Jets Offense looks formidable

Mizak

Reaction score
signed RB Dalvin Cook, who the Vikings idiotically released.

Just got back RB Breece Hall, who was killing it in his rookie season before he tore his ACL in Week 7.

Erin got his WR buddies Lazard and Cobb on the team, got a Super Bowl winning WR Hardman, the young WR’s Wilson and Davis.

TE’s Conklin and Uzomah.

Erin manipulated his way to get the perfect team.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I agree they look good in preseason and practice - but it is the Jets. So.........

Personally, I am rooting for implosion just to see the Jets fan turn on the team and players like starving wolverines.

NoGain

Reaction score
Their first six games are a bit of a gauntlet...

--Buffalo
--@ Dallas
--New England
--Kansas City
--@ Denver
--Philadelphia

They could easily come out of the gate 3-3 or 2-4. But yeah, the fans got something to be optimistic about.

bileever

Reaction score
Tough division, and I like the playmakers, but the O-line is suspect. Rodgers had a down year last year. Will he rebound, or was it the start of a decline?

One of my daughters is a Jets fan, bless her heart, so I hear it all. She comes over on Sundays to watch football. My son is a Seahawks fan, but I could not convert her.

Scout

Reaction score
Yes it is true that the Jets offense is stacked but that defense quietly added depth pieces by signing some Seahawks!

A good test for the Jets will be the pre season game against the Bucs. The Bucs are not planning to play their starters so the the Jets 1s should have the edge over the Bucs 2s. If the Jets 1s stalemate or struggle against the Bucs 2 the calls for paper champs may grow louder after all.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Interesting choice of team to sign with. They have Breece Hall, Michael Carter, Zonovan Knight, and they drafted Israel Abanikanda. They have a very deep rb group.

toffee

Reaction score
Their first six games are a bit of a gauntlet...

--Buffalo
--@ Dallas
--New England
--Kansas City
--@ Denver
--Philadelphia

They could easily come out of the gate 3-3 or 2-4. But yeah, the fans got something to be optimistic about.
Luckily they have Denver, that would help the record.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I might hate Rodgers a bit less because he's no longer a cheese grater but I do like the rest of the team. It'll be an interesting watch as I think Buffalo takes a step back this year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't think Denver is gonna' suck as much as you hope they do.
At that point in the season, week 5-ish, Mr. Unlimited may still be limited in his understanding and execution of Payton's offense. Denver also lost some talent on the defensive side. But it's at Mile High. I'm calling it a toss-up that Mr. Unlimited manages to choke away.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I see the obsession continues. Waste of energy, but do you.
Russell will do Russell. I had to realize after a while that "The Pick" in SB49 was a natural outcome of who Russell was as a QB at that time, and a great play by NE (esp Brandon Browner's read) and stop cursing "bad luck". Russell didn't, and still doesn't/cant reliably read defenses, evaluate matchups, and go through progressions. Then last year Denver vs Indy, we saw, same play, Russell miss KJ Hamler for a walk-in TD to win the game. (The infamous "KJ Hamler throws helmet" play.) Just the flip-side of SB49, Russell so emotionally damaged he resolved to ignore that side and focus on a pre-snap decision to go to his Dawg Cortland Sutton no matter what.

You really think Sean Payton is going to fix that in four games?

Torc

Reaction score
Tough division, and I like the playmakers, but the O-line is suspect. Rodgers had a down year last year. Will he rebound, or was it the start of a decline?

One of my daughters is a Jets fan, bless her heart, so I hear it all. She comes over on Sundays to watch football. My son is a Seahawks fan, but I could not convert her.
You've removed that daughter from your will I assume? Some things just aren't forgivable. :p

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't care. I care about the Seahawks. Not former players
You realize this is the NFL Nation forum, where talk about former players goes?
And that this is actually a NY Jets-related thread?
And you're quibbling about Broncos vs Jets matchup in week 5? Not even a Seahawks game?
And Mr. Unlimited, in all his eternal glory, will be a focal point in that game?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lighten up, Francis. It's a joke. I'm not quibbling about anything. Couldn't care less about the former guy, the Bronco's or the Jets.
Feel free to put me on ignore, it's real simple. I think the Jets are going to be a good team. Oh the horror, an opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts