Is Steve Raible *the* voice of the NFL?

crucifyd

Reaction score
Now, with the all-new SportSync SR-303 AM/FM Delay Radio, you can turn down the sound on your TV and watch the game while listening to your favorite radio announcers.

Radio play-by-play announcers provide the most descriptive, interesting and fun calls of pro or college sports events. But radio signals almost always run several seconds ahead of TV broadcasts which must pass through cable, satellite or HDTV systems. Before, if you tried to listen on the radio and watch on TV, you heard each play called on the radio well in advance of the same action you saw on TV….it took all the fun out of the game. Now, with the SportSync SR-303, you can delay the radio audio up to 16 seconds to exactly match what you're watching on TV.

http://www.sportsyncradio.com

Seafan

Reaction score
baumer64":2o94gv76 said:
Yes, love listening to Raible and never understood why it took them so long to move him to play by play from color. As good as Steve is though, Pete Gross was a true master at painting the picture in your mind by listening. Raible did a great job of color in those days too. As for Colabro, he was a master with the Sonics as was his predecessor, Bob Blackburn. Now how many here remember listening to him?

I did. Bob was the voice during Seattle's first world championship.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
baumer64":ypywazdt said:
Yes, love listening to Raible and never understood why it took them so long to move him to play by play from color. As good as Steve is though, Pete Gross was a true master at painting the picture in your mind by listening. Raible did a great job of color in those days too. As for Colabro, he was a master with the Sonics as was his predecessor, Bob Blackburn. Now how many here remember listening to him?

I was going to bring up Colabro...both he and Raible are outstanding play-by-play announcers. "Flyin' chickens in a barnyard!!" "Two-handed tomahawk jam for the Rain Man!!"

Jayburd14

Reaction score
Largent80":2xpxjtd8 said:
You know the sad thing?....I always want to kill the volume on my TV and tune into KIRO for the game broadcast but the nfl makes it so people outside of Seattle can't stream it.

So, we have to spend 3 hours listening to people like collinsworth. It sucks.
I have the ESPN 710 Seattle app on my phone and I link it via blue tooth to my sound bar on my TV, but the trick is lining it up with the TV using my DVR.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Raible is my hands down fav but Collinsworth is my runner up. I'm surprised to see so many people hating Collinsworth. There's def a lot worse out there...

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
When a game was on BBC 5live extra, they had radio commentary of key points of other games during half time. The Seahawks commentary they chose once was the Steve Raible sore throat commentary.

Who still remembers that one?