Jabrill Peppers, what am I missing?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":160k86ab said:
He practically has the shortest arms of any defensive player at the combine. With arms that short, his only positions in our scheme are free safety or slot cornerback. Or punt returner/slot wide receiver. The Hawks have shown they are willing to take a dynamic punt returner (Lockett) in the 3rd round, so thats probably around where the Hawks have him graded.

Most people I have heard are projecting him to offense.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":34fc877r said:
cover-2":34fc877r said:
A handful of years ago, I remember seeing this big freshman CB playing for LSU and was like "who is freak athlete", it was Patrick Peterson. When Peppers went to Michigan I thought he had a chance to be the next Patrick Peterson. I was kind of disappointed when Michigan had Peppers playing Safety and was even more disappointed when they moved him to LB. Yeah, he put up big stats but playing multiple positions really hurt his development.

Peppers doesn't have Peterson's speed, thats why he was moved to safety.

If he were 3 inches taller he'd be Kam.

I think he's closer to the prototypical SS than Kam is. Kam is a just a freak and we lucked out there. Peppers is still a really good prospect IMO with a very high ceiling.

He's 5'10, I think you mean if he was 5" taller. Right now, he's bob sanders or TJ Ward at best.

penihawk

Reaction score
A-Dog":2q1ia13p said:
Peppers measured at 5-11 flat, 213 lbs, with short (30 3/4") arms... his lack of length might take him way down our draft board, or maybe off of it.

Interested to see how Buddha Baker measures.

I'm guessing Buddha will join Peppers on the list of playmakers that don't measure up to the Hawks template? :34853_doh: