Is Joe Thomas worth our 26?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2kg2h04u said:
Last year the scuttle was a 2nd rounder. Just a single 2nd rounder. Idk where people are getting these huge asks..

Cleveland's dumb, but they weren't on Thomas's contract. It was front loaded, so no way in hell they part with one of the top 2-3 LT's in the entire league for a 2nd rounder who's only taking up 10-11M of cap space for the next two years.

If that were true, every single team in the league except Dallas would be pulling hamstrings running at this deal.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1prbs1ns said:
flmmkrz":1prbs1ns said:
Last year the scuttle was a 2nd rounder. Just a single 2nd rounder. Idk where people are getting these huge asks..

Cleveland's dumb, but they weren't on Thomas's contract. It was front loaded, so no way in hell they part with one of the top 2-3 LT's in the entire league for a 2nd rounder who's only taking up 10-11M of cap space for the next two years.

If that were true, every single team in the league except Dallas would be pulling hamstrings running at this deal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...t-the-browns-want-for-star-tackle-joe-thomas/

Florio reports the Browns are seeking a second-round pick in exchange for the All-Pro left tackle.

up until this year he was amongst the highest paid OT's in the league, some have overtaken his cap hit now but he was never a cheap cap hit and to add in a 2nd is a lot for any team to take on. It's not as cheap as you seem to think it is. Most teams that can afford the cap hit aren't in the position to be much further along than Cleveland was or didn't need him. It's a small market, teams that are contenders and have space and the pick to give up. Denver thought the asking price was too high and passed on him so don't be so sure everybody would take him.

Josea16

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3mn845ad said:
Sgt. Largent":3mn845ad said:
flmmkrz":3mn845ad said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...t-the-browns-want-for-star-tackle-joe-thomas/

Florio reports the Browns are seeking a second-round pick in exchange for the All-Pro left tackle.

up until this year he was amongst the highest paid OT's in the league, some have overtaken his cap hit now but he was never a cheap cap hit and to add in a 2nd is a lot for any team to take on. It's not as cheap as you seem to think it is. Most teams that can afford the cap hit aren't in the position to be much further along than Cleveland was or didn't need him. It's a small market, teams that are contenders and have space and the pick to give up. Denver thought the asking price was too high and passed on him so don't be so sure everybody would take him.
Wonder why we aren't going for Cleveland's asking price? Think about it, I figure you are intelligent. It's exactly like the Richard Sherman trade bullshit. It's just fishing for a stupid team, owner and GM. Maybe Washington might be that stupid?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Josea16":qxrejiwb said:
flmmkrz":qxrejiwb said:
Sgt. Largent":qxrejiwb said:
flmmkrz":qxrejiwb said:

Wonder why we aren't going for Cleveland's asking price? Think about it, I figure you are intelligent.

It's a new management team who has said he isn't available anymore, simple as that, can't get what isn't available. When he was offered for a 2nd, it was at the deadline, we were in cap hell and not going to fit his salary in.

Josea16

Reaction score
Nope, but show me what other team that is interested in the same and stupid enough and then we might be cooking with oil. I never thought we'd ever go for him. And now? It'd be beyond insane and stupid kind of like how Dallas and New Orleans rolls.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Josea16":cjgr1k1d said:
Nope, but show me what other team that is interested in the same and stupid enough and then we might be cooking with oil.

honestly not sure what point you're trying to make, it sounded like before you edited your previous post (wonder why ...post?) that you were saying that he isn't available for a 2nd and now it sounds like you're trying to say that it's overpayment?

Josea16

Reaction score
flmmkrz":rwr45rh4 said:
Josea16":rwr45rh4 said:
Nope, but show me what other team that is interested in the same and stupid enough and then we might be cooking with oil.

honestly not sure what point you're trying to make, it sounded like before you edited your previous post (wonder why ...post?) that you were saying that he isn't available for a 2nd and now it sounds like you're trying to say that it's overpayment?
Read the post above yours. He was NEVER worth it. Cleveland is getting stronger now quietly. They weren't ever going to trade Thomas unless it was better then the Ditkta insanity or the RG3 stupidity. Hey, here's an idea let's trade for RG3 or better yet.. let's trade OUR entire draft for any player. Let alone Ricky Williams in a passing league? Seriously?

Seems a lot like the current Richard Sherman trade rumors to me.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Josea16":su221gy0 said:
flmmkrz":su221gy0 said:
Josea16":su221gy0 said:

Read the post above yours. He was NEVER worth it. Cleveland is getting stronger now quietly. They weren't ever going to trade Thomas unless it was better then the Ditkta insanity or the RG3 stupidity.1

lmao someone likes their conspiracy theories....

in reality Denver shot down an offer at the deadline because they thought a 2nd was too high a price. That doesn't play into your whole cleveland is a mastermind organization playing the long game hoping to goad some team into overpayment. They were just that inept. Now they got a team in place that has made the decision to keep him so it may take a big price to pry him away but that was not always the case and come deadline, if they're sputtering again don't think they may not want to put that asset back into play and for a year and a playoff, don't think there's much coming

flmmkrz

Reaction score
and re: the sherman rumors....entirely different. The teams never had any intention of moving Sherm just said we're listening, which they'd do for just about anybody on the roster...cleveland was actively shopping him and putting out an asking price for years. That only changed with a change in managerial direction this year.

