Jon Rhattigan is awful

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Dude absolutely is too slow to chase a running back sideline to sideline. Hope we cut his ass

Scout

Reaction score
It feels like we may have seen his ceiling which is very low to start with. And I think there may be upgrades out there by the time cuts happen league wide.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It’s pretty bad when the only action you see in your career is either preseason or if every linebacker you have is injured. He’s a perennial practice squad guy for a reason

Scout

Reaction score
I think he's been playing good. What am I missing?

He isn't bad but obviously he is a depth player for a reason. I will give him credit that he is around the football.

balakoth

Reaction score
I mean he did get handled sometimes? but still had 9 tackles before the early 4th. He is still where he NEEDS to be.. which would help other players around him with better abilities than fringe or practice squad folks... its a hit and miss for me

olyfan63

Reaction score
I understood he was a good Special Teamer. Rhattigan seems like a good Practice Squad guy to keep around, maybe an asset in the film room with other LBs on reads and keys and such. Maybe emergency depth for injuries.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
How the hell are the Seahawks so good at finding talents like Bobby, KJ, even Brooks to be starters, but somehow can't figure out how to keep and develop back up linebackers?

Not one has been good or even average fill in if Bobby every goes out. Thank goodness he hardly ever goes out.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
How the hell are the Seahawks so good at finding talents like Bobby, KJ, even Brooks to be starters, but somehow can't figure out how to keep and develop back up linebackers?

Not one has been good or even average fill in if Bobby every goes out. Thank goodness he hardly ever goes out.
Note what's missing here. Norton Jr wasn't a great DC but he is a very good LB coach. These guys developed under KNJ.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Yes, but even the backups he coached never panned out either. Only ones were Bobby and KJ. All other lbs were mediocre to trash. When he was just the lb coach too. Even Irvin. Irvin was meant to rush the passer. Not cover and set the edge.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He has a tough time covering anyone. Most of the time his guy was wide open.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I understand Rhattigan had a severe knee injury a while back, ACL. Could still be physically recovering from that, and Hawks are betting on him to eventually get back to full speed. If he never gets back to full NFL speed (assuming he *had* it at one point), I wouldn't be surprised to see him work his way into the coaching staff. Just a hunch. Pete seems to like him.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Dude absolutely is too slow to chase a running back sideline to sideline. Hope we cut his ass

I disagree. I thought he played reasonably well. But I get that people have high expectations of LB with a decade of BWagz to watch.

Fade

Reaction score
Brooks will be in that spot eventually when healthy, Rhattigan is here to be lights out on special teams. If he falters there, you have a legitimate complaint.