Jon Gruden and Raiders parting ways.

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":n3i54xzx said:
Well even a google or gmail can get hacked, or a accidental send forward to a wrong address, I imagine these guys have hundreds or internet transactions thru email, bill pay, business exchanges etc a day be it email. text or whatever.

Again most don't know the reaches of what the technology can go into, they just use the applications and don't think about the data trail you leave.

I don't know how many times I have heard people say I don't need to know that stuff just make it work and do what I want it to do.

That's true, but at least Gruden would have had the law on his side if the emails were hacked. Most credible news organizations aren't going to run with a story that was illegally obtained as there's a legal risk to them in doing so.

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":3bt43c61 said:
chris98251":3bt43c61 said:
Well even a google or gmail can get hacked, or a accidental send forward to a wrong address, I imagine these guys have hundreds or internet transactions thru email, bill pay, business exchanges etc a day be it email. text or whatever.

Again most don't know the reaches of what the technology can go into, they just use the applications and don't think about the data trail you leave.

I don't know how many times I have heard people say I don't need to know that stuff just make it work and do what I want it to do.

That's true, but at least Gruden would have had the law on his side if the emails were hacked. Most credible news organizations aren't going to run with a story that was illegally obtained as there's a legal risk to them in doing so.

We have had more then a few of those in a Political arena so I can't further, again retraction is fine, but once damage is done, it's done.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Just think, if Gruden had stabbed a guy, beat his wife, murdered dogs for sport or raped a bunch of women, he'd still have his NFL job.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ben Volin of the Boston Globe has some thought provoking observations:

Most pointedly, why is Gruden the only person taking any shrapnel from the yearlong investigation into Washington’s workplace culture? The NFL’s punishment of owner Dan Snyder was laughable when it was announced on July 1, and looks even more absurd now that Gruden’s e-mails have been leaked.

Washington was fined $10 million and Snyder had to cede control of the team “for at least the next several months,” but that was it. The person who received control of the team was Snyder’s wife, Tanya. Snyder wasn’t formally suspended, and he showed up to the Aug. 12 preseason game and sat in the owners’ box.

And why did the NFL not allow (investigator Beth) Wilkinson (hired by the NFL) to provide a written report of her entire investigation? You know, like the 243-page report Ted Wells authored on the Patriots’ alleged ball-deflating scheme.

Wilkinson was told to give a verbal report to NFL leadership, but none of her findings were printed in ink. There was no public mention of any of the several dozen sexual harassment allegations made against Snyder and his football team, nor of the $1.6 million workplace misconduct settlement Snyder paid to a former female employee in 2009.

The NFL forced former Panthers owner Jerry Richardson out of its exclusive club late in 2017 when several allegations of sexual harassment came to light. Yet Snyder got a slap on the wrist and full protection from the NFL. It’s outrageous and disgraceful.

The Raiders also have some explaining to do. Owner Mark Davis stood by Gruden last week when one racist e-mail from Gruden denigrating NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith came to light. But Davis also had in his possession the homophobic and sexist e-mails that the New York Times published Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jo ... d=msedgntp

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3738xodn said:
James in PA":3738xodn said:
Wow, just reading through some of his comments…. Gruden went full-out Archie Bunker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what probably really stings is him KNOWING he's not the only one in the league/industry who speaks/thinks that way, but he's the only one who got caught.

I note that Goodell released Gruden's emails that cost him his job but burned the Patriots' Spygate videotapes and did nothing to Robert Kraft after he was arrested for patronizing prostitutes. Use bad words and have bad opinions and you're out, but affect the integrity of the game and it's all good.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
RiverDog":e3rtjj47 said:
fenderbender123":e3rtjj47 said:
Whoever leaked the email has committed a much more unethical act than whatever Gruden said. When I send emails to people, it's expected they don't leak it to the media. Doesn't matter what the law allows. Ethics are ethics.

If it were to and/or from a private domain like Gmail or Yahoo, yes, I agree with you. But if you send something to/from a company's domain, nfl.com, espn.com or whatever, your emails are not private, they're the property of the domain to which you sent it to and/or from.

If the messages were on the NFL or WFT's domain, and since the league was able to discover them through their investigation of WFT, I would have to assume that they were, then both Gruden and Allen are complicit. Allen, being a GM and one that should know all about their electronic communication policy, should have responded to Gruden and told him to cool his jets and if that didn't work, forward the messages to his boss, ie Snyder. But instead, they went on for years.

Read the last sentence. Ethics are ethics. I'm not talking about whether a server is private or whether or not somebody has the legal right to share an email. I am talking about being ethical which has nothing to do with the law.

For example, let's say my girlfriend writes me a letter and mails it to me. I have the right to open that letter, take a picture of it, and post it on Reddit. But would I do that? Hell no. Even if it was the most offensive letter in the world, me posting it online to try and embarrass and ruin her life would be an absolutely piece of shit move by me. I'm not a piece of shit, so I wouldn't do it. I was taught better than that.

RiverDog

Reaction score
fenderbender123":h2ov8l7g said:
Read the last sentence. Ethics are ethics. I'm not talking about whether a server is private or whether or not somebody has the legal right to share an email. I am talking about being ethical which has nothing to do with the law.

For example, let's say my girlfriend writes me a letter and mails it to me. I have the right to open that letter, take a picture of it, and post it on Reddit. But would I do that? Hell no. Even if it was the most offensive letter in the world, me posting it online to try and embarrass and ruin her life would be an absolutely piece of $h!t move by me. I'm not a piece of $h!t, so I wouldn't do it. I was taught better than that.

