Jets vs Jaguars

Mizak

Reaction score
Jets DL might give Seahawks OL problems.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I know we messed up taking Aaron Curry, but good lord. Zach Wilson looks like he will be out of the NFL by next year. Saleh is throwing in a 4th string QB who is actually moving the ball.

TAB420

Reaction score
He was #2 overall, right? Situations like this push the narrative (for me at least) to go with the QB we got...and stack that D.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He was #2 overall, right? Situations like this push the narrative (for me at least) to go with the QB we got...and stack that D.
Just because one guy was a bust doesn't mean that whoever you take is going to bust. That's a fallacious way of thinking. If Carroll and Schneider see a guy they like, they should take him. Geno Smith is a good place holder, but he's not really someone I see that is capable of elevating the roster.

Given that he's likely going to be getting over 35-40 mil per year in the current environment, it may be prudent to just resign Lock and draft a rookie to compete.

I could see them going both ways based on how they evaluate Lock and the QB class of 2022. Resigning Geno or drafting a QB.

Last edited:

TAB420

Reaction score
Just because one guy was a bust doesn't mean that whoever you take is going to bust. That's a fallacious way of thinking. If Carroll and Schneider see a guy they like, they should take him. Geno Smith is a good place holder, but he's not really someone I see that is capable of elevating the roster.

Given that he's likely going to be getting over 35-40 mil per year in the current environment, it may be prudent to just resign Lock and draft a rookie to compete.

I could see them going both ways based on how they evaluate Lock and the QB class of 2022. Resigning Geno or drafting a QB.
That's why I posted, "for me". I know there is risk either way. In my opinion, Gino is the safe pick. We know he can play the position and it allows us to work on the D. Look what the Niners are doing with a great D and a game manager.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
That's why I posted, "for me". I know there is risk either way. In my opinion, Gino is the safe pick. We know he can play the position and it allows us to work on the D. Look what the Niners are doing with a great D and a game manager.
How many championships have they been able to win with that defense? They haven't even been able to win consistently even with a strong defense. The QB position has been a major thorn in their side and this is with them having one of the best offensive minds in the NFL trying to scheme around their limited QB's issues.

Conversely look at the Broncos, they have the third ranked defense even when they traded one of their pass rushers. Right now they are one of the worst teams in the NFL.

It's also worth noting that the Niners and Broncos had to be bad for a while to acquire the picks necessary to build those defenses as well.

If you don't have a decent QB, you're just a team stuck in the rat pack these days. This is why if you identify a guy as a potential franchise QB, you go for him.

TAB420

Reaction score
And how many has the Seahawks won without the LOB?

Latest posts