Kevin Pierre-Louis and His Struggles with Depression

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Extremely good article in the Seattle Times in which Kevin Pierre-Louis opens up regarding his struggles with depression. As someone who has both counseled many clients with it -- and struggled personally with depression myself through my life, I found this to be a great read. I'm proud of him and the courage he showed in opening up about this most painful subject. I greatly appreciate efforts by high profile celebrities like KPL in helping to educate the general public and to move toward removing the old stigmas regarding this and other mental health issues ...

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ression-i-kept-trying-to-push-through-things/

Mods, I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this or not. Feel free to move if necessary.

RW92

Reaction score
I think it is fine to post this news. Depression is a tough battle. I wish him the best and hope he helps the Hawks to a Super Bowl this year. Too many times we fail to realize that there is more adversity off the field than on. Good luck Kevin, keep the faith my friend.

McGruff

Reaction score
First, Bruce Springsteen, and now KPL. I like this new world we live in where men can be open about their emotions and especially about depression. It has been far too long that depression has been considered unmanly.

Thanks Kevin, for your honestly. I truly hope it does help those who struggle get help.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Proud of him also. I too have struggled with depression, and still do. I take medication for it, which is a big help.

But like you said, people in the public eye bringing it out in to the open is very helpful for everyone, those that struggle with it, and those that they have to deal with on a daily basis.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Unchecked depression sucks the life out of you, one small piece at a time. Glad Kevin is getting help for it.