap to the last and no matter what the score board says.

Tical21

Reaction score
Did they play the conversation between Marshawn and Wilson at the end of the 3rd quarter when Wilson wouldn't take off his helmet?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I love the replays they show. Really cool angles you don't see a lot of.

Here is the one of the Wilson fake handoff then fake pass.

ibnZ70vx5UI0I0.gif

benpen

Reaction score
"Championship mindset, 1-0 every week." I love this guy.

Uffda

Reaction score
"Need to make the score bigger" - was 17-0 at the time.

Liked hearing that.

A

Anonymous

Tical21":35zktptl said:
Did they play the conversation between Marshawn and Wilson at the end of the 3rd quarter when Wilson wouldn't take off his helmet?

Nope. Showed a bunch of good stuff though.

Like Thunder says, both Collinsworth and Simms are just falling all over themselves about Russell. It's almost spooky in a man love sorta way.

warden

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1x0cako8 said:
They showed the NFL Films segment of the game, which was awesome with Russ miked-up, then the round table discussion of Russell Wilson ensued, and took up at least 5 mins of the show. The accolades never let up. Without video to back me up, I can just say it was a Russell Wilson love-fest. Chris Collinsworth, a known Seahawks hater, couldn't say enough nice things about him. He said he was waiting to talk to him, expecting typical cliché's that are normally spouted, but Russell was different... his intelligence stood out to him, and was not your typical NFL QB. Teams say they passed on him for this or that reason, but Seattle took him, and credited Schneider and Carroll. If somebody could post that segment of Inside the NFL, you guys would be blown away at the respect we're getting. They didn't even hardly mention the D, just gushing over Wilson. It. Was. AWESOME! Catch it if you can! God it's a great time to be a Seahawks Fan! Us long-timers are finally getting our reward for all those lean years that we suffered through! Ahhhh.... Good times! GO HAWKS!!!

I saw that. Part that made me chuckle was Collinsworth saying that JS waiting outside the interview because he likes to look at the face of a person who just finished their first interview with Wilson.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I recall it was Bevell that made mention of that.

I found it interesting how early/long Schneider was on Wilson. That wait from the second to the third round must have been excruciating for him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
For those that have not seen it (pretty cool actually):

[youtube]XfXJ4AEY6v8[/youtube]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wow, they literally sit there and man-crush on him for six minutes straight; especially Collinsworth. Awesome. I especially like the part where he says if Wilson was 6'3", he'd have been the first pick in any draft.

Latest posts