Jets and Bills @ Detroit

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have no problems with Percy. If we (and by we, I mean Pete), didn't know he was a snake when we picked him up, we should have. Maybe it was the fear he would go to SF.

pehawk

Reaction score
3 touches for 18 yards by my calculations.

Man the Hawks are cruel. You cant tell me they didn't prefer the jets, a place he'd surely suffer and never see the light of day. They have cap room too...when they hire Bevell Percy will be retained.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":tfk0508t said:
pehawk":tfk0508t said:
With Wilson they're a 12 win team. No doubt in my mind
Easily so let's NOT resign Wilson given we already are a 12 win team in a division that isn't Snow White and the 3 Dwarves right?
CautionAxeGrinding.jpg

KPA

Reaction score
I hope Harvin likes the Jets... I believe this is his last stop in yhr NFL! If it doesn't work there, he's probably done in the NFL.

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION! If you dont agree... I dont care.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scottemojo":19mjs9os said:
I have no problems with Percy. If we (and by we, I mean Pete), didn't know he was a snake when we picked him up, we should have. Maybe it was the fear he would go to SF.

I will likely start another mini-war with this, but that is exactly the way it went down, Scott. The information was everywhere well before we signed Harvin. I knew about Harvin (and posted that info here) so how could JS, hired by the wealthiest man in football, not know?

And that a large reason I have been so pissed with this whole deal. Take this with a grain (all) but I definitely believe SF hoodwinked us. I have friends close to the Vikes. I know with all certainty the Vikes kept Harvin benched after the Frazier incident, well after the ankle was healed, because they feared another misstep and they wouldn't be able to get a 2nd for him.

That's all they wanted for Harvin: a 2nd rd pick. And when you see what we got for him, that shouldn't be hard to believe. But then SF stepped in and blew the price up on us. They already had a head case in Crabtree (though mild in comparison) and they knew they were getting Boldin (how could they not?). I understand Pete, the mad professor wanting Harvin, but JS should have shut his ass down and identified that we were being duped by the enemy. 2 enemies, actually. The way this unfolded is just unbelievable to me...even now.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkWow":10lky8xn said:
Scottemojo":10lky8xn said:

I will likely start another mini-war with this, but that is exactly the way it went down, Scott. The information was everywhere well before we signed Harvin. I knew about Harvin (and posted that info here) so how could JS, hired by the wealthiest man in football, not know?

And that a large reason I have been so pissed with this whole deal. Take this with a grain (all) but I definitely believe SF hoodwinked us. I have friends close to the Vikes. I know with all certainty the Vikes kept Harvin benched after the Frazier incident, well after the ankle was healed, because they feared another misstep and they wouldn't be able to get a 2nd for him.

That's all they wanted for Harvin: a 2nd rd pick. And when you see what we got for him, that shouldn't be hard to believe. But then SF stepped in and blew the price up on us. They already had a head case in Crabtree (though mild in comparison) and they knew they were getting Boldin (how could they not?). I understand Pete, the mad professor wanting Harvin, but JS should have shut his ass down and identified that we were being duped by the enemy. 2 enemies, actually. The way this unfolded is just unbelievable to me...even now.
I wish Pete would get this hormonal about trading up a few spots in the draft for say, a Beckham Jr or a Kelvin Benjamin.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":3h4n1d9x said:
3 touches for 18 yards by my calculations.

Man the Hawks are cruel. You cant tell me they didn't prefer the jets, a place he'd surely suffer and never see the light of day. They have cap room too...when they hire Bevell Percy will be retained.

Nobody else wanted him, Pe. We couldn't do better than a 6th rd (+/-) for "the most dangerous man in football". And you can only imagine how hard JS was trying. Imagine the conversation he had with Mr. Allen as the deadline loomed.
That little prick better have learned a lesson in this. JS, not Harvin.

But I can't fathom what lesson it could be: Don't expose your team to cancer? Don't fix what's not broken? Don't get duped by your hated rival?

What do have a GM with the brain of a 7 yo? Christ, now I'm all wound up again. Think I'll go kill a centipede.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3e5o3ogv said:
HawkWow":3e5o3ogv said:
Scottemojo":3e5o3ogv said:

I wish Pete would get this hormonal about trading up a few spots in the draft for say, a Beckham Jr or a Kelvin Benjamin.

I swear bro...and I know how unpopular my opinion is, but I have no faith at all in this FO. I like the hell out of Pete. Don't get me wrong. I think he's an excellent teacher. But I'm so far not impressed when it's more than students he's dealing with. This is the stuff that drove guys like Spurrier and Saban back to the minors. An entirely different world when you're dealing with agents, inflated egos and players that can buy and sell you a dozen times over. I would like to see a new GM and Pete short leashed. But that's just me.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkWow":lyhmtf9y said:
Scottemojo":lyhmtf9y said:
HawkWow":lyhmtf9y said:
Scottemojo":lyhmtf9y said:

