Jimmy Graham “flying” in Seahawks’ pregame warmups

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Jimmy Graham “flying” in Seahawks’ pregame warmups as recovery progresses"

The star tight end looked fast, fluid and comfortable running routes for Russell Wilson with the first team offense in full pads during pregame warmups.

While Graham is not yet ready to play in a game -- and it remains iffy he’ll be ready when the season begins Sept. 11 against Miami -- Thursday’s warmups gave encouraging signs four days short of nine months after he ruptured the patellar tendon in his knee.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 36722.html

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I wonder what the medical staff is saying regarding his knee? Is it up to the medical staff, Pete Carroll, up to Jimmy himself?

Joygazm

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1t4czmf4 said:
I wonder what the medical staff is saying regarding his knee? Is it up to the medical staff, Pete Carroll, up to Jimmy himself?

I would imagine the player tells the medical staff how he feels. The medical staff takes that along with other information to Coach Carroll with their current recommendation.

sutz

Reaction score
Joygazm":3lbrxhuw said:
Bigpumpkin":3lbrxhuw said:

I would imagine the player tells the medical staff how he feels. The medical staff takes that along with other information to Coach Carroll with their current recommendation.
I'm sure the med staff has veto power. They know if there is any structural problems. If they clear him, then comes the percentage of risk assessments colored by how important the game is.

Pete decides:

Pre-season-don't matter.

Sept-important, but not critical.

Dec/Jan-still attached? rub a little dirt on it and get your ass on the field. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
Strength, knee wobble and looseness, stamina are all being assessed, I am sure they have numbers he has to hit to say let him go.

dogorama

Reaction score
sutz":3g35xrl9 said:
Joygazm":3g35xrl9 said:
Bigpumpkin":3g35xrl9 said:

I'm sure the med staff has veto power. They know if there is any structural problems. If they clear him, then comes the percentage of risk assessments colored by how important the game is.

Pete decides:

Pre-season-don't matter.

Sept-important, but not critical.

Dec/Jan-still attached? rub a little dirt on it and get your ass on the field. ;)

There are serious liability issues involved, if he hadn't been cleared to play he wouldn't have even been in pregame warmups. Of course any tweak could change that immediately.

Add a healthy JG to the mix and I think we have a top-5 receiver corp, Graham is particularly important because of his ability to block out and catch the ball w/a receiver draped on him.

Tical21

Reaction score
He looks a lot slimmer this year and I have a great feeling about that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":a4akvqbr said:
He looks a lot slimmer this year and I have a great feeling about that.
I'm confused you're usually a contrarian just for chance to defend a position that is less then likely just for the discussion. What gives?

It's obvious both "I'm Jimmy" and Rawls are fine or will be fairly quickly or they would have never been pulled off PUP in the preseason and allowed to practice so what's your angle here? By the way your avatar is the best on .Net even above Neal's, Blue Talon and Sis.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I 100 percent disagree with the original post that quoted he looked fast and fluid. As a physical therapist and athletic trainer, I like to watch the guys that are coming off of injuries during warm ups (in fact I go into the stadium about an hour early to do so). Both Rawls and Prosise looked very fast, like there was nothing wrong. HOWEVER, Graham looked anything BUT fast and fluid. He was slow with his cuts, and had a noticeable limp after the first 15 minutes of the warm ups. I was as discouraged by what I saw from Graham as I was encouraged by what I saw from Rawls and Prosise.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd be surprised to see Jimmy on the field for the home opener in a couple of weeks.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2yy1oe7z said:
I 100 percent disagree with the original post that quoted he looked fast and fluid. As a physical therapist and athletic trainer, I like to watch the guys that are coming off of injuries during warm ups (in fact I go into the stadium about an hour early to do so). Both Rawls and Prosise looked very fast, like there was nothing wrong. HOWEVER, Graham looked anything BUT fast and fluid. He was slow with his cuts, and had a noticeable limp after the first 15 minutes of the warm ups. I was as discouraged by what I saw from Graham as I was encouraged by what I saw from Rawls and Prosise.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd be surprised to see Jimmy on the field for the home opener in a couple of weeks.

hmmm, I thought i heard Brock say they were having Jimmy play Basketball as therapy, as the range of motions are more erratic and are a good test to see where he's at. Strange they would do that if what you say is true.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2kgq2914 said:
hmmm, I thought i heard Brock say they were having Jimmy play Basketball as therapy, as the range of motions are more erratic and are a good test to see where he's at. Strange they would do that if what you say is true.

He was encouraged to play basketball against some 64 year old guy and lost. It was both a test for his knee and his confidence.

dogorama

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1bs8omih said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1bs8omih said:

I don't want to cast any aspersions on you B&G or doubt the veracity of your statement but something's not right here. As someone who has been through innumerable injuries and a seeming eternity of PT, limping is NOT a sign of being fully healed. Perhaps he just tweaked something, but my optimism for his quick return has just been shot down.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":174duyze said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":174duyze said:

I'll take Chukar's word for it, but being slow out of breaks and limping isn't too big of a deal. Limping is most likely soreness. Pete said Jimmy was running a lot of sprints before he suited up and ran routes, so being slow into and out of breaks can mean he's just fatigued a bit (remember, he's been PT'ing, not doing a ton of full speed football stuff), or possibly that he mentally is easing into being more explosive.

I've read that in most knee injuries, it's harder to get back into things mentally. Physically the knee will be fine, but the body doesn't want to trust it yet to protect it.

Pete is usually cautiously optimistic. The one thing I'm sticking to is that both Pete and John have been pretty consistent that Graham is on track to be ready for the season opener, and that's been the line for 3-4 months now. It tells me that he's been progressing on a certain schedule with no set backs.

Personally, I'd like to see him come back after the Rams game. Fisher will have those guys cheap shotting Graham's knees all day long. Graham normally takes a lot of shots to the legs anyways, so caution is better.

hawker84

Reaction score
The coaches and training staff, would not allow him to fully dress down and fully participate in pre-game warm ups if he was still injured. And he would certainly not be playing basketball.....

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Well, sure he'll look slow compared to Rawls and Prosise, so the evaluation starts with an urealistic reference. The limping doesn't sound good; however, I wouldn't expect that to completely go away for quite some time.
I'm still doubting he starts on day one, because the history of this injury says otherwise. We'll see.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk