KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/953037461243944960[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/953038424432193536[/tweet]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2rzcscb4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/953037461243944960[/tweet]

LOL. Screw you, Shanahan. You better score some points because your defense is going to be poop.

:irishdrinkers:

Crizilla

Reaction score
I like what SF is doing so if they wanted Ken, that's a good sign.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Sigh... really? This is a trade down. I know many of you like him, but his defenses were not good in Oakland and certainly not better than Seattle's.

I'm disappointed that Kris may be fired for a dude coming from an awful defense. Unless this is about something internal and not x's & o's or play calling then I don't get this move.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
LolaRox":3uzvge34 said:
Sigh... really? This is a trade down. I know many of you like him, but his defenses were not good in Oakland and certainly not better than Seattle's.

I'm disappointed that Kris may be fired for a dude coming from an awful defense.

Oakland has nowhere near the amount of defensive talent that the 'Hawks have.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I love this hire..
Norton will bring a fire to the D as the players respect him.
I am ready to watch the Hawks right now dammit.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I like his intensity and passion.

Knows the team, knows the scheme — I imagine he will be able to execute Pete’s plan on game day, while also actually holding dudes accountable during the week.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2lb79iji said:
vin.couve12":2lb79iji said:
No one will be happier about this than Bobby Wagner.

I bet Ken Norton is :)

I really don't know about that. They had a really tight relationship even though Norton was pretty hard on him, but for good reason. Norton knew his ceiling was higher than anyone else and pushed him continually and despite the toughness, Wagner was admittedly sad to see him go.

This will be Norton and Wagner's defense going forward and that's the way it should be. All other players on the team need to get used to that right now. I'm a huge proponent of teams behaving like teams, but the Earl Thomas complete and utter crap of a fiasco showed that this defense really needs a proper direction or his sorry arse can go to Cleveland.

The icing on the cake would be for Kam to come back so the continuity between Wagner and Kam from front to back can be there again, but even if not, I like where this is heading.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I like where' it's heading too! Norton has developed some Beasts.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Should have been the choice in 2015.

I know things didn’t work out in Oakland, but his familiarity here, along with a more aggressive approach than Richard will make this unit better. Injuries aside, we let a lot of mediocre quarterbacks get the best of us in recent years, which NEVER happened under Dan Quinn.

Boycie

Reaction score
LolaRox":1xxe79hg said:

I'm disappointed that Kris may be fired for a dude coming from an awful defense. Unless this is about something internal and not x's & o's or play calling then I don't get this move.

This may be about getting the D players back in line. They tuned our Richard, and Ken will definitely command their respect and make these guys toe the line.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I just don't see how you can compare "after this guy left his team did x"...look at Jacksonville. Does that mean that the entire staff was holding the team back for a full couple years?

I'm jacked and pumped about Norton. Richard never struck me as having the respect of the Defensive guys. So whatever.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Richard and Carroll have similar supportive coaching styles. Norton gives the defense a first lieutenant who can keep the players in line as they seek to accomplish their mission.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2wdj8hxk said:
Richard and Carroll have similar supportive coaching styles. Norton gives the defense a first lieutenant who can keep the players in line as they seek to accomplish their mission.

O5VVY_s-200x150.gif

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love this. I really, really do. I just have a feeling he's going to be AWESOME for us. I don't know how, I don't know why, I just feel it...I know that won't satisfy you X's and O's guys but I freaking LOVE this signing.

Crizilla

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":kk2sv3bt said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BuckyBrooks/status/953033334925402112[/tweet]

Bucky Brooks rated Andy Dalton higher than Russell Wilson few seasons ago. Move on.