Jerry Rice Stickied his Receiving Gloves

BASF

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2c1sbgyw said:
kidhawk":2c1sbgyw said:
[urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/rice-admits-to-illegal-use-of-stickum/[/urltargetblank]

“I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky,” Rice said, laughing.

It wasn’t a little illegal, it was a lot illegal. As explained in the ESPN feature, gloves were introduced to football after the NFL decided to outlaw the stuff that guys like Fred Biletnikoff and Lester Hayes (pictured) would spread copiously on their hands, and elsewhere. Rice admitted in the feature that he enhanced the surface of gloves approved for use in the NFL with a substance that would make it easier to catch the ball.

Asterisk all SF championship. Out of HOF

Showing your age, Rice did not play in their first two championships. The third championship would not have happened if Lewis Billups had a little bit of stickum on his gloves.

I have said a couple of times that I would check Odell Beckham Jr's gloves for the stuff as well.

A

Anonymous

80065.jpg

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RationalNiner":3l4p4jk4 said:
He needed it. Jerry didn't have the best hands of all time like people make it out to be.
Agree, but boy could he get open. And his hands were good, just not elite like say Fitz.

Look I think Rice is a douche that should've learned to stop talking quite a while back. However, I have no doubt most WRs during his time were doing the same. He's the best WR ever though NOT the best player ever. Jim Brown is #1 and if you saw both of them play, I'm guessing around 80% of you agree with me.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1we2fd7z said:
RationalNiner":1we2fd7z said:
He needed it. Jerry didn't have the best hands of all time like people make it out to be.
Agree, but boy could he get open. And his hands were good, just not elite like say Fitz.

Look I think Rice is a douche that should've learned to stop talking quite a while back. However, I have no doubt most WRs during his time were doing the same. He's the best WR ever though NOT the best player ever. Jim Brown is #1 and if you saw both of them play, I'm guessing around 80% of you agree with me.

Also the best receiver after the catch I've seen. He regularly made the first guy miss and broke tackles.

An ideal WR tandem would be Rice and Irvin. They'd just dominate.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
RationalNiner":qwytbsi4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":qwytbsi4 said:
RationalNiner":qwytbsi4 said:

Also the best receiver after the catch I've seen. He regularly made the first guy miss and broke tackles.

An ideal WR tandem would be Rice and Irvin. They'd just dominate.

Cheater. He should be kicked out of HOF

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3tty9tt2 said:
worstsbcalleva":3tty9tt2 said:
That is cheating. Take away the Superbowl titles.
Your's go first there Bucko!

True his were never caught, Patriots on the other hand seem to have something come up every year that has headlines, teeth and needs to be dealt with in one way shape of form.

ScottWade

Reaction score
Be careful about slinging mud...

Jerry Rice played for the Seahawks and set a number of records while playing there.

You know the attack on the Patriots.....Once a cheater...

PEDs and the signing of Pete Carroll (USC & Kraft-owned Patriots). Those other fans across the U.S. just love making connections, dot-to-dot.

If I were to be silly, well, I'd have to state that the Seahawks are cheaters. And remember, as Pats & NO fans have been told, ignorance is not an excuse. As far as "hater" fans go, Rice used Stickum for every achievement in Seattle and after that, well, it means that your team has no problem breaking the rules. Look at the hires! You keep doing it and facts don't matter because we all know that the pattern continues, that you could not have risen to elite...

And take a look at the Jerry Rice numbers before Stickum and then compare to after. There's a major study that will probably not be done, but keep pushing it and it will. Poking at Pats Nation is just not a way to go...

I personally think that all this BS is just that, total BS, but I trust a few will get the drift...Rice is now paying for his words as is Montana...Just Google...

Erebus

Reaction score
ScottWade":1rlgjkfp said:
Jerry Rice played for the Seahawks and set a number of records while playing there.

He played half a season for us, did absolutely nothing of significance, and pissed off the entire fan base by insisting on wearing #80. I'll sling all the mud I want at him. He in no way represents the Seahawks.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ScottWade":3b2wewei said:

PEDs and the signing of Pete Carroll (USC & Kraft-owned Patriots). Those other fans across the U.S. just love making connections, dot-to-dot.

If I were to be silly, well, I'd have to state that the Seahawks are cheaters. And remember, as Pats & NO fans have been told, ignorance is not an excuse. As far as "hater" fans go, Rice used Stickum for every achievement in Seattle and after that, well, it means that your team has no problem breaking the rules. Look at the hires! You keep doing it and facts don't matter because we all know that the pattern continues, that you could not have risen to elite...

And take a look at the Jerry Rice numbers before Stickum and then compare to after. There's a major study that will probably not be done, but keep pushing it and it will. Poking at Pats Nation is just not a way to go...

I personally think that all this BS is just that, total BS, but I trust a few will get the drift...Rice is now paying for his words as is Montana...Just Google...
NM, thought I was in the shack

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I think as long as we allow these assholes to invade our board then every forum should be shacked until they're all gone.

ScottWade

Reaction score
Erebus":3glcl4za said:
ScottWade":3glcl4za said:

He played half a season for us, did absolutely nothing of significance, and pissed off the entire fan base by insisting on wearing #80. I'll sling all the mud I want at him. He in no way represents the Seahawks.

He cheated his way to records set while a member of the Hawks. Carroll's last NFL job was under that cheating Kraft and left USC where his championship was vacated for cheating. Once a cheater...No exceptions...No everybody does it...Ignorance is not an excuse.,,PEDs and the administration-wide history of cheating is of record. And remember, hard facts don't matter.

