Jamal Adams needs to be released

RiverDog

Reaction score
I would like to dig up the thread after Adams berated a concussion doctor who was just trying to do his job where a number of posters defended Adams by using a BS excuse, that it was the concussion caused him to react the way he did.

So what do y'all say now? What excuse can you come up for this latest incident? Outside of removing the post, which is essentially an admission of guilt, Adams didn't express even the slightest remorse.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The team needs to discipline him to curtail this behavior going forward. Cutting a player over this would be excessive, and probably exposes the team to some costs through a grievance process. I'm guessing if he was having an All-Pro season people wouldn't be on him so hard. These things should be handled the same way whether a player is special or not.

The Seahawks currently are estimated to have under $8 million in cap space. If they cut him right now, I'm pretty sure they then have to pony up way more in a dead cap hit than they have in space, even if they split it over two years. So then they have to start cutting other players right now to get cap savings to do that. In the simplest terms, this is functionally stupid on top of not being appropriate action. The NFL is not going to grant them cap relief like he's Aaron Hernandez.

On his play: he can be (and most likely will be) cut this offseason (or restructure if they really want him). They'll likely spread his $20 million dead cap number across two seasons. I don't see how they pay him be $27 million cap hit next season.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I would like to dig up the thread after Adams berated a concussion doctor who was just trying to do his job where a number of posters defended Adams by using a BS excuse, that it was the concussion caused him to react the way he did.

So what do y'all say now? What excuse can you come up for this latest incident? Outside of removing the post, which is essentially an admission of guilt, Adams didn't express even the slightest remorse.
To be fair and transparent, I was one of those supporting Adams for the FIRST incident with the doctor in the Giants game, only for the fact that when people have traumatic brain injuries, they may develop aphasia and one of those symptoms is hyper aggressive behavior.

I only brought that up due to a close family member having a stoke this summer and being violent as the brain bleed was going on, totally out of character.

That's where my support for him ended. His SECOND run in with the independent doctor when they were checking on Bobo was uncalled for and essentially eliminates my support for his first incident.

Unless his initial concussion has given him a case of CTE, like how Antonio Brown totally changed after the Burfect hit.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The team needs to discipline him to curtail this behavior going forward. Cutting a player over this would be excessive, and probably exposes the team to some costs through a grievance process. I'm guessing if he was having an All-Pro season people wouldn't be on him so hard. These things should be handled the same way whether a player is special or not.

The Seahawks currently are estimated to have under $8 million in cap space. If they cut him right now, I'm pretty sure they then have to pony up way more in a dead cap hit than they have in space, even if they split it over two years. So then they have to start cutting other players right now to get cap savings to do that. In the simplest terms, this is functionally stupid on top of not being appropriate action. The NFL is not going to grant them cap relief like he's Aaron Hernandez.

On his play: he can be (and most likely will be) cut this offseason (or restructure if they really want him). They'll likely spread his $20 million dead cap number across two seasons. I don't see how they pay him be $27 million cap hit next season.
I'm not going to go so far as saying that the Hawks should discipline Adams for this incident. First off, I'm not even sure if the team has the authority to discipline him for this kind of violation as it's covered by the CBA. Secondly, I don't think discipline is warranted for a one-word, non-profane post on social media.

RiverDog

Reaction score
To be fair and transparent, I was one of those supporting Adams for the FIRST incident with the doctor in the Giants game, only for the fact that when people have traumatic brain injuries, they may develop aphasia and one of those symptoms is hyper aggressive behavior.

I only brought that up due to a close family member having a stoke this summer and being violent as the brain bleed was going on, totally out of character.

That's where my support for him ended. His SECOND run in with the independent doctor when they were checking on Bobo was uncalled for and essentially eliminates my support for his first incident.

Unless his initial concussion has given him a case of CTE, like how Antonio Brown totally changed after the Burfect hit.
Although I still don't agree with your take on the first incident, that IMO he'd be exhibiting other symptoms if it was severe enough to cause a behavioral change, I can appreciate where you're coming from.

And to add to your observation about brain injuries, my wife worked in a nursing home with Alzheimer patients, which is essentially the same thing as far as brain injuries affecting behavior, so it's not like I'm completely insensitive to the issue.

flv2

Reaction score

Dead money does accelerate. However, dead money, (unlike salary), works June to June so cutting any player after June 1 won't accelerate any dead money into the current year. Any and all unaccounted for dead money would all have to be accounted for in the following year.

This year is paid for so cutting him doesn't save anything. You just get nothing for your money and you also have to pay for the replacement.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Are we sure the “yikes” was aimed at the wife? Or was it aimed at the husband/writer because Jamal thought her husband is a tool? There is a whole lot of angst happening over one 5 letter word.

This is a great point. There does seem to be a tendency for people to jump to conclusions and assumptions about what other people mean, and often times they assume the worst.

Jamal very easily could have meant his comment to mean this.

Either way, he shouldn't be taking shots at anyone on social media. It's just not going to play out well for him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
There was a thread a while back of QB pics that were AI altered into females. Anyone know how to do that to a JA pic? ...just wondering how he'd stack up. There was a website 20 years ago amihotornot.com so America could vote.

I guess there's no end to trying to keep my mind from worrying of the rest of the season...
Found it for ya. There ya go.
I know it's hard to recognize Jamal, but he cleans up OK with tons of pancake makeup. Wouldn't hit that though. The reporter's wife seems highly preferable.

UskHawk

Reaction score
Are we sure the “yikes” was aimed at the wife? Or was it aimed at the husband/writer because Jamal thought her husband is a tool? There is a whole lot of angst happening over one 5 letter word. This whole thing has me about as interested as I would be about a zit on a flies ass.
Or, JA could have just posted an image of the husband/writer with the "yikes" caption. Might have made his intention clearer.

GemCity

Reaction score
I don’t think he needs to be disciplined for his actions off the field. The writer should be able to take it if he’s going to dish it out. There’s a lot worse out there when it comes to social media.

But….his actions, or lack there of, on the field are unacceptable.

Our safety’s have fell off…big time.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don’t think he needs to be disciplined for his actions off the field. The writer should be able to take it if he’s going to dish it out. There’s a lot worse out there when it comes to social media.

But….his actions, or lack there of, on the field are unacceptable.

Our safety’s have fell off…big time.
I agree, a one word post on social media that wasn't obscene or profane and that was only up for a few hours doesn't violate the Personal Conduct policy, which was developed for situations quite unlike this one, and even if it did, it would be up to the league to discipline him, not the team.

The writer isn't the 'victim' here, it's his wife, a completely innocent bystander. And I disagree completely with those who are trying to say that Adams wasn't directing the 'yikes' at the writer's wife. What else could he have meant? Besides, had that not been his intent, that he didn't mean to insult the young lady, Adams certainly would have immediately corrected the perception, but all we got from him was crickets.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Adams hasn't changed, this is why the Jets traded his ass. Big mouth and got under everyone's skin, including his own coaches, teammates and the press.

Only thing that's changed is he now stinks on the field too and no one wants to hear his bravado nonsense anymore...............or make excuses for him cause he's really good.

He'll be gone the first month after the season's over.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Adams hasn't changed, this is why the Jets traded his ass. Big mouth and got under everyone's skin, including his own coaches, teammates and the press.

Only thing that's changed is he now stinks on the field too and no one wants to hear his bravado nonsense anymore...............or make excuses for him cause he's really good.

He'll be gone the first month after the season's over.
This is 100% spot on.