Julius Thomas rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veilside

Reaction score
If this is true, we're running out of options. Andre Johnson or Jordan Cameron I guess.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Welp looks like he's off to the Jags.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/574626887386947584[/tweet]

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
cacksman":2dac605l said:
Recon_Hawk":2dac605l said:
cacksman":2dac605l said:
Let's get a list of people that will look like fools if Thomas comes to visit Seattle next week.
Just on this page so far:

onanygivensunday
jackflash50
Chukarhawk
keatonisballin
Recon_Hawk

:lol:
For sharing some dirt on him? It's all for fun. We're talking about giving $8 million a year to a free agent. I think people should hear as much as they can and let them decide. This news on him could be true or could be complete BS. It could somewhere in the middle. Either case it's worth discussing.

I don't see this process much different than the draft. If this article came out about a college prospect you would have to include this in every scouting report as a possible red flag.

I'll tell you though if it's true and he's more about himself than a ring, I hope they don't sign him. I'll take my chances in FA or the draft.

It's a possible red flag, but people are using it as evidence that he's "not a team player". A rumor based on something a player said, that can be interpreted in different ways =/ evidence. He could have meant he's 90% close to being healthy enough to play. That's completely subjective anyways. Ridiculously silly.

But it is evidence that he's not a team player. As long as you believe the report is credible. Now should we view one player's opinion as the final and only needed evidence of truth? No, but there's no way to misinterpret what his teammate is saying:

"When asked if Julius Thomas was soft like some say, he said, ” where there’s smoke, there’s fire.”"

"“You have guys taking shots just to get through the half and this dude can’t even play with a minor sprain” one teammate told me. “You can’t win with guys like that,” he added."

"“Julius is here to get his money and get out,”"

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1d5bwvvk said:
cacksman":1d5bwvvk said:
Recon_Hawk":1d5bwvvk said:
cacksman":1d5bwvvk said:
Let's get a list of people that will look like fools if Thomas comes to visit Seattle next week.
Just on this page so far:

onanygivensunday
jackflash50
Chukarhawk
keatonisballin
Recon_Hawk

:lol:
For sharing some dirt on him? It's all for fun. We're talking about giving $8 million a year to a free agent. I think people should hear as much as they can and let them decide. This news on him could be true or could be complete BS. It could somewhere in the middle. Either case it's worth discussing.

I don't see this process much different than the draft. If this article came out about a college prospect you would have to include this in every scouting report as a possible red flag.

I'll tell you though if it's true and he's more about himself than a ring, I hope they don't sign him. I'll take my chances in FA or the draft.

It's a possible red flag, but people are using it as evidence that he's "not a team player". A rumor based on something a player said, that can be interpreted in different ways =/ evidence. He could have meant he's 90% close to being healthy enough to play. That's completely subjective anyways. Ridiculously silly.

But it is evidence that he's not a team player. As long as you believe the report is credible. Now should we view one player's opinion as the final and only needed evidence of truth? No, but there's no way to misinterpret what his teammate is saying:

"When asked if Julius Thomas was soft like some say, he said, ” where there’s smoke, there’s fire.”"

"“You have guys taking shots just to get through the half and this dude can’t even play with a minor sprain” one teammate told me. “You can’t win with guys like that,” he added."

"“Julius is here to get his money and get out,”"

I don't blame him for taking the money. Cash in while your hot. The best TEs last forever, he should get a shot at playing for a better team with his third contract.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":9bkrb2fo said:
I don't blame him for taking the money. Cash in while your hot. The best TEs last forever, he should get a shot at playing for a better team with his third contract.

I don't blame him either. If Seattle wants him, they should have to offer full value. None of that "come play in Seattle and win a ring but take a smaller contract". Nothing's guaranteed. Player's should always look out for their best interest. Talent wise, he's worth whatever he gets paid.

What I'm concerned about is that he's either soft or he doesn't love the game. The Broncos were playing for a Super Bowl and there's a chance here that he wasn't willing to sacrifice to be on the field with his teammates to help them win.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/574665999670099969[/tweet]

Nothing set in stone yet

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":12rdaklv said:

Nothing set in stone yet

Because players cannot agree to any contracts officially until Tuesday. Doesn't mean he hasn't made up his mind though.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1a5c2ir9 said:
Recon_Hawk":1a5c2ir9 said:

Nothing set in stone yet

Because players cannot agree to any contracts officially until Tuesday. Doesn't mean he hasn't made up his mind though.
Rang is basically saying that Thomas hasn't made up his mind though...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I would definitely not get my hopes up, seems like plenty of outlets saying he's going to be headed to JAX.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Largent80":3il2qzl7 said:
This guy isn't going to sign here.
Careful what you say here, Largent... cacksman will add you to his "Fools List". :stirthepot:

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1klpy2jf said:
Recon_Hawk":1klpy2jf said:

Nothing set in stone yet

Hasn't stopped everyone else from "unofficially" agreeing to a contract ;)

I think you're right, but who knows.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jax makes sense. His soft ass would want to be as far as possible from Kam Chancellor.

kearly

Reaction score
cacksman":32rl8o88 said:
The deal Denver was rumored to offer him was $8M. If that is even correct, I'd bet that the guaranteed money wasn't very good. We can't go off a rumored contract offer for a basis on what he turned down.

Sure we can.

I knew the $8 million part from Denver, I just assumed the offer had an expiration date. Looks like Thomas won't regret a thing though (other than going from Denver to Jacksonville). If Jacksonville is in on him this early, he's going to get PAID.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
kearly":6vl2zudd said:
cacksman":6vl2zudd said:
The deal Denver was rumored to offer him was $8M. If that is even correct, I'd bet that the guaranteed money wasn't very good. We can't go off a rumored contract offer for a basis on what he turned down.

Sure we can.

I knew the $8 million part from Denver, I just assumed the offer had an expiration date. Looks like Thomas won't regret a thing though (other than going from Denver to Jacksonville). If Jacksonville is in on him this early, he's going to get PAID.

Rumor has it is close to or above 10m.

Count me among those banking on Julius Thomas to sign with Jacksonville shortly after 4 p.m. on Tuesday. Hearing this could approach $10 million a year as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... -tannehill

cacksman

Reaction score
kearly":3q427vun said:
cacksman":3q427vun said:

Sure we can.

We have no idea how much guaranteed money Denver offered, therefore we have no idea if Thomas actually turned down a legit $8M/year offer.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We don't need Julius Thomas anyways. I say we trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for John Carlson, bring Jeremy Stevens out of retirement and we should have our TE problems solved. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.