Just think about this.

Rob12

Reaction score
Let this sink in:

Our defense just spent the most time on the field during a game in NFL history and all they needed from the offense was one TD and an XP.

And this offense failed to provide even that.

From here on out, our record is 4-1-OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO EAT YOUR SOUL.

Offense, do your part. Just a little. Please.

davidonmi

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3eex3ysm said:
They won't.

New Orleans is going to beat us by 2 TDs easy.
this bored is the most extreme that I've ever seen. give me a break.
34-23 seahawks. NO is awful

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't a bit much at all.

New Orleans scores. ALOT. Their problem is defense.

If you watched all the games this year, you notice a trend where we spend the 1st half shadowboxing with the offense and expecting the defense to hold repeatedly.

Then we start together more effective offensive series about midway through the 3rd. (Which is why I never watch the offense in the first half anymore...I get other stuff done and come back in the room for the defense, unless I am at the game).

The problem is, our defense is wiped. And now they have to travel across the country to play at 10am, but all those stops we expect and unfairly put our defense in bad situations ? Those are going to be scores now because the defense will be slower/still recovering etc. Go look at the stats on teams that go to double OT and how they do as visitors the next game....the numbers start with a zero in one column.

And our offense cannot score, not consistently. So do you think if we go a half without scoring but give up 2+ TDs in the first half we can come back from that? I don't. Without our defense to prop this team up, we stand a very good chance of getting shelled.

It isn't hyperbole at all to project a loss by 2 TDs consider travel, fatigue, recuperation needs, our OC, etc.

This is why going to OT was really really stupid. You don't just lose one game, if you go 2OT you likely lose the next too.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That is a crazy stat. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it. I knew our offense was bad, but I didn't think it was historically bad. Offense definitely has to pick it up. There is no doubt in my mind our offense just isn't the same without Russell's legs.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think based on the #s we might actually be worse than that Raven's offense the year they won the SB.

As Rob pointed out, we are in the Bears/Browns area but the Bears & Browns have WAY less talent than us.

One of the interesting things is that we really improved our RZ % I had issues with, mainly by just not getting to the RZ much anymore.

I get Wilson is injured but there are enough pieces on this team - we should be better at offense than the Browns who are using their 82nd string QB right now. At some point, if the guy pushing the buttons is at least competent, you should at least get to the 'average to below average' threshold but we cannot even muster that.

erik2690

Reaction score
We've lost by 10 points like once in the last 4 years right? And you just said we'd lose to NO by 2 TD's? Yes that is the definition of a "bit much" when it comes to predictions. It's possible sure, but as a prediction it's fairly silly.

erik2690

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ik5ige6 said:
Then we start together more effective offensive series about midway through the 3rd. (Which is why I never watch the offense in the first half anymore...I get other stuff done and come back in the room for the defense, unless I am at the game).

Honestly curious how you manage that as a fan. I couldn't do that. You missed several nice drives last week then right and just what watched em on replay or you just literally don't mind?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3q9tdefr said:
It isn't a bit much at all.

New Orleans scores. ALOT. Their problem is defense.

If you watched all the games this year, you notice a trend where we spend the 1st half shadowboxing with the offense and expecting the defense to hold repeatedly.

The problem is, our defense is wiped. And now they have to travel across the country to play at 10am, but all those stops we expect and unfairly put our defense in bad situations ? Those are going to be scores now because the defense will be slower/still recovering etc. Go look at the stats on teams that go to double OT and how they do as visitors the next game....the numbers start with a zero in one column.

And our offense cannot score, not consistently. So do you think if we go a half without scoring but give up 2+ TDs in the first half we can come back from that? I don't. Without our defense to prop this team up, we stand a very good chance of getting shelled.

It isn't hyperbole at all to project a loss by 2 TDs consider travel, fatigue, recuperation needs, our OC, etc.

This is why going to OT was really really stupid. You don't just lose one game, if you go 2OT you likely lose the next too.

Atlanta game went exactly like this... same with the 49ers game. and the Jets.

oh wait...

Largent80

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, the Hawks have beat up on bad defenses this year and N.O. has exactly that.

Put me down for a BIG FAT W right now in that game.

Latest posts