Just going to toss this out there...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Pete's contract runs through the 2019 season. I think once that expires and he has at least one more Super Bowl tucked away, he'll be ready to walk away from the game a satisfied man.
And John Gruden's not going to return to coaching. He's found his niche in the broadcast booth and with the side projects he does. Our next coach likely comes from within the organization and retains the personality of the team that Pete has built.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":87v9kkde said:
Pete is going nowhere... not until he wants to call it quits.

This team is poised to make a 2012/2013 type of run... I feel it.

No distractions... everybody on board.

Have fun... win... one game at a time.

"no distractions" ??? Really? While I don't believe Pete would ever be let go, if it ever did occur, I'd think it would because of the myriad of distractions he allows.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
If Pete really wants to leave a mark beyond what any coach has done, he needs to take this "win forever" philosophy and prepare the staff to go forward without him. Pete is already getting quite the coaching tree but only Quinn has really been able to take that knowledge and get results.

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't care what our record is, I just want Pete to stay. No distractions, everyone on board....SURE! :sarcasm_off:

I like Pete and what he has brought for sure. But I sure don't like everything about his style, and he sure as hell doesn't have an open ticket to losing football with this talent IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Even if for some insane reasons this team goes 7-9 and implodes, Pete won't be the one leaving, it'll be the roster that gets churned over.

Where's Pete going to go? Back to college? Another team? Highly doubtful.

So I have no idea what Dameshek's talking about. Even if you think the Hawks are past their prime and are ripe for a terrible year.............which is already a big stretch, "top down changes" wouldn't be what happens. Pete and John aren't going anywhere, they'd just reload for another 4-5 year stretch.

ducks41468

Reaction score
I just hope to God our next coach isn't Cable. That would be terrifying.

sdog1981

Reaction score
ducks41468":b6svnfdz said:

I am the founder of the Fire Cable society. But I feel he might be better as a head coach than he is as a position coach.

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":1h4yag5c said:
ducks41468":1h4yag5c said:

I am the founder of the Fire Cable society. But I feel he might be better as a head coach than he is as a position coach.

Agree....as long as he is not involved in any draft selections! :pukeface:

I will add that that would still make him a lousy coach as well.....as has been seen already.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
When is Pete's contract up ?

Only then will this even be possibly considered, and then only if Pete doesn't wan t to stay.

Seattle is very fortunate to have this future HOF coach. His regime is doing thiings better than they have ever been done before here and his record is only 2nd to Bellichek.

This shakeup nonsense is exactly that.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":d99c9c50 said:

Only then will this even be possibly considered, and then only if Pete doesn't wan t to stay.

Seattle is very fortunate to have this future HOF coach. His regime is doing thiings better than they have ever been done before here and his record is only 2nd to Bellichek.

If I'm not mistaken, he signed a 3-year extension last year sometime, making the 2019 season his last under contract. That would put him at 68 years of age. We will win a Super Bowl within that time frame, so I think he'd coach out his contract and then ride off into the sunset. Just my opinion.

iigakusei

Reaction score
He also picked the Hawks to win it all this year FYI.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":309g9bm8 said:
jammerhawk":309g9bm8 said:

If I'm not mistaken, he signed a 3-year extension last year sometime, making the 2019 season his last under contract. That would put him at 68 years of age. We will win a Super Bowl within that time frame, so I think he'd coach out his contract and then ride off into the sunset. Just my opinion.

Correct. signed through the 2019 season.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3dcwgv5d said:
If I remember correctly, Pete's contract runs through the 2019 season. I think once that expires and he has at least one more Super Bowl tucked away, he'll be ready to walk away from the game a satisfied man.
And John Gruden's not going to return to coaching. He's found his niche in the broadcast booth and with the side projects he does. Our next coach likely comes from within the organization and retains the personality of the team that Pete has built.

I can't think of anybody within the organization that would give me confidence.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":j6f2ikl3 said:
Siouxhawk":j6f2ikl3 said:

It's premature at this time, but I can think of a candidate or two. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1slnybu5 said:
Siouxhawk":1slnybu5 said:

Clint Hurtt is a really intriguing pickup for the Hawks this year. Let's see what he does with the defensive line.