Ivan Lewis

davidonmi

Reaction score
I know that injuries are in many cases bad luck more than anything, however Husky fans (and USC fans) know that wherever this clown goes as strength and conditioning coach injuries immediately start to pile up.

Age, style of play, etc. are also factors of course but is it really a coincidence that the first season shows up we have a contending season ground to a halt by a ridiculous plethora of injuries?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
davidonmi":3fihgpwx said:
I know that injuries are in many cases bad luck more than anything, however Husky fans (and USC fans) know that wherever this clown goes as strength and conditioning coach injuries immediately start to pile up.

Age, style of play, etc. are also factors of course but is it really a coincidence that the first season shows up we have a contending season ground to a halt by a ridiculous plethora of injuries?
Husky here, and yes, I am familiar.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":181hgr5u said:
davidonmi":181hgr5u said:

Husky here, and yes, I am familiar.

who can forget the 2012 OL beginning with 2 medical retirements before losing so many guys to the point where true freshman Shane Brostek started vs Stanford.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I remember this being called out before the season as well. Worth considering.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It really is a shame that one of our coaches couldn't prevent a cracked hip and a broken arm with his strength training program. Very intelligent choice for Scapegoat of the Week.

Elemas

Reaction score
AgentDib":1f1yb34b said:
It really is a shame that one of our coaches couldn't prevent a cracked hip and a broken arm with his strength training program. Very intelligent choice for Scapegoat of the Week.

You're right. A team with 24 players injured...IRs and "outs",(near the top btw), would be crazy to consider all angles.

Strength, conditioning...their interaction with physical therapists and post injury rehabilitation...schmabilitation.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
AgentDib":35ntecnl said:
It happens everywhere he goes. He was a joke at UW, a joke at USC, and so far he's been a joke here.

I know fans supposedly know nothing but this is an illuminating thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/a ... van_lewis/

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
davidonmi":3dzu0ctf said:
AgentDib":3dzu0ctf said:
It happens everywhere he goes. He was a joke at UW, a joke at USC, and so far he's been a joke here.

I know fans supposedly know nothing but this is an illuminating thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/a ... van_lewis/

For whatever reason injuries follow him around like the plague. It seems it gets worse with every stop

Seymour

Reaction score
Well one thing for sure. Once the verdict is in and he is clear to be at fault. Pete will be all over resolving the issue.....

3 years later. :roll:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Dumb question but does this guy's job entail teaching players how to fall? How to position themselves to avoid maximal injury? Or is it just him making sure that players lift and can get hit in midsection w/boxing gloves?

ivotuk

Reaction score
I would think that better equipment would help. That field is hard, and there should be something to help protect shoulders and hips from repeated blows. I know they can't cover every part of the body, but is their basic equipment up to speed?

mikeak

Reaction score
Elemas":1slcxh4u said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/12/24/21035251/ivan-lewis-strength-conditioning-coach-seattle-seahawks-injuries-bad-season-soft-tissue-carson-brown

Where there's smoke...

The article would have been better served if it didn't make the stupid point that last Sunday against Arizona didn't matter. Yeah losing the 1st and 2nd seed position in the NFC is not a big deal at all. Stupid narrative

On the rest it is an interesting article

Elemas

Reaction score
Largent80":qola42zy said:
Yup, a broken arm is definitely on this coach.

Hey guys! We only have one injury! Re-sign this strength and conditioning coach asap.