Interesting tidbit from Hawkblogger

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I believe that we can all agree that the holding penalties against other teams is sorely lacking. If we can't agree then maybe we aren't watching the same games.

StoneCold

Reaction score
We could even the playing field and undercut Godells evil plan by committing fewer penalties. That would teach them not to mess with the Hawks!

SC

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":322udqgg said:
Sgt. Largent":322udqgg said:
I'd buy into this theory if I hadn't actually watched all the games.

Sorry, but can't blame the refs for false starts, holding, delay of games, offsides and stupid personal foul penalties.

But youre missing the point. Its not about OUR penalties. Its about the LACK of penalties the other teams are getting. When they play us, they get noticeably fewer penalties then all their other games.

And we've all seen a bunch of non-calls.

Its not always about directly impacting the seahawks to make a difference. You can help the other team by simply not calling infractions. Which there is no way to argue them because they were never called. Way easier to do that.

If I had to guess, it's because when you're playing the SB champs, you're focus, desire, attention to detail and execution is going to be that much sharper than if you're playing the Jags. Thus less concentration penalties.

Look at our losses this year, the Chargers, Cowboys and Rams all overachieved like mofo's. Why? Because they were all out to prove to the world that they could beat the loud mouth SB champion Seattle Seahawks.

Sorry people, I just can't buy into conspiracy theories, especially this one. It's silly to think the league gives a rat's ass about how well the Hawks do and purposefully don't call penalties on the other team.

Cartire

Reaction score
StoneCold":9gto6bre said:
We could even the playing field and undercut Godells evil plan by committing fewer penalties. That would teach them not to mess with the Hawks!

SC

Goodell has nothing to do with this. Everytime someone blames Goodell, they have made his masters happy.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Cartire":7qln75aj said:
StoneCold":7qln75aj said:

SC

Goodell has nothing to do with this. Everytime someone blames Goodell, they have made his masters happy.

Who is this Goodell you mention?

SC

TCHawkfan

Reaction score
ivotuk":ynw0sxlc said:
I thought the Tripping Bill Leavy called on Sherman for tackling Dez Bryant instead of letting him score a touchdown was legit...

Isn't that sorta what the defense is supposed to do? Make the runner fall down? :shock:

Seafan

Reaction score
ivotuk":368xenos said:
I thought the Tripping Bill Leavy called on Sherman for tackling Dez Bryant instead of letting him score a touchdown was legit...

If he used his leg then it was tripping but if he used his arms/hands than it should have been a legal tackle. Not sure what the rule book says and I deleted the game so I'm not certain if Sherm used something other than his upper body to stop Bryant.

Rainger

Reaction score
JonRud":1qnwq48z said:
the one thing Holmgren had over Pete is the teams were disciplined and had among the lowest penalties in the NFL. I understand all this 'aggressive penalties' and whatnot, but Pete has never been able to get this under control. I think you just have to live with it as a byproduct of his coaching style.

It is not about having the most penalties. I will take that every year if the team plays hard. Baltimore had the most when they won the SB. I remember when the Raiders were good and winning they always had the most penalties. The issue is:

THE REFS ARE NOT CALLING ANY PENALTIES ON OUR OPPONENTS.

Mick063

Reaction score
During the Ram's final scoring drive to take the lead, Bruce Irvin was getting repeatedly, blatantly held by their left tackle. The Seahawk possession before that? Carpenter gets flagged for holding with both hands tucked in tight above the numbers of his jersey. A technique commonly taught to avoid holding calls. The broadcast announcers were correct in declaring "I didn't see it".

Regardless if the numbers "even out" or not, it is the calls at critical times that are killers.

Having said that, the Seahawk lineman, on both sides of the ball, are incredibly undisciplined. Terribly bad with pre snap penalties. Lining up off sides, getting fooled with snap counts, not aware of substitutions which lead to 12 men in the huddle, or illegal motion on offense.

It has been a big problem for quite awhile now and they look no closer to getting it resolved.

morgulon1

Reaction score
pehawk":uh6qrypl said:
This is the second time I've seen a Hawgblogger article on a topic, a bit after someone else had either tweeted or posted an identical topic here. I'm not usually a hater on bloggers/media, but Hawkblogger seems legit snarky, was a Flynnite, and the type who LOVES the Rams every preseason.

I hate Fynnites with their beady little eyes and flapping jaws.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I think it all starts ftom being one of the most penalized teams in the league. Naturally, they will look at us closer because of that. The sloppy pre-snap penalties are easy to catch, and just primes the pump for the refs to dig deeper.

A

Anonymous

Cartire":3j7iwylx said:
if only we had a sarcasm emoji. That would solve everything...

:sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

Thses smilies do not work anymore?

Cartire

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3iukey7r said:
Cartire":3iukey7r said:
if only we had a sarcasm emoji. That would solve everything...

:sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

Thses smilies do not work anymore?

I was commenting on the 4 post above me...

I was being ironic....

I have a limited number of .

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I would say cut down on the false starts on offense (I'm looking at your coaching Tom Cable and every player on the O-Line having happy feet), and off sides on the D-line (Bruce Irvin and Michael Bennett just to name two) and all of the sudden the team would be no worse than the middle of the pack on penalty calls. Most of the Seahawks penalties seem to be mental and until they grow up and out those mistakes they will hang in the top 5-10 in penalties, it's one of those bad traits young teams have.

As far as the refs go, I'm done with blaming them. I see them make bad calls and missed calls every game, but the higher ups in the NFL just DON'T CARE, they stand by most every call (good or bad). The NFL wants a referee and offensive driven league and they have it now. Defenses will need to clean up mental mistakes if they want to keep refs out of the game, but as we all know, refs will factor into every game no matter how much fans don't want them too, I just don't see that changing anytime soon.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Whoever is saying the Hawks should never have been in that position, just stop. Just stop it, please. It's irrelevant.

Refs have to be held accountable. Games just don't get played the way they should. And when the game is on the line, they need to make the correct calls, which, unfortunately in this age, will never happen as much as we want it too. You can blatantly see that other teams are getting away with calls that weren't made and the Hawks aren't.

I'm just saying that games don't get played the way they should, And the refs are to blame if they miss a call that could have swung in the Seahawks' favor.

Let's go back to the Rams game. They reviewed Helfet's TD for 5 minutes. Why the hell didn't they review that fumble? There wasn't even a discussion. I'm not pissed we didn't get the turnover, I'm pissed because they didn't at least review it. I would have been happy with an explanation. Yes, I would still have been pissed if the refs reviewed and the Rams still had control, but I would feel a lot better if they had at the very damn least reviewed the play. All controversial calls in the 4th Q have to be reviewed, and the refs are to blame for that. And the league didn't give us a response for that either.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qqpbdl2 said:
I'd buy into this theory if I hadn't actually watched all the games.

Sorry, but can't blame the refs for false starts, holding, delay of games, offsides and stupid personal foul penalties.

I've seen a lot more non calls of the Seahawks opponents than I can remember from years past and a lot more totally bogus calls against the Seahawks. It's getting close to being obvious ignorance.