Just get in the tournament...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
In the first round, in an already spoken prophecy by Kip, Seattle could face a 7-9 Saints team.

marko358

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1hsr0w75 said:
#6 Mysteriously maddening roster decisions. Why the hell is Kam Chancelleor not on IR getting an operation? Kam looks 90 years old out there right now. Its killing this team in both coverage and run D. Just stop trotting him out there. Jeron Johnson is a far better answer right now.

Not enough people talking about this and it's spot on.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1vrnt2ji said:
In the first round, in an already spoken prophecy by Kip, Seattle could face a 7-9 Saints team.
Could happen but I'd expect the 6th seed. Unless Dallas wins the NFC East and we beat Philadelphia.... 8)

RunTheBall

Reaction score
hoxrox":4gs4033x said:
Unfortunately with Bane, and now Unger out, I don't see us going 5-1, which is what will be required to get the wildcard.
5-1 could win us the division

Largent80

Reaction score
RunTheBall":c74iis9n said:
hoxrox":c74iis9n said:
Unfortunately with Bane, and now Unger out, I don't see us going 5-1, which is what will be required to get the wildcard.

Anything is possible right? I like the optimism.... :th2thumbs:

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Largent80":3kq0jrmm said:
RunTheBall":3kq0jrmm said:
hoxrox":3kq0jrmm said:

Anything is possible right? I like the optimism.... :th2thumbs:
Cards lose to us twice, @Atlanta and one of the other 3 games. It can happen. Drew Stanton is their QB, he nearly threw a pick 6 yesterday a couple times.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
A wildcard is almost a certainty from the NFC North.

The Packers and Lions have two of the easiest remaining schedules in the league, and they're already in place to make the playoffs.

That being said I think it's likely that Philadelphia falls with their very porous defense.

If we go 4-2 and Philadelphia loses here and there we make the wild card as a #6 seed and play Dallas in Dallas.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3j73gp5z said:
We need 11 wins to make the playoffs.

Chances are slim that we just "get in the tournament" .
How are you so sure 10 won't make it?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1lpdp1qi said:
On the road no less. O.M.G.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Well, things we HAVE to do: Beat Philly. Beat AZ twice. Things we probably won't do: Win on a short week in SF. We do what we have to do and then win at home vs St.L. and SF we go 11-5 and make the playoffs.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Stillers. Ravens. Giants twice.

Recent history suggests being hot is just as good as being good. It doesn't make close losses easy to swallow, but it does give a bit of hope.

60niners

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1t9cckeb said:
Stillers. Ravens. Giants twice.

Recent history suggests being hot is just as good as being good. It doesn't make close losses easy to swallow, but it does give a bit of hope.
GB in 2010 also.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":11e0jahc said:
Scottemojo":11e0jahc said:
On the road no less. O.M.G.

And with the Hawks as defending champs just like the Saints that year the media would just drool over the irony. They would just love for the Saints' "redemption."

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2wi8jzns said:
Seattle could get in with 10, if they get the tiebreaker over SF and beat the Eagles. If they do those two things and end up at 10-6, I think they'd have a really good chance to get in.

Hopefully the Cowboys loss doesn't haunt us, but they are currently the only playoff contender that Seattle loses a tiebreaker to.

Seattle has two losses in the AFC, which will help their tiebreaker as well.

Seattle has the 2nd highest DVOA in the NFC, behind a team they trounced on opening day. It might feel like their season is over, but their playoff chances are still healthy.

The key to a playoff berth will be finding ways to account for the Unger and Mebane injuries, and Bevell finding a way to call six good games in a row. I've never been a Bevell detractor, but for the first time I think our season is on his shoulders. If he calls a poor game this year, we usually lose that game. Next two games are a huge test for Bevell.

Agreed. I've been saying it until I'm blue in the face, but we're positioned well IF we win our games. SF is 1-2 in division, with half their games already gone. We're 0-1 (thus the reason we're in 3rd place) with 5 to go. We have to sweep them now, as their schedule is much easier than ours. Sadly, we could have a better divisional record, yet lose the WC to them if they end up with one more win than us.

We have to win the games. It's going to be tough, but every game we win knocks down another team in front of us, or tied with us. At this point, we don't need help to get in. We control our playoff future, we just have to grab it.