Is Kyle Allen the end of the Cam Newton era in Carolina?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cams injured again and his contract runs out after next year. Can't think the Panthers reinvest in him.

Maybe Allen isn't the long term answer, but he may be a good enough placeholder until the Panthers find one.

What's cams future the? Retire? Overpaid Qb at Denver? Edit: take over for Winston who is terrible?

Seahawk

Reaction score
I always thought Cam was a good QB but just didn't have the supporting cast he needed. Maybe he is his own worst enemy with his attitude but it's possible that he is past his usefulness at this point unless he can move to a team with a good supporting cast. I think you're right that he's likely done in Carolina.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawk":2g3ha7qb said:
I always thought Cam was a good QB but just didn't have the supporting cast he needed. Maybe he is his own worst enemy with his attitude but it's possible that he is past his usefulness at this point unless he can move to a team with a good supporting cast. I think you're right that he's likely done in Carolina.

He's been horribly mishandled in Carolina in my opinion. I mean he's not a guy you root for, but Carolina used him like a pick up truck instead of a race car. Hard to watch at times. And yo his credit, he's just gone with it.

What team has a ,good supporting cast but will need a QB? Steelers maybe?

Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3p3wczin said:
... What team has a ,good supporting cast but will need a QB? Steelers maybe?
Steelers are down to their practice squad QB, so might be a good landing spot for Cam, but it seems there aren't many other clubs that are in as bad a shape at that position.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawk":7v62b4ct said:
Uncle Si":7v62b4ct said:
... What team has a ,good supporting cast but will need a QB? Steelers maybe?
Steelers are down to their practice squad QB, so might be a good landing spot for Cam, but it seems there aren't many other clubs that are in as bad a shape at that position.

Thinking next year...

Ben has to be done there.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
He could go to Minnesota along with Ryan Fitzpatrick and form the ultimate megazord of mediocre QBs.

knownone

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1gzjbvn8 said:
Seahawk":1gzjbvn8 said:

He's been horribly mishandled in Carolina in my opinion. I mean he's not a guy you root for, but Carolina used him like a pick up truck instead of a race car. Hard to watch at times. And yo his credit, he's just gone with it.

I disagree. Cam struggled with accuracy for the majority of his career. If you removed his ability to run the ball and break tackles, he's a below average QB. That's why they used him like a truck.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm thinking Miami for a year to let Tua get some bench time or maybe the Redskins just because...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
knownone":1bqjrw9l said:
Uncle Si":1bqjrw9l said:
Seahawk":1bqjrw9l said:

I disagree. Cam struggled with accuracy for the majority of his career. If you removed his ability to run the ball and break tackles, he's a below average QB. That's why they used him like a truck.
Totally agree..He also needs to be this center of attention and runs off script
also so getting hurt was going to happen..I think he's washed up.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
knownone":dkkjcr2x said:
Uncle Si":dkkjcr2x said:
Seahawk":dkkjcr2x said:

This

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
knownone":esye2tic said:
Uncle Si":esye2tic said:
Seahawk":esye2tic said:

I'm not saying he was a hall of famer. Just that Carolina did little to build an offense around him.

xray

Reaction score
Newton has regressed every year since the SB loss .