Is there hope for Jermaine Kearse

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ltco8x5n said:
To be honest, after watching him in college I was surprised he was ever even given an opportunity. Imo, he looks the part, but he's never played the part consistently enough.

All the talent in the world but he's never been very consistent, I bet they keep 5 WR's and I have a feeling some of those other guys have a better chance of being on the PS than him.

ARhawk

Reaction score
If they only carry 6 WRs, then no. I think he would probably be the 7th or 8th reciever during the season behind Rice, Tate, Harvin, Baldwin, Harper, and Williams. Then he would still have to battle with the others to be the next guy in line if one of those 6 got injured

cover-2

Reaction score
No thank you. Way to inconsistent catching the ball, he has a lot of U-Dub WR records with one of them being dropped passes.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I don't think so, I think in a perfect world with everyone playing well you'd have

Rice Harvin Tate
Williams, Baldwin, Harper

That would give you 2 deep at all "Spots" (with similar body types) though I know that in PC's system they play more than 1 position.

Tical21

Reaction score
I wouldn't dismiss him so quickly. The coaching staff obviously sees something in him to keep him around and even give him a bit of time on the field last season. If he practices and plays well, especially on special teams, and others don't, I don't think it is that far fetched to see him on the team in some capacity.

roiyair

Reaction score
I'm kinda rooting for him. Last year he did have a couple of drops but he managed to get open and put himself in a position to make a play well.

Mick063

Reaction score
Kearse is a goner.

The kid from Kansas State will be a tackling machine on punt coverage for a season or two.

razgriz737

Reaction score
At this point, we don't really know if Williams is any better or worse than Kearse, so I wouldn't be giving his spot to Williams just yet. He could be garbage. Too early to tell at this point, but yes, I think there is hope.

Dren

Reaction score
As much hope as us getting the Seattle Supersonics by next season =(

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I have a gut feeling that they will keep only 5 WRs this year. They are most likely going to keep 5 rbs - Lynch, Michael, Turbin, Robinson, and Ware. They will have to drop another player at a position. I don't think they limit OL, QB, TE. They only kept two QBs last year but don't see that this year. Mostly likely will go with three. So I'm thinking that it's only going to be 5 receivers this year on the roster.

Seaswab

Reaction score
He did not catch everything thrown his way. If he sees the field again it's because our WR core has injury problems. Even if that's the case, I hope we find a better solution than Kearse.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if we only carry 6, I just don't see any way the 6th isn't Stephen Williams given his size compared to harvin/tate/baldwin. We need someone like that.

You're asking if there is hope, and I think there is hope for him. Probably not in Seattle though.

Latest posts