Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1036011700938567680[/tweet]

rjdriver

Reaction score
NINEster":5z7525dd said:
rjdriver":5z7525dd said:
James in PA":5z7525dd said:
Mack should have most of the rust off for Chicago’s week 2 opponent.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I could have told you he would traded to someone we play.

Reminds me of last year when I absoulutely knew that Zeke’s suspension would end against us.

Is there a monster pass rusher we don’t see this year? Lol.

Michael Bennett.

Technically,

We will see Bennett in the NFCCG

;)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":2oa4ch08 said:
NINEster":2oa4ch08 said:
rjdriver":2oa4ch08 said:
James in PA":2oa4ch08 said:
Mack should have most of the rust off for Chicago’s week 2 opponent.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I could have told you he would traded to someone we play.

Reminds me of last year when I absoulutely knew that Zeke’s suspension would end against us.

Is there a monster pass rusher we don’t see this year? Lol.

Michael Bennett.

Technically,

We will see Bennett in the NFCCG

;)

Where he'll line up offsides and jump early just about every 3rd down. Meanwhile, we'll hold him every down and it'll never get called. Maker my words! :mrgreen:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Craziness! Kidding....good for the Bears.

And, if this is what Gruden wants (as it seems) well, then Raiders live or die by him. Let’s see. We won’t know the ramifications of this for a couple years yet.

RedAlice

Reaction score
McVay keeps being called a boy Gruden.

They sure do seem to have completely different coaching styles.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Well I officially feel like we got Aaron Donald for a bargain. IMO he's significantly better than Mack.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1rhxtw5k said:
Well I officially feel like we got Aaron Donald for a bargain. IMO he's significantly better than Mack.

Donald might be the best player in the league.

uncle fester

Reaction score
We’ve seen Aaron Donald single-handedly collapse and destroy entire game plans against Seattle. He’s done it consistently in the face of double and triple team blocking. I don’t like it, but that’s where we are.

He is absolutely worth what the Rams are paying him.

Khalil Mack, while not being quite on Donald’s level, has almost the same ability and consistency. We just don’t have to sit through it twice a year. He is worth the money the Bears are now paying him, because that includes the premium you pay when sliding a star player out from under the nose of their former employer. The Raiders have made a mistake because they don’t place enough value in his ability to affect a game. The Rams played it smarter, talking with the agent, rather than scoffing and walking away.

Gruden will probably wake up on Tuesday morning, after Donald has chewed up and spat his team out, and think “Gee, I wish we had a player like that...” The man is an idiot.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":1apd84u4 said:
We’ve seen Aaron Donald single-handedly collapse and destroy entire game plans against Seattle. He’s done it consistently in the face of double and triple team blocking. I don’t like it, but that’s where we are.

Yeah, but since Cable was the O-line coach we've never seen him do it against an actual NFL-level O-line (for us). And, what game plan? You are forgetting about the other half of cabevel there.

uncle fester

Reaction score
The easy answer is he can only beat what’s in front of him :)

uncle fester

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":23aaquk1 said:
Your opinion. Unreal player, not worth over 20 mil a year.

Therein lies the rub though, right? The Rams say the price is worth it. What price is a total game changer on the D Line? (I don’t know) Raiders said less, and now they don’t have one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All a matter of opinion that's all. Outstanding players, but will ultimately ruin their cap. Unless they go the full Eddie Debartalo (or however you spell that) and just cheat their way to keeping a roster of stars.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2jrzc2xf said:
uncle fester":2jrzc2xf said:

Yeah, but since Cable was the O-line coach we've never seen him do it against an actual NFL-level O-line (for us). And, what game plan? You are forgetting about the other half of cabevel there.

He's been very good against pretty much anyone put in front of him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
AD would've wrecked us and will continue to do so no matter what. Unless your interior is Zack Martin, Rodney Hudson, and Andrew Norwell, he's going to put pressure on the QB consistently. Cable didn't help, but he couldn't make Jr Sweezy, Glowinski, Joekel, Pocic, Ifedi, or whoever played guard for us good enough to block Donald.

adeltaY

Reaction score
It's funny how the media keeps saying the Packers have no one who can block Mack, except they they do. Bulaga did it when they played the Raiders in 2015 and Bakhtiari is arguably the best pass blocker in the league.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
uncle fester":2bpqy2f9 said:
We’ve seen Aaron Donald single-handedly collapse and destroy entire game plans against Seattle.
Not to diminish Aaron Donald, but let's be real; we've seen this from other defenders as well. Our stupidly simple offensive formations that always telegraphed what we were doing made it much easier for opposing defenses to get away with that kind of crap.