JS/PC admit they screwed up with Wagner release- inexcusable

seabowl

Reaction score
What in the world is going on with Seahawks management? Now they admit they handled the release of Wagner poorly. How does this even happen? Your most loyal and maybe your most respected player since Largent and he finds out he’s released through the media? Sorry but there just seems to be too many blunders for what was once a player friendly coach/management staff. It’s almost like PC/JS have forgotten what made them different and better than other front offices around the league and now they are being viewed as incompetent and cold. Players were coming to Seattle to play for the Hawks because of how they were treated. Now it seems like the opposite. If you would have asked me back on 2013 that this is what they’d become, I’d say you were crazy. Just shocking and sad to see such incompetence.

keasley45

Reaction score
I didn't take what they said that way. Pete was clear he didn't say anything to Bobby rightb away because he was hopeful there'd be a way to avoid having to let him go. From what John said, the problem arose in that during him speaking to other GMs / reps in the context of trying to see what they might be able to do with Bobby, the likelihood oh him being released was leaked... and leaked directly to Bobby because he represents himself.

You can make the argument that John should have known that because Bobby represents himself, that he might find out the way he did. It can also be forgiven, given that of the roughly 1700 players in the, only 7 are without an agent, and so the complications that may ensue, are less known.

They also clearly stated that they reached out to him to let him know in a fairly 'normal' way ( ie they didn't just sit on the news negligently) but it was the circumstances or the representation that complicated the matter and led to him knowing before.

Also seems it was entirely John's call.

It looks like a case of just an unfortunate thing that happened. If a perosn is on the fence about John and Pete or leaning toward the critical side of things, I can see how this might be a reason to lean negative. I see that.

I just don't see a situation of gross negligence. Bobby reps himself and in doing so, got the full 'buisness' end of things, as there was no, typical agent / organization relationship.

Regardless, they both took responsibility and seemed sincerely regretful that it happened the way it did.

warden

Reaction score
Admitted their mistake, corrected their mistake. Have to respect that

scutterhawk

Reaction score
When you are your own ''Business Agent'?.... "Shit Happens"
Bobby wouldn't have come back if he felt like Pete & John purposely screwed him over, simple as that, eh.

Torc

Reaction score
Given that Wagner is back, I don't think any of us need to lose sleep over what happened. That whole situation didn't happen the way they intended. I was disappointed that they let him leave, am thrilled that he is back and hopefully he is here until he retires, whenever that is. There's no need to look for reasons to be grumpy at management.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
At the risk of reading (way?) too much into this, and also at the risk of beating a dead horse, maybe this tells us just how contentious the whole Wilson saga really was.

Sometimes a guy pissed at his boss and then goes home and takes it out on his wife and kids.

Seeing how inept 3 was / is without Pete, one can only imagine the frustration Pete harbored as Team me3 made it appear Pete, and not Russ, was the problem in Seattle and it's possible Bobby was wrong place, wrong time. I'm just happy that's now all behind us and I hope Bobby has a couple more good years ahead for us.

I was never a huge Pete Carrol fan but now with a better understanding of the behind the scenes stuff, I'm a big fan now and I am 100% confident in him as our leader. Never thought I'd say those words but like Pete and JS, I admit that I was wrong.

Latest posts