Kaepernick is the third 49ers scapegoat - so who’s next?

NINEster

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2vri225o said:
Popeyejones":2vri225o said:
Weird use of the word 'scapegoat', unless you think Kaepernick has been playing really well.

Weird thing is that Kap's stats are almost identical to Cam Newtons.

It's all about winning.

Last year's Kap stats weren't bad at all, but looked at from the context of an 8-8 season for a supposed contender, they were "terrible".

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
NINEster":m8zi7106 said:
seahawkfreak":m8zi7106 said:
Popeyejones":m8zi7106 said:
Weird use of the word 'scapegoat', unless you think Kaepernick has been playing really well.

It's all about winning.

Last year's Kap stats weren't bad at all, but looked at from the context of an 8-8 season for a supposed contender, they were "terrible".

This is true. I think it also shows the media feasting on Kap. It really isn't solely or even mostly on him. The 9ers are a really bad team with an even worse FO. Thing about owners is they are aloud to suck if they want to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":hm9oalry said:
NINEster":hm9oalry said:
seahawkfreak":hm9oalry said:
Popeyejones":hm9oalry said:

It's all about winning.

This is true. I think it also shows the media feasting on Kap. It really isn't solely or even mostly on him. The 9ers are a really bad team with an even worse FO. Thing about owners is they are aloud to suck if they want to.
Didn't Newton play on a 7-8-1 team last year?

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Back when "approved" 49er mouthpieces launched their PR announcements about a new multiyear contract for Colin Kaepernick, they neglected :roll: to mention that it was in reality a series of year to year options. It was "outside" sources that revealed actual contract structure.

There were those that sought comfort food thru declaring the revealed structure as team friendly. But to others, the discrepancies between imagery and actual contract commitment & structure was a window into the thinking and soul of management. And so this week, following weeks of leaks and speculation, .......surprise ......surprise, that contract enabled and facilitated the use of Kaepernick as the latest YBM scapegoat.

So the saga continues ........ who"s next?
Who will be their next scapegoat?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jville":rwvjsd28 said:
Back when "approved" 49er mouthpieces launched their PR announcements about a new multiyear contract for Colin Kaepernick, they neglected :roll: to mention that it was in reality a series of year to year options. It was "outside" sources that revealed actual contract structure.

There were those that sought comfort food thru declaring the revealed structure as team friendly. But to others, the discrepancies between imagery and actual contract commitment & structure was a window into the thinking and soul of management. And so this week, following weeks of leaks and speculation, .......surprise ......surprise, that contract enabled and facilitated the use of Kaepernick as the latest YBM scapegoat.

So the saga continues ........ who"s next?
Who will be their next scapegoat?

Last year it was "he's such a great guy that he signed a team friendly deal". This year it's the "Baalke is such a great GM" deal.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jim Tomasula will be the next sacrificial lamb. The FO will hire a better ( higher quality, they think) HC they couldn't get this year along with some high draft positioning. Making it look like they knew what they were doing all along. I suspect they are delving into Cleveland Brown tendicies now ( I hope).

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1vukkq1v said:
Jim Tomasula will be the next sacrificial lamb. The FO will hire a better ( higher quality, they think) HC they couldn't get this year along with some high draft positioning. Making it look like they knew what they were doing all along. I suspect they are delving into Cleveland Brown tendicies now ( I hope).

The niners have been in Cleveland Brown mode for over a decade. They found a coach they could FINALLY win with and ran him off anyway.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
rideaducati":wyswwnpk said:
seahawkfreak":wyswwnpk said:

The niners have been in Cleveland Brown mode for over a decade. They found a coach they could FINALLY win with and ran him off anyway.

Awesome point. Can't wait to watch the 30 for 30 in a couple years for their dumpster fire.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rideaducati":mfgstx5i said:
seahawkfreak":mfgstx5i said:

And what respectable coach or GM in his right mind would work for that organization? Consider how many players will hit FA next year and how many of those will not resign with the 9ers. How many FA's are going to want to play there?

They may be stuck in Al Davis mode now and until the Yorks sell the team or all pass away, they may just stay there. Even firing Ballke and everyone under him won't help as Jed will still be the owner and I just don't see anyone with options trusting him.

It is truly a dumpster fire of epic proportion.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3v3yh14u said:
And what respectable coach or GM in his right mind would work for that organization? Consider how many players will hit FA next year and how many of those will not resign with the 9ers. How many FA's are going to want to play there?

They may be stuck in Al Davis mode now and until the Yorks sell the team or all pass away, they may just stay there. Even firing Ballke and everyone under him won't help as Jed will still be the owner and I just don't see anyone with options trusting him.

It is truly a dumpster fire of epic proportion.
Great post and it may indeed be bad for a long time in Santa Clara.

chris98251

Reaction score
But they have a new stadium with a devouring field that makes Little Shop of Horrors look pedestrian.

Latest posts