Josea16

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3ttamfq5 said:
Josea16":3ttamfq5 said:
flmmkrz":3ttamfq5 said:
Josea16":3ttamfq5 said:

Read the post above yours. He was NEVER worth it. Cleveland is getting stronger now quietly. They weren't ever going to trade Thomas unless it was better then the Ditkta insanity or the RG3 stupidity.1

in reality Denver shot down an offer at the deadline because they thought a 2nd was too high a price. That doesn't play into your whole cleveland is a mastermind organization playing the long game hoping to goad some team into overpayment. They were just that inept. Now they got a team in place that has made the decision to keep him so it may take a big price to pry him away but that was not always the case.
Ok, nice angle but crap. They started with insanity and went to sanity at the in season trade deadline. Wow, so what? Given this isn't 2016? They are going to be a factor in the AFCN this year. They can't help it with that insane amount of money they have. Just keep their own, get a decent OL, draft a good RB and an actual quarterback to groom and they won't be an easy out. And will probably win 8-10 games. It's the AFC they are so top heavy. Luckily that is about to change given too many elite players are going to other AFC teams beyond the usual suspects for once.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Josea16":2desufsz said:
Read the post above yours. He was NEVER worth it. Cleveland is getting stronger now quietly. They weren't ever going to trade Thomas unless it was better then the Ditkta insanity or the RG3 stupidity.1[/quote]

in reality Denver shot down an offer at the deadline because they thought a 2nd was too high a price. That doesn't play into your whole cleveland is a mastermind organization playing the long game hoping to goad some team into overpayment. They were just that inept. Now they got a team in place that has made the decision to keep him so it may take a big price to pry him away but that was not always the case.[/quote]
Ok, nice angle but crap. They started with insanity and went to sanity at the in season trade deadline. Wow, so what? Given this isn't 2016?[/quote]

I'm trying my best not to be rude but your thought processes are incomplete and horrible to follow...

you said they were never going to move him, they clearly were hoping to, it didn't happen. New team management comes in and he's off the table. We were talking about 2016 because never included 2016...and I said what the current management has stated but also said that given their current situation with the roster and where Joe is in his career, don't be surprised if that asset becomes in play again at some point barring unexpected team success. I have no clue what you were getting at with the angle talk and insanity sanity stuff

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Josea16":2neyi8ey said:
They are going to be a factor in the AFCN this year. They can't help it with that insane amount of money they have. Just keep their own, get a decent OL, draft a good RB and an actual quarterback to groom and they won't be an easy out. And will probably win 8-10 games. It's the AFC they are so top heavy. Luckily that is about to change given too many elite players are going to other AFC teams beyond the usual suspects for once.

you keep editing so to answer the new edition....

Cleveland isn't going to be a factor. They are at the beginning of their development arc, assuming they draft well. They are at least a couple years from being relevant. By the time they are anything Joe will be up for a new contract and unless he's relayed that he wants to stay no matter what, they need to do what is in their best interest so I'm just saying the possibility exists.

Josea16

Reaction score
Okay, I can't help or explain why you are wrong. It's fine. I'm moving on because I know any Thomas trade is utterly bullishit, don't be angry that I thought this since 2015. I figure it's 2017, and like the Cleveland Browns I don't care about 2016 or previous. Things go around and come around. That Is fact so just roll with it.:)

Josea16

Reaction score
flmmkrz":dz2f8kzl said:
Josea16":dz2f8kzl said:
They are going to be a factor in the AFCN this year. They can't help it with that insane amount of money they have. Just keep their own, get a decent OL, draft a good RB and an actual quarterback to groom and they won't be an easy out. And will probably win 8-10 games. It's the AFC they are so top heavy. Luckily that is about to change given too many elite players are going to other AFC teams beyond the usual suspects for once.

you keep editing so to answer the new edition....

Cleveland isn't going to be a factor. They are at the beginning of their development arc, assuming they draft well. They are at least a couple years from being relevant. By the time they are anything Joe will be up for a new contract and unless he's relayed that he wants to stay no matter what, they need to do what is in their best interest so I'm just saying the possibility exists.
I live iin Chiefs Kingdom pure red AFC. Trust me the order of things are changing and fast. All due to B and B. Nobody is happy about either of them and have decided beat New England is like beat Seattle finally.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Josea16":eicws08y said:
Okay, I can't help or explain why you are wrong. It's fine. I'm moving on because I know any Thomas trade is utterly bullishit, don't be angry that I thought this since 2015. I figure it's 2017, and like the Cleveland Browns I don't care about 2016 or previous. Things go around and come around. That Is fact so just roll with it.:)

I'm not angry that you can't explain or that you've been wrong since 2015 :)

but i'd love to bet ya that the browns don't win 8 to 10 games this year lol

Josea16

Reaction score
flmmkrz":p6ez16xv said:
Josea16":p6ez16xv said:

I'm not angry that you can't explain or that you've been wrong since 2015 :)

but i'd love to bet ya that the browns don't win 8 to 10 games this year lol
I will bet ONE dollar. (Trading Places). Seriously though I will. I hate gambling but I will bet on what I'm comfortable to lose. And it's Cleveland for god sakes!:)

Josea16

Reaction score
hawxfreak":w7zmfgm5 said:
Pipe dream maybe but with the xtra money next year from cutting Kearse I could see how we could make it work and get two more years to draft a young left tackle and get him ready for when Joe retires
They might even take Jimmy and a !st which would let us go draft heavy on D again
I'd do it , of course there's a lot of things I'd do that may not be good for me later :kool-aid:
WTF was this? I so love .Net. It points out where to talk about football and the Seahawks. Thank You. Or make you fake GM's go Missouri mode and put up or shut up already.