Interesting fact pointed out by Brock..

Vetamur

Reaction score
Listening to Brock and Salk.. Brock said he will have a rare Defensive Chalk Talk up later today.

To illustrate the difference in the defense then and now he mentioned that on the Olsen TD that won the game for Carolina in week 6 the 2 interior linemen rushing were... Marsh and Tukuafu, with Avril and Bennett on the outside. This week that would be Avril, Clark, Bennett and Irvin.

Just a tiny snap shot but really illustrates how different our D is.

Starting to get over my nervousness and just letting anticipation roll in.

Laloosh

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ihm2z4w said:
No need to be nervous at all, Ross. We're going to do them like your ancestors would have done a group of honest white fur-traders.

W E C A N ' T L O S E B O Y S

I almost feel bad for all the mean things that I say about peaches behind his back. He's inspiring me to be a better man with these posts!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Why the bloody hell were Marsh and a fullback our interior pass rushers?

Further strengthens my theory that Pete really does treat the first half of the season as the preseason.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":8686ciqa said:
We were missing Lane and Wagner as well, right?

Yes...it was part of the Dark Times, the Cary Wiliams Era..

gowazzu02

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":31x0bkv4 said:

Further strengthens my theory that Pete really does treat the first half of the season as the preseason.

There is something to be said for resting your horses and having a nice rotation. But this was a crunch time money play.....But theres also something to be said for Pete playing younger guys earlier in the year and building depth and confidence for stretch runs.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1lbkmy49 said:

I love the fact that our FB is also a DT/DE.. but , yes, not really the part of the game I want him moonlighting on.

At that point of the season I dont think they had started using Clark inside, Hill wasnt healthy..there wasnt tons of depth.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3cp61d6f said:
Aw come on, nothing for that fur traders comment?

Why do you never take the bait, Ross? D:

T A K E T H E B A I T B O Y S

You caught me about 25 years too late. When I was a FOTR (fresh off the Rez) undergrad I took ANY bait...

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
I always notice you.. A Clockwork Orange freaked me out when I saw it and your avatar grabs my eye every time. lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Marsh and especially Tukuafu were in the game in the 4th quarter as defensive lineman.............then that means our D-line was dinged up or gassed by the 4th quarter, Which makes sense because Carolina was putting together some long drives in the 2nd half of that game.

Still no excuse for me to leave the ONLY receiver worth a damn in Olson wide F'ing open on that play. Everyone in the stadium knew where Cam was going, so the entire LOB should have been cheating towards Olson that last drive, and play.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1c8ia0uw said:
If Marsh and especially Tukuafu were in the game in the 4th quarter as defensive lineman.............then that means our D-line was dinged up or gassed by the 4th quarter, Which makes sense because Carolina was putting together some long drives in the 2nd half of that game.

Still no excuse for me to leave the ONLY receiver worth a damn in Olson wide F'ing open on that play. Everyone in the stadium knew where Cam was going, so the entire LOB should have been cheating towards Olson that last drive, and play.

You bring up a good point as to why we were so thin (gassed?) by the end of that game to have those two guys in the lineup. Carolina was playing a completely different team in that 4th quarter than they were in the first 3.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
ctrcat":197fkk4h said:
Kalil and Turner are also Pro Bowlers for a reason. Here is Turner vs JJ Watt https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cVeNiMN8ahw

Has Brock done the same on the other side? Kyle Love and Ryan Delaire were on the field when the Hawks were forced to punt.
No. I don't believe so. Would be cool though. Both teams look different than their last meeting. Truly have no idea what to expect out of this game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":9d17625g said:

If memory serves, Clark was out of that game with an injury.. as was Jordan Hill. We were pretty limited on defense that day as a whole. Changes from Week 6 to now

- Cary Williams started at CB
- Jeremy Lane was on the PUP list
- KJ Wright started at MLB
- Kevin Pierre-Louis started at OLB
- Marcus Burley was out
- Jordan Hill was out
- Bobby Wagner was out
- Frank Clark was out

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ut3aoj3 said:
MontanaHawk05":1ut3aoj3 said:

If memory serves, Clark was out of that game with an injury.. as was Jordan Hill. We were pretty limited on defense that day as a whole. Changes from Week 6 to now

- Cary Williams started at CB
- Jeremy Lane was on the PUP list
- KJ Wright started at MLB
- Kevin Pierre-Louis started at OLB
- Marcus Burley was out
- Jordan Hill was out
- Bobby Wagner was out
- Frank Clark was out

I could be wrong but I think Mebane was hurt for some plays in the 4th quarter as well