Jim Harbaugh in the refs ears before and during the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm not saying it changed the outcome. But didn't it at least have as much an impact on the game as our crowd noise does at our games.

"Politics on the prospective penalties" It's a game Jim seems to play very well.

Kinda sissy-ish though!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Kudos to Harbaugh for doing it. I do think he had a psychological effect on how the refs called the game, but I don't think it had near the impact on the game as does our 12th man advantage. We can adjust to the way they were calling the game, but it's pretty hard for a team to adjust to our 12th man.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
As a former official myself, I really have no respect for officials who let coaches or players bully them into anything at all.

Mistakes will certainly happen - we're all human - but if you can't stand your ground when you're getting heat from the participants, you're unfit for the job and should resign immediately.

drdiags

Reaction score
It is smart on his part to see if he can impact calls. He has pointed out Seattle's physical play at corner for a few years now. He is paid millions of bucks to advance his team's cause and get wins. Always compete as Pete would say.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
It would seem to me it would have the opposite effect, if I were a ref and a coach wouldn't shut the f* up, I'd probably lean against him and his team! Just to stop the "noise".

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It had zero impact.

The only impact it's going to have is an outbreak of hearty laughter from 49ers fans coming on here and seeing us bitch and moan about stuff like this.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
And I'm on record in a number of other threads saying that this result wasn't about the officiating, which honestly I didn't even think was that terrible for the most part, but I can see where Harbaugh's lobbying does work in some spots. It's an unfortunate part of the game, but it's part of the game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He's a little girl for crying about it everytime, but it really has no effect on the outcome.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Every officiating crew has a different feel. Clete's crew is/has been pretty flag happy and is much better suited for a showdown of finesse teams.
His crew keeps games tight and the home teams benifit from calls a lot.

I need to find a good website that breaks down info on officials.
It's the main way the shield effects who wins and loses.

vanhawk

Reaction score
It's almost like he's doing it now because of this "character" the media has developed. They love to slow-mo his reactions, with spit flying out of his mouth. Seriously this must have happened 10+ times yesterday. He just looks like an idiot to me!

iigakusei

Reaction score
The refs were bad...but it was even on both sides. I swear some people have to always have an excuse. We lost to a good team on the road by 2 points. Let's move on.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I watched the game, and for the most part I think the refs called it evenly. Fact is, we DID play an undisciplined game and it cost us.

vanhawk

Reaction score
I'm all for talking to the refs. It gets a bit much when you're four inches away yelling obscenities at them. This isn't the WWE!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't allow it, if I was the official. Let the first tirade slide, give a warning at the second one, drop a flag at the third. Eject on the fourth.

I'd also have dropped a flag for Boldin grabbing my arms and shoving me away.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":z13h9vli said:
It had zero impact.

The only impact it's going to have is an outbreak of hearty laughter from 49ers fans coming on here and seeing us bitch and moan about stuff like this.
To say the officiating had ZERO impact on the game is disengenuous or you are trying to be contrarian or both.

It would be like saying the officiating is the ONLY reason Seattle lost. Neither statement is true.

It was a contributing factor amongst A LOT of other contributing factors.

.....and who gives a flyin' F what some trolling ninnies idiots think?

I don't get why people put value in what some rivals fanbase thinks about them, that's just a bizarre mentality IMHO.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Certainly the refs are going to claim that it had zero impact. But the fact is that they are human, and as humans they can and have be influenced by a number of external stimuli, including the home crowd, a player or a team's reputation, and complaints by a coach.

Having said that, I reject the notion of blaming this loss on the refs.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3vpqukie said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3vpqukie said:
It had zero impact.

To say the officiating had ZERO impact on the game is disengenuous or you are trying to be contrarian or both.

It would be like saying the officiating is the ONLY reason Seattle lost. Neither statement is true.

It was a contributing factor amongst A LOT of other contributing factors.

.....and who gives a flyin' F what some trolling ninnies idiots think?

I don't get why people put value in what some rivals fanbase thinks about them, that's just a bizarre mentality IMHO.

Unless I'm missing something, English didn't say officiating didn't impact the game, he said Harbaugh's bitching didn't affect the officiating in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.