I’m of the opinion that I’d rather pursue Jameis Winston than
Deshaun Watson- which would require several draft picks along with the baggage
Of his off the fields issues.
Get Winston on a two year deal and draft someone in the 1st or 2nd year
To groom for the future.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I’m not against either.

Winston at worst and probably most likely gives you a solid bridge option who team mates where ever he goes love him. He wasn’t bad in NO in a conservative offense. Had the saints in the playoff hunt up until his ACL injury.

Watson is a worthy swing for the fences, you gotta try it he’s too good to not at least try.

seabowl

Reaction score
Rat":pob2ktd3 said:
I'd take Trubisky over both.

You must be related to Trubisky because he has never shown anything since coming to the NFL. IMO they will undoubtedly go with a lower priced qb to avoid what they just came out of with Russ. Winston makes way more sense than Watson.

massari

Reaction score
I want Watson, or to tank with Drew Lock/Geno Smith while spending the cap minimum to get one of those top QBs in the 2023 draft, and a lot of money to rollover

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm not convinced Winston can read or write...he does like stealing lobster though...comes across as being incredibly dumb. Also has had a checkered past with a sex assault that went away with cash.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think if Watson is not a Seahawk in the next 4-5 days he ain't gonna be.
Winston on one leg better than what we have now. Not my choice but OK for a year or two.
I am extremely interested to see what direction our draft takes this year. I sure hope it's quality over quantity with lines as priority. I do think getting Fant and Harris takes some pressure off having so many holes to fill and makes it easier to resign those of our guys that we want to sign. Also hope they make Adams a hybrid LB and find a good safety. Is McDougald available?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If you want to compete immediately Watson is the obvious choice.

I have a feeling Carroll wants to compete immediately to prove he can make it without Wilson.

toffee

Reaction score
One could argue that we can have 5 wins or so with Geno, unless whomever we sign can push us into the payoff. Otherwise, rather building the rest of the team with Geno as caretaker. Then go all out for a plug in QB for the big show.

keasley45

Reaction score
toffee":3lg0tdj4 said:
One could argue that we can have 5 wins or so with Geno, unless whomever we sign can push us into the payoff. Otherwise, rather building the rest of the team with Geno as caretaker. Then go all out for a plug in QB for the big show.

Yup.

Winston is who he is, and great, he ain't. He'll win you some and then be the reason you lose. Not helpful.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope they don't bring back Geno Smith. Already saw what he brings to this offense and not impressed. If a no go on Watson, then I'd like to see them bring in someone like Marcus Mariota plus grab Willis or Ridder in 2022 draft. Probably could trade down and still get one of those guys in bottom of the 1st or 2nd round.

toffee

Reaction score
Or we find someone we must draft, but still let Geno start the season, plug in that kid here and there till he is ready to take over. Geno won't complain much and readily accept that role.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Largent.4.Prez

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1elky1rx said:
I hope they don't bring back Geno Smith. Already saw what he brings to this offense and not impressed. If a no go on Watson, then I'd like to see them bring in someone like Marcus Mariota plus grab Willis or Ridder in 2022 draft. Probably could trade down and still get one of those guys in bottom of the 1st or 2nd round.

I agree. Plus I thought he was already cut after the 96 mph, suspected DUI, officer "little D" fiasco. :34853_doh:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/330 ... picion-dui