Jake Bates, K, UFL

Rat

Reaction score
Is that the league Brandon Aubrey came from? He was an absolute stud for the Cowboys last year.

Rat

Reaction score
Yeah, Myers is expensive to cut somehow. That's not a good reason to not at least bring in a cheap kicker to push him though. Myers has been granted the privilege of no competition for too long now. His stats look good at season's end, but I'm still not confident when the game is about to be decided on a 40-yarder.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of paying Myers all that dead money on the cap then bringing in someone else who may or may not be an improvement. Let’s let his contract play out and start looking to replace him in the future. We aren’t exactly a field goal away from the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Myers would cost $9m if we cut him. Besides, his pattern means he'll have a good season this year. He's alternated good/bad seasons since 2017. Let him walk after 2026.
Did not realize that. Thanks for the info. Giving that contract to Myers was a really bad move by the Seahawks FO. Kickers are a dime a dozen,. Unless you are Justin Tucker, no kicker deserves $5M/yr deal.

evergreen

Reaction score
Why don’t they use analytics?!!! I get the importance of a kicker. If the coach will opt for a field goal. Pete? Not so much. Overpaying kickers and safeties. And currently very expensive wide receivers.

Latest posts