Kirk Cousins

DavidSeven

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1dc02gyt said:
If Ryan Tannerhill can get paid. If Sam Bradford can get paid. If the kid in Detroit (Stafford?) can get paid, then Kirk will get paid.

This is the type of reasoning that leads to poor decisions. Unfortunately, too many teams are guilty of it.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Seahawks loved him BTW. Think he thought they were going to take him. Carroll was somewhat smitten with his approach and attitude.

If Wilson goes somewhere else in 2012, I sense they take Cousins.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":3w01iurx said:
el capitan":3w01iurx said:
Also he owns the greatest play of the season.

1st & goal from the six with 6 seconds left in the half and no timeouts, and HE TAKES A KNEE. GENIUS.

Now I see more Hasselbeck in him than ever.

That's more of something I would expect from Tarvaris.

ivotuk

Reaction score
kearly":11buw1fj said:
He'll get franchised. No way he hits UFA any time soon. But if he did, he'd probably be the highest paid NFL QB simply because top 10 QBs almost never hit UFA. And at this point, Cousins is playing like a top 10 QB. His career arc is eerily similar to Matt Hasselbeck. This is basically the same season Hasselbeck went through in 2002 after years of sucking.

Never thought of it that way, great point. Doesn't Cousins have a stronger arm than Hasselbeck did? He also has better receiving talent.

Jordan Reed, Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson are light years better than anyone Matt had to throw to. In fact I think Garcon is one of the most underrated receivers out there. He gets open a lot but maybe it's injuries that slow him down?

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":19zflc7j said:
Seahawks loved him BTW. Think he thought they were going to take him. Carroll was somewhat smitten with his approach and attitude.

If Wilson goes somewhere else in 2012, I sense they take Cousins.

I remember hearing something about this as well. This would be interesting in that we'd probably have seen Flynn for the first year. Cousins wasn't ready like Wilson was.

That said, I can see him in the 17-19 million range. It's what other QBs are getting, and if Washington won't do it, there's 5 teams out there right now that will.

Kinda like we had to pay Russ. Someone was going to do it if we didn't. Looks like a good move now.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Kirk doesn't have the physical ability Russ does, but he has similar drive and leadership skills. I can see why Pete would love the guy.

chris98251

Reaction score
sc85sis":jnt7h112 said:
Kirk doesn't have the physical ability Russ does, but he has similar drive and leadership skills. I can see why Pete would love the guy.

I think the Texans are waiting to pounce on this if they get a chance.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
He's an emerging franchise QB. He's not a spectacular athlete. But he's adequate. He does appear to have a drive and grit that is uncommon. His best football I think everyone would concede is ahead of him. And I think he has the mental toughness to achieve.

IMO, he's well worth the contract. In that division, Cousins could be the best QB for a number of years.