Justin Wilcox

HawkWow

Reaction score
Throwdown":wve93uw0 said:
Wilcox left BSU for Tennessee, after that one year he went to UW. I don't think Petersen can fault him for building his resume.

My bad, TD. I forgot about Tenn. IIRC, he really turned that D around too. If we can retain he and Tosh, I see it as a huge upgrade over Sark. I just can't shake that radio thing. So disgusted am I, that I'm erasing all of my Dawg games so I don't have to ever see him again in purple. I see no way around it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I finally heard the Sark interview today, and jesus christ! You can tell he wasn't expecting it at all!

Like I said I'm not upset he left, I didn't care either way if he stayed or went, its the way he went, those players deserved better than to find out through twitter you know?

Does UW play USC next season? cuz I want them to run the score up on them, Sark did those kids dirty no way around it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No USC next year...which is a shame regardless. I'm the same way. I was never a Sark guy, but couldn't deny he brought us some great talent and did show improvement. Like you said, it was disgusting the way he did the kids. I think he must have lied 20 times in 3 minutes in that interview. I wouldn't let the guy sit in my living room, let alone "teach" my kid. I sincerely believe this will haunt him and he's not the right fit for USC to begin with. Not unless he rverts back to power football. This all my opinion of course, but I don't see a happy marriage down there. He's a less smug Kiffin, who also started his SC career with lies.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2f0639xs said:
Rumor has it Petersen is bringing his DC from Boise St.

Sucks it means Wilcox is gone. My best bet is Wilcox will be USC DC or Boise St. HC...
I did see the rumor that Coach K is coming over from Boise, but the one I saw said specifically that it was unclear in what capacity he was coming over.

Another tidbit I heard (according to Adam Jude) is that the $1million buy out is in effect for any lateral (DC) move by Wilcox, not just within the Pac12.

So, this bit is pure speculation on my part. I don't think UW is going to release Wilcox from the buy out unless he positively hates it at UW or had his feelings hurt by not being selected as HC. As unhappy as he would be, I just can't see UW releasing him just to go down to USC or another Pac school without compensation. I do, however, think they will allow him to play the field for HC and send him off with a blessing, if that's what he wants. If he is content at UW and stays as DC another year, Coach K will be shoe-horned into another vacancy within the program. Unless there is existing bad blood between Petersen and Wilcox (which no one has reported on or even mentioned), there's no reason to imagine that the marriage wouldn't be as successful as it was at Boise a few years ago. Wilcox, although younger, also has coaching seniority on Coach K, being already established in this DC job and having coached successfully in the Pac and SEC.

The thing with Wilcox is that he gives you nothing. Does he even want to be a HC? It's clear he wants to be successful, but does he want to be "the guy"?

chris98251

Reaction score
They can release him from duties and just hold him contractually hostage also, not the way you want to do things and creates bad blood but it's been done before.

justafan

Reaction score
If he doesnt want to be here let him go.He is a good coach who did a great job here but in the end he is as replaceable as Sark.