Jets WR Coach Suspended

kidhawk

Reaction score

According to his attorneys he gambled from a mobile app and only on table games and non NFL sports. According to the article players can bet on non nfl sports, but coaches cannot bet on NFL or any other sports. He is appealing.

I can see why they would frown upon it, but a year's suspension for betting on non nfl sports seems a bit steep.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
How hard is it not to bet on sports if that's a rule of your employment.

Is his defense he was unaware or something since he admits to betting on other sports? Seems odd.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
How hard is it not to bet on sports if that's a rule of your employment.

Is his defense he was unaware or something since he admits to betting on other sports? Seems odd.

I agree that he should follow the rules of employment 100% but according to the article the rules are different for players and for coaches which seems dumb to me. More consistent rules across the board would be better for everyone. Also a year just seems like a lot for this offense.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

According to his attorneys he gambled from a mobile app and only on table games and non NFL sports. According to the article players can bet on non nfl sports, but coaches cannot bet on NFL or any other sports. He is appealing.

I can see why they would frown upon it, but a year's suspension for betting on non nfl sports seems a bit steep.
The rules are simple “Don’t gamble” even though the NFL pushes it hard in commercials. I agree it’s too steep especially for a 1st offense

Msfann

Reaction score
Its pretty hypocritical of the leagues to get into sports betting in the first place. I'm not saying this guy should be let off but the leagues look like idiots when something like this happens after they got into bed with sports gambling, they even put a team in vegas which is stupid and will bite them in the ass eventually.