Killer instinct

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
One thing I wish Pete had more of is the Belichick killer instinct.

This is the NFL. We're not here to spare anybody's feelings. Go for the throat.

Hawks46

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":1vo7dmen said:
the ultimate jump ship blame game never ceases to amaze me with our fanbase...

No kidding.

We just had a 10 win season and a playoff win while dealing with tons of injuries. I actually hear people screaming for a rebuild on this site.

And then wonder why other fans "troll the internet" and call us bandwagoners. Must just be jealousy.

What happens next year when we get a few pieces in the draft, the OL ends up being closer to league average an we go on a tear ? Oh yea....coaching staff is all genius, Schneider is the bestest, and Everything is Awesome !

Hendo66

Reaction score

This!

ATL & NE both got off to fast starts yesterday.

Then they kept the foot on the gas.

Winning Football!

bighawk

Reaction score
The reason our defense was so good from the beginning was our secondary the LOB was where it started. The pass rush came once Avril and Bennett. Super 49 needs to be resolved by the entire team. Let's start a new and fix the secondary. Re-focus take some time off and clear your minds and comeback and revenge That loss. Everybody keeps asking is our run over? I say no get another interior rusher to go with Bennett, Clark, Jefferson, and a draft choice. The more the merrier. These guys can fix it if they want to be great.

Boycie

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1zy4nvxz said:
chris98251":1zy4nvxz said:
Scorpion05":1zy4nvxz said:
Ehh, some of you blame Carroll. I think we have high standards BUT, I think those high standards were set by Quinn. I think if Quinn comes back to our defense, we would once again be the LOB

We went to our first Super Bowl before Quinn, LOB was built by Pete, Bradley, Richard and John Schneider.

Quinn helped the D line and was more aggressive in his play calling which I miss but he wasn't Moses.

He was not so eager to go to soft zone defense as well.

No, Quinn was the D coordinator for both superbowls. Unless youre referring to the Holmgren era. Bradley left after the 2012 divisional loss to Atlanta.

As to the OP, I agree the team hasn't had the killer instinct the last couple years. An infusion of youth and unproven angry players will fix that

This^ 100%

StoneCold

Reaction score
semiahmoo":l4o2srgh said:
ludakrishna":l4o2srgh said:
chris98251":l4o2srgh said:
What we seen from Atlanta today is what I have and still hope we can do in Seattle, Quinn allowed the team to score and then play aggressive defense, playing down hill on both sides of the ball, looking at that effect on the Packers it took their heart, Rodgers couldn't even bring up enough emotion to throw his normal tantrums, they took their will away.

This is why Pete Carroll is approaching the end of the road in his career. He's been figured out and is too arrogant to adapt his style. Too often he takes the pedal off hoping a reincarnation of the 2013 defense.

Don't want to call him arrogant, but agree his method has gone stale and opposing coaches sure as hell don't fear him.

Pete looked tired toward the end of this season. That fatigue was an extension of his being "off" IMO during Training Camp. The whole camp felt different, less intense/focused, etc. I wasn't the only one thinking "Uh-Oh, this don't feel right." Was far different that the earlier camps during the PC era.

Maybe Pete suffers from low T?

Schadie001

Reaction score
Couple of things we are missing from the SB winning year. First off a D line rotation. Bennett, Avril, Clemons, ect did not play dam near every snap. I can remember talks about whether Bennett and Avril would be happy with the more limited role they were playing in those days. More snaps equals tired players come the end of the game. We need to get back to a healthy rotation, meaning less snaps but far fresher legs at the end of the game. Second, we need another Big bruiser corner opposite of Sherm. Shead and Lane are not going to cut it, they aren't physical enough. Lane has not looked the same after the injury, Shead won't either when he comes back. On D, I believe that is it. Fix these two areas and we are back to punching people in the nose.

On Offensive, nothing needs to be said that everyone doesn't already know. Oline, Oline, Oline. If you can block you can put any back in there and he will be serviceable. Look at the Broncos under Mike S. every year a back no one ever heard of and every year a 1000 yard guy.

nategreat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3gfehku8 said:

I disagree. When it comes down to it, it's JUST football. The average time in the NFL is short. I like how Pete treats his players, from a life perspective. It encompasses many aspects and is applied in a football sense.