OK, fair enough. The person that leaked the email was unethical. So were the reporters that broke the Watergate story. It's standard operating procedure in the news business. They're all a bunch of sleaze balls.

Besides, it has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make: That emails sent to or received on a company domain are the property of that company. It doesn't matter if they were written under the assumption that they would only be read by the recipient.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm sure anyone who doesn't have a problem with this would gladly post their text history for all of us to comb through and judge them on. I would like to see Randy Moss phone records, I'm sure he has never said anything vulgar.

I also wonder how many people, who are so offended, have referred to Gruden as Chucky

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Is calling somebody a pussy really considered sexist? That's laughable.

RiverDog

Reaction score
cymatica":20cay1wj said:
I'm sure anyone who doesn't have a problem with this would gladly post their text history for all of us to comb through and judge them on. I would like to see Randy Moss phone records, I'm sure he has never said anything vulgar.

I also wonder how many people, who are so offended, have referred to Gruden as Chucky

My text/email history would be pretty boring.

But you do bring up a good point: Should the NFL be looking at everyone that has ever sent an email to or from their domain in the same way they did with Jon Gruden? It's easy to do, just flag a search for certain words or phrases. Same technology that the CIA and FBI use to detect potential terrorists.

I suspect that's why the NFL is sitting on this report of theirs. They know that they've opened up a can of worms when they authorized the independent investigator to look at WFT's emails. They had to respond to the Gruden emails because they were leaked, but they're afraid to go any further because it could result in hundreds of coaches, players, owners, etc being implicated.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'd say he's an idiot for doing this stuff but then he got away with it for so long. Maybe it's like drunk driving: people rarely actually get stopped/crash doing it so the consequences seem sorta sudden. The racial statements and the ones surrounding Michael Sam are insanely unacceptable for a person of his position/stature to be sending at work. They're unacceptable enough for a workplace, but this dude had such significant leadership responsibilities, and it's not like he's 19 years old.

What's really disturbing in all these reports is the stuff with Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder/WFT and the cheerleaders in Costa Rica. It sounds like they were coerced (including possibly passport confiscation by the team) into nude photos and these were sent to Gruden. Snyder is a terrible owner from a team/economic standpoint, and he's run a bad organization with bad people. The other owners should have gotten rid of this dude by now.

cymatica

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1n0osm6m said:
cymatica":1n0osm6m said:

Stop.

No, it's a valid point. You can make fun at one persons looks but not someone else's strictly because they have different pigmentation in their skin. It's the definition of hypocrisy

RiverDog

Reaction score
bmorepunk":21hmdcyn said:
I'd say he's an idiot for doing this stuff but then he got away with it for so long. Maybe it's like drunk driving: people rarely actually get stopped/crash doing it so the consequences seem sorta sudden. The racial statements and the ones surrounding Michael Sam are insanely unacceptable for a person of his position/stature to be sending at work. They're unacceptable enough for a workplace, but this dude had such significant leadership responsibilities, and it's not like he's 19 years old.

What's really disturbing in all these reports is the stuff with Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder/WFT and the cheerleaders in Costa Rica. It sounds like they were coerced (including possibly passport confiscation by the team) into nude photos and these were sent to Gruden. Snyder is a terrible owner from a team/economic standpoint, and he's run a bad organization with bad people. The other owners should have gotten rid of this dude by now.

Yeah, the WFT cheerleader's accusations makes Jerry Richardson's perversions, like asking to shave female employee's legs for them, look pretty lame.

But I'll bet that it goes beyond WFT and Dan Snyder. How much you want to bet that Jerry Jones's name popped up in some of those 350,000 emails they went through?

Stud

Reaction score
cymatica":7ajzdmiz said:

I agree with this. Unfortunately, the NFL is trying to protect Dan Snyder so might as well have someone be the scapegoat. In this case, Gruden.

I also like the fact that Gruden is being removed from the Ring of honor by the Bucs, yet Warren Sapp is still in it. The same guy arrested for getting a hooker, not paying child support and assault is still ok, but don't you DARE hurt someone's feelings in an email.

What a f------ clown world we live in. Thanks Twittersphere for starting this backwards thinking behavior.

Stud

Reaction score
cymatica":37n02yyp said:
hgwellz12":37n02yyp said:
cymatica":37n02yyp said:

Stop.

No, it's a valid point. You can make fun at one persons looks but not someone else's strictly because they have different pigmentation in their skin. It's the definition of hypocrisy

Yup, this is correct. But you're on a website where a lot of posters spill their soy over their keyboards over the smallest offense, so it's normal.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
To all of you “real men” on the defensive front, don’t worry….Gruden will remain rich and white. Soon to be on the rally tour fighting for the rights of the most marginalized group in America. Lulz

chris98251

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1nwws2lk said:
To all of you “real men” on the defensive front, don’t worry….Gruden will remain rich and white. Soon to be on the rally tour fighting for the rights of the most marginalized group in America. Lulz

There are places to take the racist discussion, they are not here however if that's what you want to do.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
chris98251":2ph4uaoe said:
Flyingsquad23":2ph4uaoe said:

There are places to take the racist discussion, they are not here however if that's what you want to do.

I don’t recall needing your approval for my post. This thread is literally about a racist and bigot…

But I understand why some would try and defend…

chris98251

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3u50mosb said:
chris98251":3u50mosb said:
Flyingsquad23":3u50mosb said:

I don’t recall needing your approval for my post. This thread is literally about a racist and bigot…

But I understand why some would try and defend…

No you don't need my approval, but reading and understanding the rules about posting political shit I guess went way over your head. Now if your inferring I am racist then you should be banned, you pick your poison.