Jimmy vs PRich

olyfan63

Reaction score
PRich has developed into a very good NFL wide receiver and we should do all we can to keep him, within reasonable fiscal constraints. I don't get those who give Baldwin and Graham any real credit for PRich. (I'm sure Baldwin was a great mentor though) PRich is his own man, creates his own separation, makes his own catches. Sure it's nice having Baldwin and Graham to draw opposing D attention, but give PRich his due. He's worked his ass off, worked through injuries, and is a good, legit NFL receiver that defenses have to respect. Fast, smart, good hands, great chemistry with Russell. Sure, Darboh looks like he can maybe someday become a better version of Kearse, but PRich is getting the snaps now because he's ballin out.

I think the Graham or PRich decision will sort itself out when the time comes, based on what the FO knows about the players and the market. Keep 'em both, I say, if at all feasible. I'd love to see RW and Bevell develop some of the same stuff we now run for Graham to go to McEvoy. Willson is the odd man out unless he's super cheap. Vannett looks like he has some upside, finally getting on the field.

Seafan

Reaction score
PRich and Jimmy are both necessary for the offense to function. RW depends on the chunk plays and the Hawks would have little red zone scoring without Jimmy. I'm sure they both will be priorities.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Russell had his break through season when Jimmy was injured, so Russell has proven he can put up high numbers without him.

Russell has also put up great numbers without PRich, so we don't "Need" him for a deep threat. That's what great Qbs do

Both would be great to keep. If I had to choose, I'd lean towards Jimmy. I don't think it's a matter of Bevell and Russell not knowing how to use him. I think the problem is, Qbs have been taught forever to throw to the back of the endzone. Jimmy's different, you have to place it in a certain spot and fight everything you've taught as a QB.

There have been too many armchair Qbs who have been criticizing this as if the transition is a one-two process. It took two years in New Orleans for Jimmy to have his truly record breaking season, under a Sean Payton style offense which is much more elaborate

massari

Reaction score
If they're able to spend around $10M per on Graham, I'd rather put that money into the OL or go all in on Le'Veon Bell.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Are we so sure that Paul Richardson is going to be demanding this much money?

I like PRich but hes been injury prone and his numbers are not exactly that good for a wide receiver.

edogg23

Reaction score
How about a time machine and they don’t extend Kam when they didn’t have to. I read if he doesn’t pass his 2018 physical his contract is fully garenteed at that point for 2018. This can pretty much ruin their cap space by itself. Brilliant move!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Graham

From a player standpoint, JG is just a massive mismatch. One that we're just now leaning on heavily. I love PR, but health concerns will never go away with him.

From the draft standpoint, there are a lot of pretty good WR prospects coming out. And in general, every draft seems to have several PR type receivers in them. Whereas the TE draft pool is pretty lousy.

So from a value and replacement standpoint, JG is worth the 5-6M per year more that his contract will demand.

massari

Reaction score
IrishNW":2s3lr7wd said:
Are we so sure that Paul Richardson is going to be demanding this much money?

I like PRich but hes been injury prone and his numbers are not exactly that good for a wide receiver.
Probably a Golden Tate type contract.

original poster

Reaction score
Graham for sure. He's in a rhythm.

Although I'd much rather the team franchise tags him, I doubt it'll happen, though. They don't seem to like using the FT.

Latest posts