I swear bro...and I know how unpopular my opinion is, but I have no faith at all in this FO. I like the hell out of Pete. Don't get me wrong. I think he's an excellent teacher. But I'm so far not impressed when it's more than students he's dealing with. This is the stuff that drove guys like Spurrier and Saban back to the minors. An entirely different world when you're dealing with agents, inflated egos and players that can buy and sell you a dozen times over. I would like to see a new GM and Pete short leashed. But that's just me.
Walk that walk, Wow.
Personally I love what these guys have done with late rounders, and 2012 will keep giving for a decade. But I wish they weren't so SparQy with the early round guys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":20rz3wwm said:
MizzouHawkGal":20rz3wwm said:
pehawk":20rz3wwm said:
With Wilson they're a 12 win team. No doubt in my mind
Easily so let's NOT resign Wilson given we already are a 12 win team in a division that isn't Snow White and the 3 Dwarves right?
CautionAxeGrinding.jpg
No axes and no grinder here. Just reaffirming his post given WITHOUT Wilson this year we're likely 5-7 or worse.So yes with Wilson the Jets would be 6-6 or similar.

pehawk

Reaction score
Ugh.

I was actually saying I think if Russell Wilson was on the Bills, they'd win 12 games. I like the Bills defense, coach, and skill players. Add Wilson, they'd be deadly.

I have no clue what youre talking about. Did you miss a med?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":5u852ylx said:
Ugh.

I was actually saying I think if Russell Wilson was on the Bills, they'd win 12 games. I like the Bills defense, coach, and skill players. Add Wilson, they'd be deadly.

I have no clue what youre talking about. Did you miss a med?
No have you? With the Bills that team would be the Superbowl favorite or do you disagree with me because of your personal axe to grind with me? Excuse me for thinking it was the Jets given that Percy seemed to be the subject and the Bills are far less then having a top 10 quarterback away from being Cincinnati Bengal dangerous if not far better. But they don't, so they aren't, and never will be unless we do something inconceivably stupid like not resign Wilson.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't get it I'm in agreement with your view so why are you arguing?

1. Buffalo without an interception machine is good for 10 wins
2. With Wilson they're 12+ wins
3. With Fitzpatrick they're good for 8 wins

What's confusing about that? They're good everywhere especially if not every running back they have that is NFL level isn't on IR.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
HawkWow":2oyro2va said:
Scottemojo":2oyro2va said:

I was just as mad about us getting Harvin cuz I knew he was a POS and would also suck for us.

I too am disappointed in Pete and John, but from what I read John initially said Harvin wasn't worth the asking price but caved in when word came out that Harvin would "settle" for less than $16m/yr.

I am surprised so many people were blind to not only Harvin's attitude problems and injury problems, but also to his lack of production.

Harvin has actually been very mediocre as a "star" WR. His career numbers aren't very good and he has always been overrated.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
She is still pretty upset about the loss to the Raiders. Alex was way off that day.

pehawk

Reaction score
You can no more blame Mizz for her words, than you can a racist 5yo girl for hers. She's preconditioned, she has to, it's a requirement of the "blueletter group". Virtual high-fives would abound if any of them would be able make me look and sound more stupid than usual.

It's corny, but is what is. Lot of cliquesh and bizarre thinking. It's not just the avatars they sync up...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkWow":3paawtck said:
Haha...I forgot about Ron Mexico.

Vick was that eras Griffin to me. I mean that with all respect to both...talking college ball. I had the same concerns for both: Too fearless after tucking the ball. Vick has survived much longer than I ever thought he would, so I'm 1 and 1 on those 2.

I'd never seen a centipede before coming to Hawaii. Millipedes, yes...but these bastards...I once saw one kill a mouse and they make our scorpions look like crib toys. I'd say I've killed 1000s. No exaggeration. With that, I am certain they are hunting me down. Our place is tighter than a frog's ass and I spray shit that would kill 10,000 Cambodians and I spray it monthly...still they appear. Waiting. Watching. lol.

Pic of them??? Just curious. I have them in Idaho but they are the tiny worm-sized. Not been bit by one as I am just a tiny bit faster on 2 legs....for some odd reason. LOL And they are in the area of my wood gathering areas for camp wood and the wood stove.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3kijn23w said:
HawkWow":3kijn23w said:
Haha...I forgot about Ron Mexico.

Vick was that eras Griffin to me. I mean that with all respect to both...talking college ball. I had the same concerns for both: Too fearless after tucking the ball. Vick has survived much longer than I ever thought he would, so I'm 1 and 1 on those 2.

I'd never seen a centipede before coming to Hawaii. Millipedes, yes...but these bastards...I once saw one kill a mouse and they make our scorpions look like crib toys. I'd say I've killed 1000s. No exaggeration. With that, I am certain they are hunting me down. Our place is tighter than a frog's ass and I spray shit that would kill 10,000 Cambodians and I spray it monthly...still they appear. Waiting. Watching. lol.

Pic of them??? Just curious. I have them in Idaho but they are the tiny worm-sized. Not been bit by one as I am just a tiny bit faster on 2 legs....for some odd reason. LOL And they are in the area of my wood gathering areas for camp wood and the wood stove.
We would get the bastards in Arizona near a foot long.