Is there any reason?

sutz

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":11u4wxaj said:
Yeah, Miami just seems to be one of those teams that just has our number. They've beaten us 5 of the last six times we've played. Doesn't seem to matter how lame of a team they have. Ever since we beat them in '83 they have really had success with us.

The games always seemed to be close other than the 23-0 opening day loss. I still expect us to win. But Miami just seems like a club that we have bad karma with.
Yeah, but how often do we play them here? I suspect most of those games were in FLA.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":27ca00fs said:
Yeah, Miami just seems to be one of those teams that just has our number. They've beaten us 5 of the last six times we've played. Doesn't seem to matter how lame of a team they have. Ever since we beat them in '83 they have really had success with us.

The games always seemed to be close other than the 23-0 opening day loss. I still expect us to win. But Miami just seems like a club that we have bad karma with.
Take this with a grain of salt, I will lay it on.

I hate when the storylines leading up to a game have no relevancy to recent history. It's just lazy reporting by writers who are both uninformed and lazy.

Miami has had a revolving door at Coach, at GM, and at most all of the skill players. They are a mess again this year, some game back in the 80's has SFA to do with this Sunday's game.

The Hawks winning that playoff game in '83 is a great memory but a far distant one.

Last year vs the Cards and Rams? That's history worth thinking hard about.

rjas77

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2mao06ke said:
. Tell me im wrong!

You're not wrong. My guess is they're too busy deciding whether to kneel or not during the National Anthem

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Their run d was horrible all preseason. Seems their weakness on defense may be our strength on offense.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If we were opening on the road in Miami at 10 am then I think we'd all be concerned. Instead, we're opening at home at 1 pm against a fairly weak AFC team that is flying 2700 miles to get here.

There's no such thing as a sure win in the NFL but this is the closest we are going to get this year. It's understandable if you're nervous about any game but the season gets rougher from here on out.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I heard on the radio today, that they arrived in town yesterday, so they should be adjusted to the time change for sure by Sunday.

Erebus

Reaction score
tacomahawk":391thcn8 said:
I heard on the radio today, that they arrived in town yesterday, so they should be adjusted to the time change for sure by Sunday.

On the flip side of that, by arriving early, they sacrificed a day of practice. We'll never really know if that makes a difference, but it might.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3420g9lx said:
Their run d was horrible all preseason. Seems their weakness on defense may be our strength on offense.

So to exploit that Bevell will go with the passing game as the primary role this weekend. :shock: :sarcasm_off:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Erebus":2svc81ov said:
Don't forget who our opponent is. People may be scared of Suh blowing up Britt, but he is literally the only player on that team that poses a threat to us.
Uh, Cameron Wake?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
For my health I need to prepare for the game knowing it's going to be a 60-minute struggle. When I go in expecting to see XLVIII-type dominance, I get disproportionally upset by routine errors like dropped passes and missed tackles.

Easier said than done, but ultimately I do want to enjoy my Sunday whatever the outcome of the game.

As for the matchups, we have seen lots of average-to-decent QBs pick apart our soft zone. Tannehill seems very capable of dinking and dunking us to death. Maybe Sherman sticking with Landry would help?

stack600

Reaction score
It definitely is not Huskies playing Rutgers or Portland St. these are grown professional players . But no matter the team we our playing ...When I get negative pre game ideas ..I remember how these guys play ..The Green Bay playoff game we were all but done ...and we almost came back against Carolina after spotting them a whole half...So yes there is a reason , but they usually figure it out.

AgentDib

Reaction score
tacomahawk":3lp1ds0p said:
The rule of thumb is one day for every hour of time change but that doesn't seem to show up in the data. Teams that travel early either do not successfully enforce curfews that would adjust circadian rhythms or there is something else going on that hasn't been quantified. Maybe Erebus is on to something with the trade off of moving practice from an ideal situation to a sub-optimal one.

For interest, here's a study that demonstrates the Circadian effect is as important as home field advantage is (West Coast teams traveling East for night games had no home field disadvantage).

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The Phins held a practice at UW yesterday, so perhaps they didn't lose much of that.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
tacomahawk":1p6qo8cs said:

They are practicing at Husky Stadium.