Jeron Johnson Signed; Farmer Waived

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Jville":6uqp7qym said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/806272439953014789[/tweet]

Steven Terrell is the man they plan on finishing the season with. Jeron, fresh legs and experience, can take over special teams duties.
:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: Welcome back..

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I recall JJ always being around the big plays. He had a knack for picking up fumbles. Should have had the recovery vs Indy and gave us the win.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great move. I remember JJ went to the Skins after us, did they cut him? How long has he been a free agent?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Farmer did nothing to impress with the chances he had. Guessing he won't be back in any capacity.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Blitzer88":da8adp2o said:
Largent80":da8adp2o said:
Blitzer88":da8adp2o said:
I thought we would have looked for someone with tools like Earl.
A once in a lifetime talent and maybe the best safety EVER. Yeah, those guys are readily available to every team.. :roll:

I meant someone that has a little more giddy up to them and has at least a shot at potentially covering the ground we need covered in our scheme. Jeron was never known for his speed. Steven at least has the speed to maybe get within the same ballpark as Earl in terms of range. I don't think Jeron has that in him. Don't get me wrong, I always loved Jeron as a played, but if he has to fill in for Steven I am worried.

Johnson doesn't have the speed, but he has the instincts. In the small amount of playing time he had, he made a lot of plays and was always where he was supposed to be. He also made a decent amount of impact plays.

Thomas is special because he has elite instincts and diagnoses plays extremely quickly, and then has the elite speed to get there before other guys do.

Sherman doesn't have elite speed. Browner didn't have elite speed. Maxwell didn't have elite speed for a CB (above average but not elite).

Being assignment correct and knowing the system is more important than being really fast. Like Largent80 said, it's the best we can get in there. JJ is a hedge against Terrell getting a brain fart and having a bad game. He's a steady veteran presence that can come in and settle the young guy down if need be.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect Farmer will be back on the pS before too long, I believe him to be a pet project for Pete. I'd not be surprised if he wasn't given some specific drills to work on while waiting on the ghost roster.

I like the Jeron Johnson addition, he was always reliable in relief when here. He's not anywhere as fast as Earl but I agree with others he's assignment correct, and that can be something that can be positively schemed with for the D. He is a solid ST player too and wo't have a long learning curve to fit back in here.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1mjdxp25 said:
Great move. I remember JJ went to the Skins after us, did they cut him? How long has he been a free agent?
I saw him at my Starbucks the day before WSU vs Boise. He had just been cut. Wiki says he was cut 9-2-16 by the Chiefs.
I saw him 9-9-16, he was headed to the WSU game as he is BS alum.
Glad he's back.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3afz0i5g said:
Farmer did nothing to impress with the chances he had. Guessing he won't be back in any capacity.
I wouldn't bet on it.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3mxakzrw said:
I suspect Farmer will be back on the pS before too long, I believe him to be a pet project for Pete. I'd not be surprised if he wasn't given some specific drills to work on while waiting on the ghost roster.

I like the Jeron Johnson addition, he was always reliable in relief when here. He's not anywhere as fast as Earl but I agree with others he's assignment correct, and that can be something that can be positively schemed with for the D. He is a solid ST player too and wo't have a long learning curve to fit back in here.
That's what I'm thinking. Along similar lines, I always thought Terrell was a dud, but he's finally showing things that me hopeful.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

hawker84

Reaction score
Experience and knows the system, nothing special as far as on field play that I remember, but good depth. Welcome back.

Latest posts