Isn't It The Most Beautiful Thing............

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":22vidhfa said:
Any time a penalty negates a score or a turnover, it should be automatically reviewed.

In Browner's case, I guess they're saying that the wrong call on the field was made because it wasn't helmet to helmet, but that it was still a penalty because of head-neck contact. I read that the refs have been told to throw a flag every time they even suspect helmet-to-helmet contact, but that doesn't make sense because there's no procedure in place to determine if it really was or wasn't. There shouldn't be a "could've been" penalty.

Yep, they have no choice. Anything that looks remotely close to head-neck contact, they are required to throw a flag.

And what the problem is, in hits like these above, even a good clean shoulder to chest hit, the head will whip forward and cause the head-neck contact... that facemask will always make some contact on the hitters shoulder pad. Boom = Flag.

To me it's one of the things broken in today's NFL.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3jozmji6 said:
irocdave":3jozmji6 said:
Before Kam there was Ken.

Gu9I919

Except Kam's about 30 times as smart as Hamlin ever was.

Very true, Kam has yet to lose a fight with a street sign.

HawkWow

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1mpnvmu2 said:
irocdave":1mpnvmu2 said:

Gu9I919

That ain't no lie. And before Ken was the real Ken. If you could cross Earl with Kam, you'd be close to getting Kenny Easley, imo. To this day I still see Easley as the greatest of all time and while my opinion is arguable, when Ronnie Lott calls Easley that...well, end of argument.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":77bjpl37 said:
volsunghawk":77bjpl37 said:
irocdave":77bjpl37 said:

Gu9I919

That ain't no lie. And before Ken was the real Ken. If you could cross Earl with Kam, you'd be close to getting Kenny Easley, imo. To this day I still see Easley as the greatest of all time and while my opinion is arguable, when Ronnie Lott calls Easley that...well, end of argument.

Great explanation there. I love seeing old footage of Easley.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26z3isok said:
You've ever seen?

Hi res 158691110 crop exact

Honestly... it's first time I EVER saw a "still image" actually give off (((SOUND)))

HawkWow

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2rcvmjmp said:
HawkWow":2rcvmjmp said:
volsunghawk":2rcvmjmp said:
irocdave":2rcvmjmp said:

Gu9I919

Great explanation there. I love seeing old footage of Easley.

I really wish our FO, even while entirely changed (since back then), would really start beating the drum to get Kenny in Canton. It's just ridiculous and any hard feelings between the camps shouldn't be between today's camps. I don't see Mr. Allen (or Pete) conducting themselves in the shameless manner that FO did with Easley.

I am certainly biased, Easley was and remains my favorite football player of all time, but this franchise will always be blemished until he is in the hall (in my eyes). Because of the money players make, I will almost never say a franchise owes a player. This franchise owes both Kenny Easley and Marshawn Lynch, imo.

I'm not including other greats in that (Largent, Tez, Walt etc) because their body of work has been validated. Lynch won't see Canton, so I am happy he is getting paid (well). Sorry to have run off topic with this, but Kenny Easley deserves better. To the younger posters that missed this great man...he was no less to our Hawks than those names we have in Canton. Like Lynch, Easley made teams fear us. And in this business, fear is good.

I know arguments can be made about Kenny's longevity, but who argues about the longevity of Gale Sayers? If "best ever" doesn't make you HOF worthy...why even have the HOF? Now I'm all pissed off again. lol.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think you need to talk anyone on here into Easley's HOF case.

Unfortunately his medical issues cut short his career, which I guess in some people's minds outside Seattle is enough to keep him out. But ask any player or coach during Easley's career and they'll tell you he was every bit as good as Ronnie Lott, maybe even better.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3dzvxqq5 said:
I don't think you need to talk anyone on here into Easley's HOF case.

Unfortunately his medical issues cut short his career, which I guess in some people's minds outside Seattle is enough to keep him out. But ask any player or coach during Easley's career and they'll tell you he was every bit as good as Ronnie Lott, maybe even better.

You might be surprised to learn how many posters we have that have never as much as seen Kenny on film, Sarge. It was (obviously) they I was glorifying Kenny to. I can't imagine any fans (from those days) needing to even be reminded of Easley's excellence. My objective is to keep names like Easley's alive for as long as I am. Perhaps not the right thread to do it in, but there's never a wrong time to talk up #45, imo. In fact, so determined (and defiant) am I, that I'm going to go talk about him in a Wilson thread now. ; )

Ruminator

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":teq2wvcs said:
SnoCoHawk":teq2wvcs said:
Great photo! Kam just about vaporized the water right off of that guy (is it Vernon Davis?).

Hell yeah it's Davis, this hit accelerated his downfall IMO, he wasn't quite the same after Kam stole his soul.

eGY7J8V.jpg

I thought this thread worth bumping up to get us even more excited for tonight's game. 8)
I swear, I could watch that clip a million times and be exhilarated by it each and every time.
Imagine SF#85 being Car#1.

sutz

Reaction score
Are we really discussing great hits without posting this one? :mrgreen:

[youtube]KKHKtkct5Hw[/youtube]

evergreen

Reaction score
Don't forget what happened after it when we forced a fg. That was KARMA! Easily one of my favorite games of all time... Oh, and #45 was Awesome!

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I love it so much, I had him sign it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 270