Sling all the mud you want at Rice, but hating on the Pats is a tad hypocritical...

Funny how so many fans consider Goodell and NFL officials as clowns (remember that Steeler SB), but when it comes to low PSI footballs, both Goodell and the officials are God. No mistakes, all rumors and leaks are gold even if they conflict. And the real teaser is that a bunch of years ago they got caught "stealing signals." Of course, they didn't as anyone can steal signals thus the clipboard over mouth (no rule against it). They got nailed for taping at a "memo-prohibited" location (not by an owner ratified rule). Oh the horror...

And even stranger is the fact that the only team busted/fined for taping a walk-through, a Ram's practice, was the Broncos. Little to no outrage. (I bring it up because WA has a massive Bronco fanbase.)

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":26pjmhf3 said:
Marvin49":26pjmhf3 said:
RationalNiner":26pjmhf3 said:

....really starting to think this guy is a Seahawks fan on a fake account. He's bashing Jerry here and has a Crabtree avatar.

Right.

Well there is a new one. A much needed change from the Niner fan pretending to be a Seahawks fan.

Bashing Jerry? As far as hands go, I would vote Carter over Rice for hands. Largent was like that too. Rice was certainly the best WR of all time because he had it all and he did it forever. I have watched all of those guys play since their rookie years, Rice didn't have the best hands of all time. He did have some of the best.

I can remember the consistency of the passes Rice had too. Time after time Montana hit him perfectly in stride, right in the sweet spot. I would argue that Rice's hands had a lot of help that wasn't related to sticky gloves.

Ya, for my money its Carter...but the "he needed it" comment just way over the top.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RationalNiner":2egingpe said:
Marvin49":2egingpe said:
RationalNiner":2egingpe said:

....really starting to think this guy is a Seahawks fan on a fake account. He's bashing Jerry here and has a Crabtree avatar.

Right.

A guy I know is making a video of all the drops of Rice in the 92 season and will be making more for different seasons of his. You'll see.

What a great use of time. Guess the Stickum didn't work that year.

All I know it seems kinda pathetic and un-fanlike to catalog all the drops by a player on your favorite team 23 years ago. Have at it though. More power to ya. Just don't expect me to take you seriously.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Erebus":2qhqdg5w said:
ScottWade":2qhqdg5w said:

Well I think the point the other poster was making is that at that point of his career Rice was setting 2 all time records every time he caught the ball (Yards, Receptions).

He didn't put up big numbers tho...so you're both right. :)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ScottWade":2u51h0g0 said:

I hate to break it to you but most people understand the difference between a jay walker and a mass murderer. The level at which your team has been caught cheating and the number of times it has been under investigation is probably time times the rest of the NFL combined. You don't get to dismiss shit or try and justify your teams cheating ways by lumping smaller and less significant acts to it. Your trying to sentence the Jay walker to life but the reality is the life of your organization even if they never did another suspicious thing, will be known for cheating. That is all. Simple really. So simple in fact that only a Pats fan can't see it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ScottWade":1l2h4jyq said:
Erebus":1l2h4jyq said:
ScottWade":1l2h4jyq said:

He cheated his way to records set while a member of the Hawks. Carroll's last NFL job was under that cheating Kraft and left USC where his championship was vacated for cheating. Once a cheater...No exceptions...No everybody does it...Ignorance is not an excuse.,,PEDs and the administration-wide history of cheating is of record. And remember, hard facts don't matter.

Sling all the mud you want at Rice, but hating on the Pats is a tad hypocritical...

Funny how so many fans consider Goodell and NFL officials as clowns (remember that Steeler SB), but when it comes to low PSI footballs, both Goodell and the officials are God. No mistakes, all rumors and leaks are gold even if they conflict. And the real teaser is that a bunch of years ago they got caught "stealing signals." Of course, they didn't as anyone can steal signals thus the clipboard over mouth (no rule against it). They got nailed for taping at a "memo-prohibited" location (not by an owner ratified rule). Oh the horror...

And even stranger is the fact that the only team busted/fined for taping a walk-through, a Ram's practice, was the Broncos. Little to no outrage. (I bring it up because WA has a massive Bronco fanbase.)

If the NFL went after your team the way the NCAA went after USC your team, ownership and players would all be in front of a firing squad. You obviously have no clue about why USC was punished to begin with or the fact Pete Carroll was just inducted into USC's hall of fame in front of a crowd that gave him a standing ovation.

Trying to put Rice on Seattle is just dumb. It's a royal troll so ignorant it is not worth even responding to.

Getting caught taping while under investigation for tampering with FM signals is significant. You know why Goodell immediately and mysteriously destroyed the evidence don't you. If the answer is no then you are either lying or just dumb.

How many times did BB trade away a player for a high draft pick because he knew the reason the guy looked so good was because he knew the play call and therefore knew how to run the play? How many of those players went on to have success after leaving NE? Pretty much all became immediately irrelevant.

It is kind of like the fumble rate. If a team was dumb enough to give you guys a draft pick for a player because his fumble rate was so stellar but then they go to the new team with fully inflated balls and start fumbling.

You guys cheat and are known for it. Don't try and lump everyone else in just because it makes you feel better. How are you going to explain your fumble rate over the next few years when it goes back to the normal rate like the rest of the NFL? And you know it will. You'd have to be some kind of special to believe for one second BB coached it into them and then somehow coached it out of them when they left. I won't rule out special though, you guys are a different kind of something.