Is Tyree Wilson the best edge in the draft?

QWERTY

Reaction score
I would rather draft a kid from Alabama than Texas Tech.

SEC players are already NFL made. Draft the sure thing if Anderson somehow falls to #5
uh

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope you are joking mate.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
uh

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope you are joking mate.
Nope I'm quite serious.

SEC is the best college football conference in terms of talent and coaching in the whole nation. Much better than the Big 12.

If there's a decision between a kid from Alabama under Saban's tutelage or Texas Tech, that's a no brainer imo. Alabama kids are much better. They're recruited higher, coached harder. Give me Alabama kid.

No coincidence that Jalen Carter is also projected so high. SEC is the best conference in college football.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Excuse me for not chomping at the bit for them to take a pass rusher at #5, not only no but Hell NO.
With the shape our defense is in, its my strong opinion that a big run stopping, line of scrimmage holding, LBer freeing DT would be much more of a difference maker than a 8-10 sack DE or edge guy who may not hold up the best against the run. Besides, we need a couple of DT's and they could be found from #20 through the 2nd round, even later. I believe D-lineman are one of the deepest positions in the draft (at least aesthetically) and IMHO when the dust settles, percentage-wise far more DE's will bust than DT's overall. The upgrades that help us the most are 2 DT's, 2 LBers & Center. I'm not saying a pass rusher wouldn't help, they are just more of a risk & not as impactful as the aforementioned positions.

22' 2nd #40 Boye Mafe
20' 2nd #48 Darrell Taylor
19' 1st #29 LJ Collier
18' 3rd #79 Rasheem Green
15' 2nd #63 Frank Clark
14' 4th #108 Cassius Marsh
12' 1st #15 Bruce Irvin

I am not that impressed with the DE/edge rushers available at #5. I want a team changing, league on alert impact player that opponents have to scheme & account for. This will be our last parting gift from the RW3 trade, I want a field tilting difference maker.

CactusJack

Reaction score
His technique isn't refined. He for the most part wins with power (Bull rush) & his arm length is a huge advantage against most lineman. But he's not a finished product by any means.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
He is a good player, but we could get him at #20 and possibly even in second round.
I think the internet draft sites are much lower on Yancey than the NFL will be come draft time. I bet he goes mid first

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I think the internet draft sites are much lower on Yancey than the NFL will be come draft time. I bet he goes mid first
Who knows? He might be a possibility at #20, but not #5.

Chevy

Reaction score
Excuse me for not chomping at the bit for them to take a pass rusher at #5, not only no but Hell NO.
With the shape our defense is in, its my strong opinion that a big run stopping, line of scrimmage holding, LBer freeing DT would be much more of a difference maker than a 8-10 sack DE or edge guy who may not hold up the best against the run. Besides, we need a couple of DT's and they could be found from #20 through the 2nd round, even later. I believe D-lineman are one of the deepest positions in the draft (at least aesthetically) and IMHO when the dust settles, percentage-wise far more DE's will bust than DT's overall. The upgrades that help us the most are 2 DT's, 2 LBers & Center. I'm not saying a pass rusher wouldn't help, they are just more of a risk & not as impactful as the aforementioned positions.

22' 2nd #40 Boye Mafe
20' 2nd #48 Darrell Taylor
19' 1st #29 LJ Collier
18' 3rd #79 Rasheem Green
15' 2nd #63 Frank Clark
14' 4th #108 Cassius Marsh
12' 1st #15 Bruce Irvin

I am not that impressed with the DE/edge rushers available at #5. I want a team changing, league on alert impact player that opponents have to scheme & account for. This will be our last parting gift from the RW3 trade, I want a field tilting difference maker.
Okay, so who in your mind are those prospects at #5 and #20?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One thing is very clear, every single player seems to have SOMEONE on here that says they are not that good. I love the position they are in.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't see it. I don't see it at all. There's certainly a ton of potential, but I think there's some drafts where he's legitimately a 2nd round pick.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Simms is a traits guy and so his rankings reflect that. When toolsy prospects turn out well he looks good (Lamar Jackson), and when they don't he looks dumb (Zach Wilson). He didn't have Jalen Hurts as a top 40 QB last off-season because Hurts doesn't have an elite arm. DJ Turner is his #2 CB this year mostly due to the 4.26 40 and 9.7 RAS.

He's gotten to be a bit of a hot take analyst lately which is unfortunate.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Wil Anderson Tier 3?? Dang that's a hot take. I've heard other "experts" claim that he's the best edge rusher since Von Miller. Interesting share thank you
His film in 2021 was much more impressive- 17 sacks. If you go off just this past year, then you won't be all that impressed by him. Against good competition he really wasn't all that impressive to be honest.

Darnell Wright ate his lunch.

Latest posts