Justin Britt Questionable for NFCCG.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
pehawk":30e4bem1 said:
A real skeptical mind could think maybe this is their polite way of benching him, in favor of someone whooping his ass in practice. That would be a way Pete would handle it.

Most likely that's crazy talk, but, it would be how it was handled, IMO.

That's exactly what I thought Pehawk. His pass blocking was pretty suspect last game. Watch him on the Wilson to Willson TD vs the Panthers. He would be going up against Peppers this game. He can't afford those types of missed blocks this time around.

Rather than Pete throwing Britt under the bus in the media by saying he's might be benched for his play, he says Britt is "questionable, depending how he looks in practice" based on a previously unmentioned sore knee. Meanwhile behind the scenes, Britt is being put on notice that he better "compete" in practice this week.

BTW, this was the same type of cover story answer Pete would give for Christine Micheal early in the year when he wasn't getting in games. When supposedly the real story was that Micheal simply wasn't performing well enough.

Just a possibility.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Oh good Maxwell isn't "gimped up" any more. /sarcasm

"when you runnin' at me like that, and I"m runnin' at you... it's gonna be a nasty scene...." -Kam Chancellor

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kidhawk":2fahs2pn said:
MysterMatt":2fahs2pn said:
When did Brill get hurt? I don't recall seeing him go out of the game last week. Granted, I was fairly buzzed by the second half.

If not Britt, who will fill in? Bailey?

Pete said in his presser (which is recapped now viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105695 ) that Britt hurt his knee but finished the game. Said he's a game day decision and that Bailey took the snaps today at practice

He said that Britt didn't even know he was hurt. His knee didn't start hurting until the next day.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":12nm6ije said:
pehawk":12nm6ije said:
A real skeptical mind could think maybe this is their polite way of benching him, in favor of someone whooping his ass in practice. That would be a way Pete would handle it.

That's exactly what I thought Pehawk. His pass blocking was pretty suspect last game. Watch him on the Wilson to Willson TD vs the Panthers. He would be going up against Peppers this game. He can't afford those types of missed blocks this time around.

Rather than Pete throwing Britt under the bus in the media by saying he's might be benched for his play, he says Britt is "questionable, depending how he looks in practice" based on a previously unmentioned sore knee. Meanwhile behind the scenes, Britt is being put on notice that he better "compete" in practice this week.

BTW, this was the same type of cover story answer Pete would give for Christine Micheal early in the year when he wasn't getting in games. When supposedly the real story was that Micheal simply wasn't performing well enough.

Just a possibility.

Yes, and I suppose there really wasn't anything wrong with Maxwell...Simon just flat beat him in practice. Zack Miller sucked so bad they put him on IR to create more roster spots. Same way with Max Unger...Center By Committee is a commonly used practice in the league, so I'm definitely following this reasoning. It's all just a 'cover story,' gotcha! Continuity on an OL is highly overrated anyway. :177692: Not like Britt could run block really well or had actually improved noticeably at pass pro. Musical Bailey all over the OL; it's what makes our competition cauldron burn bright.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
When they put Carp on the bench last year for the Divisional Game they didn't try to hide it with an injury. I don't think they'd go as far as holding Britt out of practice if this was a performance thing. He's banged up.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":eb7pdqvh said:
kidhawk":eb7pdqvh said:
MysterMatt":eb7pdqvh said:
When did Brill get hurt? I don't recall seeing him go out of the game last week. Granted, I was fairly buzzed by the second half.

If not Britt, who will fill in? Bailey?

Pete said in his presser (which is recapped now http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105695 ) that Britt hurt his knee but finished the game. Said he's a game day decision and that Bailey took the snaps today at practice

He said that Britt didn't even know he was hurt. His knee didn't start hurting until the next day.

yea, pretty much. I believe his quote was "He came out of the game with a sore knee. He didn't know it during the game. On Monday and Tuesday it showed up".

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This is a concern. Britt is a much better matchup against Julius Peppers than Bailey, who is not as strong. Britt tends to do better against power rushers than he does against speed rushers. Bailey played very little at RT during the preseason and struggled somewhat, looking out of place on the other side of the line. I hope Britt is healthy enough to play well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2522c3gq said:
Feel confident in Bailey if Britt can't go.

Not sure we can rely on Simon's health next season if Maxi leaves. Could see us picking a CB early in the draft, Quentin Rollins is a name to watch.

Yea, this is the biggest question mark for me for our team next year, to be honest. We aren't going to be able to afford Maxwell, and Simon just can't stay on the field. At this point, we really can't rely on Simon for starting reps, even though he looks better than both Maxwell and Sherman did at this point in their careers.

For all the folks saying Bailey playing for Britt is addition by subtraction...think about this:

Britt is one of our best run blockers. Combined with Sweezy, Britt was making the right side of the line elite at run blocking, and a lot of Marshawn's big runs came behind them. Also, in short yardage, the right side was money.

So.....we're a run first team. Bailey is much better at pass pro than run blocking. The Packers have a better pass defense than run defense. Speed rushers give Britt trouble. Julius Peppers is no longer a speed rusher, but power rushers give Bailey problems.

I'm thinking if Britt is out it's a much bigger deal than a lot here are making it. The other issue is if we move on, Britt will be a rookie, playing in the SB, with literally no championship game experience.

Mojambo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":zi7ti20a said:
This is a concern. Britt is a much better matchup against Julius Peppers than Bailey, who is not as strong. Britt tends to do better against power rushers than he does against speed rushers. Bailey played very little at RT during the preseason and struggled somewhat, looking out of place on the other side of the line. I hope Britt is healthy enough to play well.

Me too. For continuity's sake at the very least.

Britt's been better than people think. Particularly in the last quarter of the season.

pehawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2eud5zs2 said:
SHOCKER315":2eud5zs2 said:
pehawk":2eud5zs2 said:

Just a possibility.

Yes, and I suppose there really wasn't anything wrong with Maxwell...Simon just flat beat him in practice. Zack Miller sucked so bad they put him on IR to create more roster spots. Same way with Max Unger...Center By Committee is a commonly used practice in the league, so I'm definitely following this reasoning. It's all just a 'cover story,' gotcha! Continuity on an OL is highly overrated anyway. :177692: Not like Britt could run block really well or had actually improved noticeably at pass pro. Musical Bailey all over the OL; it's what makes our competition cauldron burn bright.

Really?