KJ Wright - "Accountability wasn't even"

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
It’s amazing that LOB became a team movement, a culture of personality. Even Lynch inspired his rag tag group of men blocking for him to go all-in, sweat and blood.

Russ forced his way to the top of pyramid, Seahawks let him be that guy, and he failed. Not in statistics but the team and then he made the mistake of letting Team Russ fault everyone else to save face.

That’s why in the last game he wasn’t trying to be the hero and he was playing QB in a manner that he should of been doing last year as if he was trying to tell his detractors. “Look what I can do when you tell me I can’t do it”

He’s all about himself underneath it all.

toffee

Reaction score
Bro. The defense didn't 'give up' anything. They battled through losing key starters. It wouldn't have been close if that hadn't happened. Why the Russ vs the defense in the argument about who gave up what still persists is beyond me. The defense didn't crap the bed. They played as well as they could given the circumstances. And Russ without any limiting factors, could have placed that ball better.

And the choice to let the primadonna qb throw that pass when he was the won that was mostly carried to the championship arena by the D and Lynch... and for him to fail... and then AGAIN receive nothing in the way of accountability, broke this team.

And it's wasn't until Monday night that this was all correct this first time aired in the open. It's why the players are all coming out. It's why the team has an energy now it hasn't had in years. And it's why Russ gave that odd presser after the game. It's the airing of the truth behind the last 10 years. And just because Russ is gone, doesn't mean it hasn't lingered over the franchise, it's coaches and players.

It will fade. But it's just now being illuminated.
I always fault Pete for his mishandling of situation, what I termed behaviors unbefitting of a head coach. But one learns and changes, even at 70 years old. I am Pete age, and I like to think that I could still amend my views based on new evidences.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
But one learns and changes, even at 70 years old. I am Pete age, and I like to think that I could still amend my views based on new evidences.
open-mindedness allows one wise mind to spread and become many wise minds

toffee

Reaction score
That's opinion is not unground, and has a lot of evidence to back it up:

Ungrounded because I wasn't in the locker room, never interacted with the players involved, and no first hand perspective of a professional athlete. I formulate my opinions on what I read and my own life experience, but I accept that I could be totally off target.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Ungrounded because I wasn't in the locker room, never interacted with the players involved, and no first hand perspective of a professional athlete. I formulate my opinions on what I read and my own life experience, but I accept that I could be totally off target.

I gotcha. You aren't off target at all though.

sc85sis

Reaction score
That's not what is being described by KJ. What KJ is politely referring to is that Russ was treated with kid gloves by the coaching staff. No one was looking to bench him but addressing (and working on) his mistakes should have been front and center - just as it was for the star studded defense that carried him early in his career.
But KJ said that was when Russell was a younger QB and that it changed as he got more experience.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
But KJ said that was when Russell was a younger QB and that it changed as he got more experience.

That didn't stop the rift from developing early on. It was clearly never repaired. And from many reports, "changed as he got more experience" isn't exactly accurate either. Read the articles by Bishop and Wiskersham, if anything Russ' ego got WORSE as time went on. It's just that Seahawks front office got rid of everyone that was vocally opposed to the unequal treatment.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's been said that he changed the call from run to pass.
I can very well see him doing it.
If it worked he's the hero but instead he was scorned and
Pete took the blame for him.
No "I screwed up" Like a man but instead let someone else
take it for him as he always has.

Boycie

Reaction score

When as a coach you put that "All In" sign above the doorway in the tunnel to the field, and expect everyone to touch it before they go out there, you are creating a culture and an expectation. Like it or not, Pete failed in the way he treated Russ. The "always compete" carries a belief that everyone is also accountable for their performance, or at least that is what most of the team thought was true for all of them until it wasn't.

toffee

Reaction score
Was KJ playing with word? he didn't specify "changed", it could be changed for better, or changed into a bigger monster? Quite sure he meant better, the other choice is simply too evil.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I can see why Pete would be upset at the last couple of years. After he "protected" Russ in the early years, Russ going publicly with his criticisms must have felt like a betrayal. Not really surprising when you look at the defensive personalties, the low key "roll with it" guys like Bobby and KJ stuck with it. The more emotional guys like Sherm seemed to have more problems with it.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Not true, only on teams with a prima donna QB.

Please, link us up to articles about players on Buffalo, KC, Baltimore, San Diego, Cincinnati, etc. Nope, just the usual prima donna suspects like the Packers, NE, Arizona..........and soon to hear rumblings coming out of Denver after they underachieve this year.
I think another big distinction that people are missing, is preferential treatment in the form of 'perks' like media exposure via the team PR department, maybe a better parking spot than other guys etc...vs preferential treatment concerning on THE FIELD performance critiquing. People are combining the 2. All franchise QBs get the first and teammates understand that, but not the second one. That is reserved for long established top tier vets, sometimes. That doesn't fly with teammates unless it's someone like Brady or Manning. Here's the thing though, those guys don't need it. They're secure enough to get coached. I believe Brady even kind of requested it, so his teammates woukd see him get chewed out in front of them. Sends a message to everyone that you better perform or you'll hear about it